PDA

View Full Version : WTF Huckabee!!!???

NeoRayden
05-06-2008, 05:46 PM
What is up with people voting for huckabee...???

Doriath
05-06-2008, 06:09 PM
Why are you surprised? Indiana is up to its armpits in churches. If this race were just McCain versus Huck, Huck could easily have won the state.

NeoRayden
05-06-2008, 06:17 PM
15% of voters were willing to throw their vote away.

Doriath
05-06-2008, 06:29 PM
Well, you could say the same for the (so far) ~8% of us who voted for Paul. While I don't agree with Huck, I can't fault his supporters who vote their conscience to the end, especially as a guy who did the same for Paul. I'm far more p*ssed at the (so far) ~75% who voted for McWar.

Miexon
05-06-2008, 06:42 PM
ok i just saw pauls numbers again decrease from 10,100 ish to 9930, what is happening....

RSLudlum
05-06-2008, 06:48 PM
Well, you could say the same for the (so far) ~8% of us who voted for Paul. While I don't agree with Huck, I can't fault his supporters who vote their conscience to the end, especially as a guy who did the same for Paul. I'm far more p*ssed at the (so far) ~75% who voted for McWar.

Everybody loves to say they voted for the winner :rolleyes:

Well apparently not everybody....seems 23% of Indiana Republicans still don't like the heir apparent McCain!! :D

slacker921
05-06-2008, 06:49 PM
A vote for Huckabee is a vote for McCain PLUS it demoralizes Paul supporters since Paul is getting beaten by someone who dropped out of the race. That's how it works..

Doriath
05-06-2008, 06:52 PM
A vote for Huckabee is a vote for McCain PLUS it demoralizes Paul supporters since Paul is getting beaten by someone who dropped out of the race. That's how it works..

I dunno about you but I'm not demoralized...:cool:

123tim
05-06-2008, 06:57 PM
Nothing to be demoralized about...The people who don't know that he dropped out wouldn't possibly have any reason to educate themselves about Ron Paul, let alone know that he's still in the race. The people who voted for as a protest vote obviously voted because they liked Mike Huckabee. Those people would be the Conflicted Christians who like war (for the most part).

This is why I was suggesting putting out signs saying that Mike Huckabee has dropped out:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=135901

I don't know if it would have made any impact or not.

bergstrom
05-06-2008, 08:09 PM
I can't blame them, I would have still voted Paul had he dropped out.... What percent of McCain supporters would have stuck with him, had he dropped out?

In any case, there are still local elections to vote for that draw some people out.

yongrel
05-06-2008, 08:12 PM
Bj Lawson won. Life is good.

Waldo
05-06-2008, 08:59 PM
I can't blame them, I would have still voted Paul had he dropped out.... What percent of McCain supporters would have stuck with him, had he dropped out?

The same percentage of ghouliani supporters I suppose. But this is all about unity...
remember that. The gop must be unified. Don't ask why, just unify. Hey.. I think I
just stumbled upon a great bumper sticker.

Waldo

nodope0695
05-06-2008, 09:42 PM
Huckabee is one thing...but who the hell is voting for Romney???? Morons every one of them...complete and total f-ing morons.

rancher89
05-06-2008, 09:54 PM
OMG what a great thread, you guys are awesome!

BJ rocks, to begin with:D

There is a concerted effort out there to urge huck voters to vote for huck instead of mccain--IF they can't find it in their hearts to put their protest vote for RP. That may explain the # of huck votes.

The Romney votes completely baffle me also--unless they saw the huck vote in PA and said, self, this seems like a good idea....at any rate, they didn't vote mccain=victory....IMHO

Badger Paul
05-06-2008, 10:51 PM
Huckabee is going to be our main opposition for control of the party. Like RP, he commands the loyalty of a lot of people and they're voting for him with that same sense of loyalty.

