PDA

View Full Version : Hillary as "Ron Paul II"?

jmdrake
05-06-2008, 01:23 PM
I can't believe anybody would write something so stupid.

h ttp://blogs. independent.co.uk/the_campaign_trailers/2008/05/hillary-as-ron.html?cid=113558538#comment-113558538

CapitalistRadical
05-06-2008, 01:44 PM
Here (http://blogs.independent.co.uk/the_campaign_trailers/2008/05/hillary-as-ron.html)is the link, clickable.

acptulsa
05-06-2008, 01:49 PM
BRAVO to this guy!

"It's rather funny how the "Post a comment" sections of articles about Ron Paul are so much more thoughtful and relevant than what the supposed journalist are writing.

"Maybe there is hope after all."

Posted by: James Orleans | 06 May 2008 at 08:21 PM

jmdrake
05-06-2008, 01:50 PM
Here is the link, clickable.

I broke the link on purpose. Posting unbroken links on forums like this helps stupid articles rise to the top of the Google search engine. Sometimes I think bloggers say crap about Ron Paul because they know we will help them about by accidentally "google bombing" them.

Here's the text of the article so it can be read without clicking.

Hillary as Ron Paul II

Ronpaul060508By Leonard Doyle

Hillary's populism seems to know no bounds and like Ron Paul her appeal to disappointed and fearful Americans is increasing. Ron Paul is still in the race but going nowhere but Hillary is increasingly flying the populist flag for him. Ron Paul's libertarian message has a strange appeal for Americans; driving across North Carolina and Pennsylvania over the past few weeks it is Ron Paul flags and banners you see everywhere rather than Obama or Hillary signs. Yesterday he held a "Freedom Rally" at an Indiana university campus and his book: "The Revolution: A Manifesto" began at No. 1 on Amazon.com's "Hot New Releases in Books."

Hillary is tapping into the same vein of populism, where emotion trumps rational argument every time. She tells us she is going to smash OPEC, something every US President since Carter has failed to accomplish. She is going to obliterate Iran if it attacks Israel. She has even made a unilateral offer of a nuclear shield to protect Saudi Arabia (which provided so many of the September 11 hijackers) and finally she has attacked economists (all of them) who fundamentally disagree with her petrol tax holiday plan: “I’m not going to put in my lot with economists,” or “elite opinion" as she calls it.

And the populist touch is working like a dream. All across North Carolina and Indiana, what the elites derisively call LMCs (lower middle class) voters have flocked to Hillary and Bill. These are the truck drivers who cannot afford to fill their tanks, the underpaid teachers, the salespeople who cannot shift their products in a recession and the hurting franchise owners of strip mall America. They are also mostly white.
As the New York Times puts it today: "Somehow, a woman who has not regularly filled her own gasoline tank in well over a decade, who with her husband made $109 million in the last eight years and who vacations with Oscar de la Renta, has transformed herself into a working-class hero."
All this from a multimillionaire who grew up in a rich Chicago suburb, went to private schools and has spent the last 25 years inside a secret service protected bubble. Hillary does not need to fill her own tank with petrol but she sure knows how to ham it up for her "just folks" audiences by narrowly focusing in their concerns.

And some choice comments:

Ludicrous. The Clinton and Paul camps have no overlap whatsoever. Doyle is an embarrassment to your reporting team.

Posted by: Charles Hope | 06 May 2008 at 08:48 PM

Memo to the Independent:

Provide your journalists with access to a dictionary. "populist" doesn't mean what he apparently thinks it means.

Posted by: Frank N Stein | 06 May 2008 at 08:42 PM

Wow, I guess everyone has pretty much summed it up for me. About the only thing I can add is Leonard needs to watch America Freedom to Fascism, Fiat Empire and Votergate. Probably wouldn't hurt to check out Zeitgeist too. When your done with this little education I predict you will be embarrassed with your current level of knowledge of the world around you. Cheers.

Posted by: Jack D. | 06 May 2008 at 08:36 PM

My goodness! What a stupid liar you are! Ron Paul's polices have NOTHING to do with attacking Iran or "smashing OPEC" or any other big government nonsense you are trying to pass off as "libertarian"!

Posted by: Tell the truth! | 06 May 2008 at 08:21 PM

It's rather funny how the "Post a comment" sections of articles about Ron Paul are so much more thoughtful and relevant than what the supposed journalist are writing.

