PDA

View Full Version : Romney now parroting Paul

Johnnybags
08-22-2007, 05:44 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070822/ap_po/romney_ap_interview

Wow, the good DR is changing the debate. Next Romney will call for no empire building and FED abolishment!! What a flipflopping charlatan!!!!!!

Marshall
08-22-2007, 05:50 PM
Guess they uploaded new firmware into the RomBot.

Cowlesy
08-22-2007, 06:10 PM
SERIOUSLY. They are ALL IMMITATING PAUL's positions. This actually makes me furious as I casually pick on this ALL THE TIME.

It's a good strategy for them. Those commies will get themselves elected and waffle along, COMPLETELY IGNORING the Paul positions they took up.

I HATE it when they do this.

ZandarKoad
08-22-2007, 06:10 PM
We'll see how many Ron Paul supporters this pulls away...

"What? Romney is just like Ron Paul but younger? I'll vote for him!"

Sorry MSM, that's what we don't like about you. You're just... you.

Cowlesy
08-22-2007, 06:12 PM
What the fuck does Romney even know about States Rights? Clearly all the people that moved from Massachusetts to New Hampshire applauded Romney's championing of States Rights.

GRRRRR

bbachtung
08-22-2007, 06:12 PM
SERIOUSLY. They are ALL IMMITATING PAUL's positions. This actually makes me furious as I casually pick on this ALL THE TIME.

It's a good strategy for them. Those commies will get themselves elected and waffle along, COMPLETELY IGNORING the Paul positions they took up.

I HATE it when they do this.

They won't succeed because they don't really believe what they're saying and people can tell (eventually), especially when they see them on stage with RP (next on September 5th).

njandrewg
08-22-2007, 06:13 PM
We'll see how many Ron Paul supporters this pulls away...

"What? Romney is just like Ron Paul but younger? I'll vote for him!"

Sorry MSM, that's what we don't like about you. You're just... you.
the goal here is to take away Ron Paul's message.

Example: you don't know Ron Paul...you hear Romney talk about this...OOH GREAT...then you hear Ron Paul talk about it...Ron Who? Why should I check him out when this front runner is talking about it too?

ChristopherJ
08-22-2007, 06:18 PM
You know what worries me about all this is they realize they've already lost many people who have already done their homework and are supporting RP. They can see how wildly popular RP has become with his supporters and are starting to parrot many of his positions/ideas. They are banking on the fact that most late comers won't research it any further and say "hey that sounds pretty good". I'm afraid that may be the case for most people. If we have to depend on the media to call them on this we might be waiting a long time.

otoh we have something the others won't be able to generate (at least in the near future) which is genuine and vocal support. It is now more important than ever to turn out in huge numbers and support RP where ever he goes (not that this should be a problem). Hopefully this will make people curious enough to do a little research for themselves. We can also hope that the "top tier" will beat each other up on what is not their real position on the issues. I haven't seen any evidence RP will do this for himself.

LastoftheMohicans
08-22-2007, 06:21 PM
My one fear is that people are going to think that RP is copying them because the first time they hear one of RP's position's, it is going to be out of their mouths. OTOH, they can only copy him so far. None of them is going to call for a reduction of the federal budget by 1/3 in order to abolish the income tax. None of them is going to call for bringing all of our troops home. None of them is going to call for a commodity based monetary system.

dude58677
08-22-2007, 06:25 PM
We should send emails to Tucker Carlson, Pat Buchanan, Judge Napolitano, and Joe Scarborough to call out these politicians for parroting.

1000-points-of-fright
08-22-2007, 06:30 PM
My favorite line in the whole piece:

GOP presidential hopeful Mitt Romney took a strong states' rights stance Wednesday

That should be the whole article.