Young Paleocon
05-06-2008, 10:58 PM
He supports the tax reform i.e., the fair tax, and has conservative values, but he still clamors for honor even in an undeclared preemptive war. Plus he basically wants a Christian state. Aside from the Christian state idea, I think we could ween them from the honor in an honorless war idea, so possibly a huckabee/Paul alliance to battle the neocons for the party. Highly wishful thinking but it could happen.

amy31416
05-07-2008, 07:11 AM
Two thoughts on this thread:

1. I wish it were WTFuckabee!!!???

2. BJ won! Woohoo!

rancher89
05-07-2008, 07:16 AM
Two thoughts on this thread:

1. I wish it were WTFuckabee!!!???

2. BJ won! Woohoo!

+1776

123tim
05-07-2008, 07:46 AM
What is up with people voting for huckabee...???

I had been saying that a lot of people are voting for Huckabee because they still think that he's running. I changed my mind after Indiana.

Mike Huckabee supporters aren't voting in stupidity. They aren't throwing away their vote.

Mike Huckabee supporters are voting to show John McCain their numbers. They're voting to get Huckabee selected for the VP slot. I'm sure that this is what is actually happening.

People voting for Romney are probably doing the same thing.

What I'm saying is sort of redundant - I started another post about this.

Aratus
05-07-2008, 09:36 AM
no folks vote for huckabee because they like huckabee...
just as folks vote for nader because they like nader...
and folks vote for bob barr because folks like bob barr...

mars79t
05-08-2008, 01:16 PM

In any case, there are still local elections to vote for that draw some people out.

so will you vote for Ron Paul even if he is not on the final ballot? I will be writting him in.

luke-gr
05-08-2008, 02:05 PM
so will you vote for Ron Paul even if he is not on the final ballot? I will be writting him in.

Im curious to see who Ron Paul endorses, if anyone (assuming it is not himself:D).

sophocles07
05-08-2008, 11:19 PM
Mike Huckabee supporters are voting to show John McCain their numbers. They're voting to get Huckabee selected for the VP slot. I'm sure that this is what is actually happening.

This was my assumption.

It's not that they're "dedicated"--they're voting for a complete fucking hack; it's that they want him to be VP.

dustup
05-09-2008, 12:22 AM
so will you vote for Ron Paul even if he is not on the final ballot? I will be writting him in. I don't know about the election laws where you live, I live in North Carolina and here is the law.

"I present to you North Carolina General Statute 163-123, paragraph (e):

Defeated Primary Candidate. ? No person whose name appeared on the ballot in a primary election preliminary to the general election shall be eligible to have votes counted for him as a write?in candidate for the same office in that year.

Since this paragraph does indeed apply to Ron Paul there is nothing to be gained by writing him in. Such a vote won't get past the octogenarian poll worker at your precinct. It will not get counted. Period.
it is the Law:
http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/EnactedLegislation/Statutes/HTML/BySection/Chapter_163/GS_163-123.html

If you live in North Carolina..........
cast a protest vote that will be counted, Chuck Baldwin, presidential candidate for the Constitution Party or Bob Barr for the Libertarian party.

jsgolfman
05-09-2008, 05:57 AM
Similarly, if I am not mistaken, if a candidate ran in the primary as a candidate for one party he cannot run as the candidate for another party, i.e. third party in the general election. Not sure if this applies everywhere, but I am fairly certain that it applies in certain states.

bergstrom
05-16-2008, 08:50 AM

My vote in November will depend on what November brings with it. I will not vote for Paul just to vote for Paul. I will make my decision based on who is running first. If there is a candidate I like (3rd parties?) I will probably vote for them first.

RP4US
06-03-2008, 11:22 PM
I don't see how Huckabee could have still been on the ballet when he officially dropped out of the race a long time ago. How was this allowed??? They were just trying to take away vote from RP. This angers me.

I had been saying that a lot of people are voting for Huckabee because they still think that he's running. I changed my mind after Indiana.

Mike Huckabee supporters aren't voting in stupidity. They aren't throwing away their vote.

People voting for Romney are probably doing the same thing.

What I'm saying is sort of redundant - I started another post about this.

jsgolfman
06-05-2008, 08:33 AM
Ballot access was gained some time ago for all the candidates so regardless of whether they drop out or not, they still show.