PDA

View Full Version : Why the Next President Needs a Powerful Science Advisor

yongrel
05-06-2008, 03:50 PM
Why the Next President Needs a Powerful Science Advisor
The next U.S. president needs to elevate the role of the White House science adviser
http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=taking-heed-sciam-perspective&ec=su_adv

Zippyjuan
05-06-2008, 03:57 PM
It would be Constitutional.

To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts

Bush was the un-scientific president. He never let science get in the way of a good arguement.

ARealConservative
05-06-2008, 04:24 PM
It would be Constitutional.

Bush was the un-scientific president. He never let science get in the way of a good arguement.

To promote the progress of science and useful arts, by securing for limited times to authors and inventors the exclusive right to their respective writings and discoveries;

a president can have all the advisors he wants, so long as the advice comes out of his paycheck and not mine.

I find your taking only the first portion of the text to be distasteful. This is the mentality that got us into trouble in the first place.

yongrel
05-06-2008, 04:38 PM
a president can have all the advisors he wants, so long as the advice comes out of his paycheck and not mine..

A qualified and able science advisor is one thing I wouldn't mind paying for.

ARealConservative
05-06-2008, 04:40 PM
A qualified and able science advisor is one thing I wouldn't mind paying for.

who's stopping you?

US Treasury
1500 Pennsylvania Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20220

Kraig
05-06-2008, 05:24 PM
That article seemed to be just a big crying fest about the times the science advisors weren't taken seriously. They would have done a much better job to point out the times the science advisors were taken seriously (which they did) and because of their advice society somehow benefited (which they didn't).

...and as the real conservative in this thread pointed out, the quote from the constitution says everything about protecting the rights of individuals who want to pursue science and art, and nothing about a tax funded position, let alone a position of power - which is what they are asking for.

qaxn
05-07-2008, 12:48 AM
Good thing internet poster extraordinaire Kraig is here to inform us all that science advisors to the President of the United States of America, from Vannevar Bush to John Marburger, have done nothing of any effect on society in that role.

SeanEdwards
05-07-2008, 01:40 AM
Why the Next President Needs a Powerful Science Advisor
The next U.S. president needs to elevate the role of the White House science adviser
http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=taking-heed-sciam-perspective&ec=su_adv

I nominate Theocrat.

:p

amy31416
05-07-2008, 07:00 AM
I nominate Theocrat.

Haha!

That's some high quality comedy you got goin' there. :)

orafi
05-07-2008, 07:08 AM
Maybe that science adviser can grow them some brains that actually tick.

MS0453
05-07-2008, 07:17 AM
who's stopping you?

US Treasury
1500 Pennsylvania Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20220

Haha, that's awesome. I have to remember that for sometime.

Theocrat
05-07-2008, 08:53 AM
I nominate Theocrat.

Yes, yes. I accept the nomination, and if I'm appointed as White House Science Advisor, my first act will be to get the President to sign an Executive Order, freeing all of the evolutionists from their academic and scientific duties and returning them to the wild to be with their native relatives, the apes... ;)