Ron Paul Fan
08-22-2007, 06:31 PM
Romney has almost achieved a reverse flip flop. He went from wanting to abolish the Department of Education when he ran for Senate in 1994 to saying he supported No Child Left Behind earlier this year to now taking a wishy washy approach saying he supports it, but he wants the states to be more involved.

http://www.issues2000.org/2008/Mitt_Romney_Education.htm

I agree that they can only copy him to a certain extent. These guys will get more exposed as we get closer to the primaries. People will realize sooner or later that Romney is just saying what he needs to say to get the nomination. He doesn't mean anything that he says and doesn't have the consistent record that Ron Paul does to back up his positions.

kickzman
08-22-2007, 06:33 PM
Yup, its just like Ron said a couple of months ago when the debate was so one sided about Iraq. Now his positon is changing the debate, and by the time this fall comes they will take his stances so that he doesn't stand out so much anymore...We had Huckabee already saying Ron Paul reminded of "himself". And now Romney joins the Ron Party...Now Ron has got to up the ante in the debates and make his anti-war stance LOUD and CLEAR...Let the flip-flopping begin....:D

dude58677
08-22-2007, 06:37 PM
Ron Paul at least can say"I'm the only one hre who voted agianst the war". He can also say "I am not in the pension program".

ChristopherJ
08-22-2007, 06:37 PM
People will realize sooner or later that Romney is just saying what he needs to say to get the nomination.

I think you give "most" people to much credit.

It reminds me of that commercial they run all the time on MSNBC for Ditech...

"People are smart"

Everytime I see it I think to myself ummm no they aren't :p

dsentell
08-22-2007, 06:53 PM
Somebody help me...

A few days ago I ran across a quote, I think it was by someone who had worked with Romney before. It started out, "he is as phoney as a three dollar bill"... went on to say he would say anything necessary to get votes.

I would really like that quote and the reference....

TheConstitutionLives
08-22-2007, 07:00 PM
flippity floppoty flippity floppoty

Romney is fake trash.

If I want someone plastic in the White House I'll promote the Ken doll.

Nihilist23
08-22-2007, 07:22 PM
Guess they uploaded new firmware into the RomBot.

Lulz, I believe it.

thehittgirl
08-22-2007, 07:30 PM
I think you give "most" people to much credit.

It reminds me of that commercial they run all the time on MSNBC for Ditech...

"People are smart"

Everytime I see it I think to myself ummm no they aren't :p

I agree. Sometimes I feel so alone because no one I know even watches the debates. It's really sad.

People also have a very short attention span too.

trispear
08-22-2007, 07:44 PM
The one thing they can't copy is his history and consistency.

If people ask you about the "1st tier candidates", tell them they are the Republican's John Kerrys - flipflopping all the way to the primaries.

bomybomy
08-22-2007, 08:49 PM
Somebody help me...

A few days ago I ran across a quote, I think it was by someone who had worked with Romney before. It started out, "he is as phoney as a three dollar bill"... went on to say he would say anything necessary to get votes.

I would really like that quote and the reference....

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=57208

Jennifer Reynolds
08-22-2007, 08:55 PM
///

dsentell
08-22-2007, 09:06 PM

Fabulous!! Thank you so much!!

dsentell
08-22-2007, 09:09 PM
Speaking about Romney:

"But I'll keep sounding the alarm, just like John MacMillan, Republican town committee chairman in Billerica, Mass., who supported Romney when he first ran for office as the state's governor in 2003.

"He's as phony as a three-dollar bill," said MacMillan. "When I started to look at his positions – gun control, pro-gay – I found out that he's just as bad as (Teddy) Kennedy. I've been a Republican all my life, and leopards don't change their spots. He'll change his position, say anything, to get votes."

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=57208

Paul4Prez
08-22-2007, 10:55 PM
This article reads pretty much like a Romney press release --- why does it make the front page of Yahoo?

If Yahoo does a major story every time Romney flip-flops on an issue, they won't have room for any other stories.

On Mitt's campaign website, he doesn't have issues statements -- just a bunch of quotes called "Issue Watch".... They must have a full-time paid staffer updating it on a daily basis....

LizF
08-22-2007, 11:28 PM
I also found this ABC article (via Drudge):

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=3511448&page=1

LizF
08-22-2007, 11:30 PM

So just who does Joseph Farrah want to see win the Republican nomination? He was critical of RP some time ago, and is (this time, reasonably) critical of Romney. Makes me wonder...

Harry96
08-23-2007, 01:56 AM
It excites me whenever someone tries to steal RP's message, because it shows they know how much of a threat RP is.

trispear
08-23-2007, 04:04 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Farah