Maybe there is hope after all.

Posted by: James Orleans | 06 May 2008 at 08:21 PM

I have read a lot of nonsense this cycle about Ron Paul, but this takes the cake. There is ZERO is common between Hillary and Ron Paul. If anything, Ron Paul is the anti-Hillary - anti-tax, anti-bigger-government, anti-nanny-state, anti-spending.

Honestly, Mr. Doyle, your complete incomprehension of such basic differences in political philosophy is breathtaking.

Posted by: Speaker73 | 06 May 2008 at 08:19 PM

Momma always said, "Stupid is as stupid does". -- Forrest Gump

Posted by: Eloy Gonzalez II | 06 May 2008 at 07:26 PM

Wow! I can't believe what I just read. Please do yourself a favor Mr. Leonard Doyle and stop covering the 2008 Presidential campaign because you clearly have no understanding of what is actually going on and what Ron Paul's message is all about.

Posted by: Ron Burgandy | 06 May 2008 at 07:02 PM

Uhh, Why is anyone surprised that someone who is touting Hillary has no Idea what Ron Paul stands for. I know this guy isn't in the US, but he sure belongs here. He is a perfect fit for our mostly asleep population.

On a positive note. I really think America is in the stage, right after you get woken up from a deep sleep. The lights are on but it takes a little while before you actually start processing things. Ron Paul and the Revolution is your mom waking you up when your going to be late for school. Our current Government and power structure is the nightmare you have been having all night long. America is waking up, and when it fully comes to, I would not want to be the target of its anger.

Posted by: Matt | 06 May 2008 at 07:00 PM

www.TrueWorldHistory.info

Posted by: TrueWorldHistory.info | 06 May 2008 at 06:59 PM

And they told me British are quite intelligent?
Not in this case...

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Bless you Dr. Paul for educating us about Freedom, Prosperity and Peace.

In my eyes, you've ALREADY WON!

Regards,

John M. Drake

Aratus
05-06-2008, 05:34 PM
hillary also was sounding like hubert humphrey when she didn't echo either FDR or
william jennings bryan. mccain sounds like as if an eisenhower speechwriter is handing him
prose. why is it that appealing to a traditional great plains populism or the traditional
new deal democratic party base is such a tacky and negative thing? we have bill clinton
being rural and almost lyndon baines johnson tactful in north carolina. yee gods!!!

Aratus
05-06-2008, 05:36 PM
the only thing ms. hillary and ron paul have in common is that both pray nightly
the frontrunner will say something both incrediably revealing and stupid!!!

NH4RonPaul
05-06-2008, 05:45 PM
hillary also was sounding like hubert humphrey when she didn't echo either FDR or
william jennings bryan. mccain sounds like as if an eisenhower speechwriter is handing him
prose. why is it that appealing to a traditional great plains populism or the traditional
new deal democratic party base is such a tacky and negative thing? we have bill clinton
being rural and almost lyndon baines johnson tactful in north carolina. yee gods!!!

Anyone with the Clinton name is bound to be a chameleon.
Read = LIAR

bander87
05-10-2008, 11:55 AM
I don't get it, are they trying to compare hillary to ron paul in terms of getting support?

THERE WILL BE NO OTHER GRASSROOTS BETTER THAN PAUL'S.

Aratus
06-02-2008, 10:39 AM
does hillary even dare drag the contest out til this september, almost? she has her eyes on 2012...

Mini-Me
06-02-2008, 11:36 AM
Hey, at least Ron Paul is mentioned in a relatively neutral light, whereas Hillary in particular is attacked for using emotional appeals that fly in the face of logic. ;)

Andrew-Austin
06-02-2008, 03:40 PM
That guy was dipped in batter and fried alive, looking at the comments.

Aratus
06-03-2008, 10:59 AM
a short fleeting typical msn link --- http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24944453 hillary once again
has encountered the yogi berra quip situation... namely when one is at a fork in the road, take it! this is as
http://www.startribune.com/politics/national/president/19476319.html?location_refer=Most%20Viewed:Preside nt teddy kennedy came out of surgery o.k! i thought i'd
place all the democrtatic party chitchat together...in a topical manner. GOTO barry goldwater jr. and what he just said!