PDA

View Full Version : Delegates Earned Today?

libertythor
05-06-2008, 09:43 PM
Any delegates were earned today?

MozoVote
05-06-2008, 09:46 PM
Every 1.52% in NC is a delegate. Paul is currently 7.2% so it should be at least 4, maybe 5 if the state party rounds it up.

Alan Keyes appears to have won a delegate in NC. There may be two unbound delegates due to people voting "No Preference".

Huckabee will have 8, I think.

libertythor
05-06-2008, 09:49 PM
Cool. The percentage rules were fair at least. Anything from Indiana?

Every 1.52% in NC is a delegate. Paul is currently 7.2% so it should be at least 4, maybe 5 if the state party rounds it up.

Alan Keyes appears to have won a delegate in NC. There may be two unbound delegates due to people voting "No Preference".

Bradley in DC
05-06-2008, 10:03 PM

These numbers are for state convention delegates or national convention delegates or what exactly? (Sorry, I don't know NC rules)

Austin
05-06-2008, 10:12 PM
McCain won 27 pledged delegates to the RNC. There are still 30 unpledged delegates, though three of them (party heads) will likely vote for McCain. So, with those voting for McCain, there are 27 normal delegates that are unbound and uncommitted.

I do not know the numbers for the state convention, but we should be able to capture a good 5-10 delegates to the RNC with my estimated numbers.

MozoVote
05-06-2008, 10:21 PM
I don't have the clearest understanding of it - but I think that of the 69 delegates for NC, 3 of them are chosen with the RNC's consent. That leaves 66 to be allocated according to the results of the preference primary. 1/66 = 1.52%

We have 1 declared RP national delegate already elected from the 39 delegates selected at district conventions. So if Paul gets 4 total as a result of the primary, we need 3 more.

Some of the 3 can be found by just asking the currently elected delegates if they're willing to "flip" to RP. Whoever else we need, would be in the remaining slate elected at state convention.