PDA

View Full Version : I'd love to see a debate with Ron Paul vs Hilliary Clinton

dude58677
08-22-2007, 06:56 PM
That would be the ultimate showdown of good vs evil and sincerity vs fake PR.

d'anconia
08-22-2007, 07:01 PM
Hillary would get her behind handed to her. She'd do the butt-handing if she were up against Romney or Rudy.

njandrewg
08-22-2007, 07:03 PM
you will get your wish September next year

kalami
08-22-2007, 07:34 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=C2oOoCdFblc
Here Clinton says she believes in individual rights and freedoms and actually uses that as her segue into collectivism. I think that anyone who has read even the most basic definition of liberty can hand Hilary her ass with an answer like this, but someone with Ron Paul's understanding would do nasty things to her. Can't wait until he has the opportunity.

andrewgreve
08-22-2007, 07:35 PM
Just so I can say I called it:

There will never be a nationally televised debate between RP and HC.

Cjays
08-22-2007, 07:38 PM
Hmmm...a Republican who voted against the war versus a Democrat who voted for it. Heads will spin. :D

trispear
08-22-2007, 07:38 PM
I'd actually like to see a debate of Ron Paul vs. the Neocons.

So far we seen them on the same stage, but aside a few seconds - no actual debate. Questions lobbed like softballs, 2nd tier candidates ignored, so on and so forth.

jjschless
08-22-2007, 07:45 PM
Hillary is good against a normal politician (see: Scoundrel) but I doubt she has the tools or knowhow to campaign against an Honest politician. Factor in the good Doctors voting record and consistency and she will have little to attack.

She will have to attack his ideas and therein lies our victory. She will have a couple well scripted and rehearsed lines to rebut the various arguments but if pushed beyond the talking points she will fold.

This is a similar metaphor to our armed forces and their difficulties. Hillary was trained to fight a certain type of adversary just as our troops were trained to fight and win terrain. Her tactics will not have the same effect on Dr. Paul as they would on Rudy McRomneyson. Our fine service members can take the battle field and kill the enemy but they were not trained to be policemen and preform a civil service. The two roles are counter-intuitive.

born2drv
08-22-2007, 08:15 PM
Just so I can say I called it:

There will never be a nationally televised debate between RP and HC.

What if we invited Hillary and RP to a "private" debate and offered to donate say $50,000 to a charity or fundraiser of her choice or something like that? Then we could record it ourselves, get it on youtube, and it would be in the MSM regardless ;)

honkywill
08-22-2007, 08:18 PM
that would be awesome.

slantedview
08-22-2007, 08:55 PM
hmmm, yep.

richard1984
08-22-2007, 09:30 PM

I think so, too.

It'll be the best television EVER!!!!