PDA

View Full Version : Intersting comment

Mr. White
08-22-2007, 07:08 PM
I don't usually care for most of the comments I see after news items. This one caught me as pretty good though.

"I love reading the Cheney story comments because everyone is like, 'impeach!' or 'we have to do something' or 'this is unconstituional' yet nobody every does anything, the story gets dugg to high heaven, everyone reads it and shakes their heads and says, 'it's a shame what they're doing to this country' and then they go back to watching cable television and eating McDonald's and forget about it the next day.
I'm not surprised by any of these stories anymore. But face it: The people who put Bush and Cheney in office are JUST AS MUCH to blame and those people are EVERYWHERE.
Typical Americans. Get what they want and then bitch about it.
The time to have STOPPED these Constitutional atrocities were BEFORE the election, you bunch of sheep. Now that you've succeeded in getting what you want, shut up and take your medicine.
Vote Ron Paul next time. Because in 2 years, you're going to be back on here FUCKING BITCHING about Clinton, Giuliani or Obama: "They were supposed to change things and nothing's changed!"
Poor bastards. Turn on the mainstream media, open a book, read the history of our country and our constitution and THEN you can vote. 1 in 4 Americans can barely fucking read, yet EVERYONE thinks they know all the issues and all the stances.
Americans vote very much the way that babies form relationships: Recognition.
"Oh, I recognize Hillary Clinton's name, I should vote for HER!" or
"Wasn't Giuliani that guy that fought back the terrorists! I'm voting for him!"
or, on a more local level, "I loved Schwartzenegger in that movie with the robots! I'm voting for him"
Just like a bunch of babies.
READ THE ISSUES. Read a book that isn't about a flying wizard. Turn off FOX and educate yourselves. Then vote. I know that's the exact opposite of what your instinct is telling you to do, but yeah...you're supposed to know the issues and the candidates BEFORE you vote and then you don't end up with a couple of guys openly and wantonly slaughtering the Constitution before your very eyes.
But again, you get what you ask for. And again, those who voted are just as much to blame than the administration."

Digg item here: http://digg.com/politics/Cheney_s_Office_Has_Warrantless_Wiretap_Documents_ will_not_give_them_up

thuja
08-22-2007, 07:20 PM
whom are we waiting for to do the impeaching?

thehittgirl
08-22-2007, 08:03 PM
I applaud your post. VERY well said.

But you forgot to mention how the pod people are always brainwashed by wondering if Britney's a fit mother, whether Lindsey Lohan is in rehab and Paris Hilton(WTH does she do anyway?). I'm also sure they know when the next American Idol is on but the hell with the debates!

fj45lvr
08-22-2007, 08:22 PM
I'm also sure they know when the next American Idol is on but the hell with the debates!

what debates?? I don't think we've had a debate for years. Are you refering to the 30 second sound byte talking point competitions where interrupters are rewarded?? Those are hardly a debate.....the sad truth is that #1 the networks don't think that real debates would get enough ratings to make it worth advertising dollars #2 the candidates by and large aren't really knowledgeable enough to actually debate so they would never want to expose themselves and what they actually believe or have no flippin clue about (.....oh....that wasn't on my flashcard during rehersal....could you ask me about 9/11 instead???)

#3 They don't really want to beat up on each other too much because it may not be politically a good thing for potential voters

I guess there has to be some other reasons....It's hard to believe that there isn't a real debate though (no matter if there are 8 or 9 candidates)....that really is telling isn't it??

quickmike
08-22-2007, 08:24 PM
1 in 4 Americans can barely fucking read, yet EVERYONE thinks they know all the issues and all the stances.

Soooooooo true!!!! I think that pisses me off about this country more than anything else, a bunch of dumb asses that think they know what this country needs and they always vote for the same bullshitter every time. Im wondering if we as a country will EVER learn.

George Carlin said it best ........... " People say weve tried more testing and the kids still cant pass the tests "oh dont you worry, well just lower the passign grades" more kids pass, the school looks good, everybodys happy........ the IQ of the country slips a few points every year and pretty soon all you'll need to get into college is a fucking pencil!! The government controlled corporations want it that way. They have the congress, the senate, the president in their back pockets and they control just about all the news and information on TV that you get to hear. I'll tell you what they dont want, they dont want a country of individuals capable of critical thinking. theyre not interested in that. It doesnt help them......They dont want people smart enough to sit around the kitchen table and figure out how badly theyre getting fucked by a system that threw them overboard over 30 years ago. They want obedient workers, people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork, but too dumb to figure out how badly they are getting screwed.They OWN this place............... Its a big fucking club...................................... and YOURE not in it!!!!........... You and I are not in the big club.

AWESOME

Patrick Henry
08-22-2007, 08:31 PM
Read a book that isn't about a flying wizard.

LOL