PDA

View Full Version : Moving to New Hampshire with the Free State Project - Jeremy from Manchester

porcupine
05-06-2008, 09:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xk40mkqNx4

Dave Ridley interviews another FSP mover about the why, how, and what of moving for liberty!

Cinderella
05-07-2008, 01:56 PM
i live in massachusetts....i hate it here...unfortunately i have the responsibillity of a child and i dont know how id be able to move seeing as my childs father and i arent together anymore....i would have to go to court to ask for permission to move myself and my child out of the state....

porcupine
05-07-2008, 05:47 PM
Is that true? I've never heard of such a thing!

invisible
05-07-2008, 10:29 PM
Sadly, yes - it's true. Ohio and Wisconsin have a similar law, you have to go before a judge and explain why moving is in the best interest of the child. Surely these are not the only states with these unconstitutional laws restricting our freedom of movement.

Cinderella
05-08-2008, 08:47 AM
i thought u had to ask the judges permission in all states? its bull shit....and her dad isnt a dead beat dad that id be able to just do what i want...hes actually involved, which of course is great in the sense that my child gets to see her dad, but he gives me the minimum amount of child support ($80) a month and only has her 2 days every other week, and when he does get her hes usually trying to leave her with me so he can do other things....so why am i forced to live in a state which i despise??? i guess its because he gives me $20 a week.....

Cinderella
05-08-2008, 08:47 AM
if i just decided to leave itd be considered kidnapping!!!!!

Libertarian Ideals
05-10-2008, 01:38 AM
Since the First 1,000 (http://freestateproject.org/first1000/) pledge was so succesful, the Next 1,000 pledge has begun.

If you are interested, you can sign up at pledgebank.com/Next1000 (http://www.pledgebank.com/Next1000)

"I will become a liberty activist in New Hampshire by September 30, 2011 but only if 999 others will do the same."

Details
I am a member of the Free State Project in New Hampshire, nothing less than the last, best hope for freedom in this country. We are working to make New Hampshire the freest state in the nation. We have literally packed up our lives to come to the Live Free or Die state, to work as one to save those rights that still remain, to restore those lost, and to prove to the world that freedom is right, government largess is wrong, and bureaucracy is no substitute for personal responsibility.

We're looking for the best of the liberty lovers, those who would withstand freezing winters and political scrutinizing. As early movers, we've joined activists groups, developed fora, testified in the legislature, protested tyrannical laws and wrong minded judgments. We've launched independent papers, canvassed neighborhoods, recruited neighbors, voted out bad legislators, and even burned the UN flag in public to send a clear, unmistakable message about American sovereignty.

By signing the First 1,000 pledge, we've committed out lives and our careers to building a foundation of liberty and restoring the freedoms the Founding Fathers intended.

In our new home we found a state based upon the principles of limited government and the consent of the governed, where most decisions are still made at the local level, even at town hall meetings, where state level spending is less than half what residents of most other states must face. Having no state income tax, sales tax, helmet or seatbelt laws, New Hampshire offers a level of freedom not seen in other states. Few restrictions exist on homeschooling, business operation, or improvements to one's own home.

New Hampshire has been rated on several occasions as the most livable state in the nation, the least taxed, with the lowest violent crime rate, and the freest anywhere. Our police are polite, professional, and make arrests only when necessary.

All who are willing to move or were already living here, who are willing to become active in advancing the great cause of liberty, who are willing to give up their ties to other states and make their way to the Granite state are welcome to join us in our efforts.

If we succeed, we will leave for posterity, and for the nation, the best example possible of proof that free, dynamic, open societies work better than restrictive ones, that freedom works better than tyranny. If we fail, at least let history say of us that we justified our brief time here on Earth. May our ancestors and our children say of us that we did all that could be done.

Kludge
05-10-2008, 01:51 AM
Sadly, yes - it's true. Ohio and Wisconsin have a similar law, you have to go before a judge and explain why moving is in the best interest of the child. Surely these are not the only states with these unconstitutional laws restricting our freedom of movement.

I'm fairly sure Michigan has a similar law =(