PDA

View Full Version : 30 Ron Paul Republicans in Congress is just as good as a Ron Paul Presidency

dude58677
05-06-2008, 07:07 PM
We will see them voting against appropiating the Department of Education, DEA, etc. If we can get a few in Senate we can fillibuster the IRS. Mike Gravel ended the military draft on a fillibuster. So this is just as good.

ItsTime
05-06-2008, 07:11 PM
agreed, there is more than one way to slay the neo-cons

amy31416
05-06-2008, 07:14 PM
Awwww yeah. Plus, we need to think about grooming some of these people for the coming presidential elections.

Imagine 30 RP Republicans in Congress, and 1 RP Republican as president.

mmmm mmmm good.

UtahApocalypse
05-06-2008, 07:14 PM
Ron Paul may not win the Presidency.... He did However light the fire of revolution. That fire is starting spread like wild fire. Soon enough we will have our day, and we all can tell the tale of being their at the beginning of history.

MS0453
05-06-2008, 07:15 PM
Not only that, but limited-government politicians can help to open the eyes of others to the philosophy. Just as Paul did, so can Lawson and McKinley and so on...

Bobby Johnson
05-06-2008, 07:20 PM
Agreed, if that many can be elected. The Republicans who are similar to Ron Paul are going to have an uphill battle, though. I believe if Ron Paul does not gain the nomination, Republicans are going to take a beating in the general election. All the excitement and desire for "change" appears to be bringing out Democratic voters in droves.

As for me personally, I have not given up on the Ron Paul Revolution. Regardless of what happens, I'm in it for the long haul.

crazyfingers
05-06-2008, 07:20 PM
http://www.paulcongress.com/

I've got to say I'm optimistic. We don't need to elect them all. Even with just a small Constitutional voting bloc in Congress, our people can make the difference on close votes.

brandon
05-06-2008, 07:22 PM
Awwww yeah. Plus, we need to think about grooming some of these people for the coming presidential elections.

Imagine 30 RP Republicans in Congress, and 1 RP Republican as president.

mmmm mmmm good.

Exactly. If we get enough people into congress we can use the neocon's presidential strategy. Flood the election with RP candidates.

We need 5-10 well funded RP republicans seeking the presidential nomination in 2012. This will give the general public the illusion of choice that they are used to, but all of the RP candidates will have the same platform. The RP candidates can fight among themselves over sensationalist issues that the media loves to cover, ensuring that we wont be ignored again. Those that don't poll well will drop out and endorse the better polling RP candidate.

Akus
05-06-2008, 07:26 PM
We will see them voting against appropiating the Department of Education, DEA, etc. If we can get a few in Senate we can fillibuster the IRS. Mike Gravel ended the military draft on a fillibuster. So this is just as good.

i am with you, so if Ron Paul doesn't get the nomination, we can start pushing Ron Paul and Ron Paul like minded people for Congress and Senate.

TruthAtLast
05-06-2008, 07:31 PM
I'm not sure 30 is as good as the Presidency. There are hundreds of Congressman. But I get your point and agree with it.

The key is not only to get people of influence into positions of power, but by doing so have this real ideals that back this revolution infiltrate the minds of everyday Americans. Over time issues of Freedom, Liberty, Sound Money, Limited Government, and a humble Foreign Policy don't seem so "radical".

It takes time to un-brainwash people and though it may not happen as quickly as we'd like, I think all of us would have to agree that it is happening on an accelerated schedule. If it wasn't, the GOP and CFR wouldn't be so worried about us.

Highland
05-06-2008, 07:54 PM
Jimmy Goodman (Ron Pauler for 10 years) just won Macon County Commissioner against an entrenched Republican!!!! He it comes from the bottom up!!! Go jimmy Go Ron Go BJ

parke
05-06-2008, 08:53 PM
Exactly. If we get enough people into congress we can use the neocon's presidential strategy. Flood the election with RP candidates.

We need 5-10 well funded RP republicans seeking the presidential nomination in 2012. This will give the general public the illusion of choice that they are used to, but all of the RP candidates will have the same platform. The RP candidates can fight among themselves over sensationalist issues that the media loves to cover, ensuring that we wont be ignored again. Those that don't poll well will drop out and endorse the better polling RP candidate.

Good strategy. Lets hope we can stay united and continue to recruit fresh faces. Change is coming to DC whether they like it or not.:D

dude58677
05-06-2008, 09:04 PM

Brilliant!!:):D

rancher89
05-06-2008, 10:37 PM
+1776

If one man can make a difference, 20 people can do amazing things!

nate895
05-06-2008, 10:38 PM
If we get 10 Congressmen in there, that would be awesome. We could have surrogates for the next liberty candidate for President.