PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul has at least one vote in NC

Penners
05-06-2008, 08:41 AM
I just got back from proudly voting for "our man". Smiled all the way home and called and reminded a neighbor to go vote for Dr. Paul! Also saw another supporter at the voting place.

GO RON!!! Let's show them that McCain can kiss our "out of touch with Republicans" butt in NC!

:):):)

speciallyblend
05-06-2008, 08:44 AM
i hope you guys get over 10% or higher;) good luck . I use to live in NC,but now Colorado. Great place to visit,but i perfer colorado now;) GOOD LUCK and thanks:)

georgiaboy
05-06-2008, 08:52 AM
Georgia's rootin' for ya! Go NC!

rancher89
05-06-2008, 09:36 AM
I can undeniably confirm that he received 2 more votes..:)..but it wasn't pretty at the polls. :( Very strong dem presence at the "shove lit in your face gauntlet" at the front door. These people were touting local races, one of which will be running against a RP candidate for the house in my district.

little ole' me, all by my lonesome, shoot even the Hillary and Obama folks went to other voting places so few people were showing up......The other girls kindof felt sorry for me, I kept getting "averted eyes" and "shuffleing away" reactions to my "You have another choice" pitch... LOL they even picked up a slim jim and looked at a few points, I have to admit, they liked the "no IRS" and "no taxes on tips" talking points, but not enough. My district/precinct is HEAVILY dem-

sluggo
05-06-2008, 09:41 AM
Add another vote to the list. ;)

From what I could tell, Obamination had a large turnout in my area. :(

rancher89
05-06-2008, 09:55 AM
I almost assumed and posted all the votes from our meetup, but thought better of it LOLOL,

Go penners!

I know voting for RP felt great!

HenryKnoxFineBooks
05-06-2008, 10:29 AM
My wife and I voted this morning. I only saw RP signs at the polling place and on the way there (not that that is any indicator, except for the apathy of McCain supporters).

Verad
05-06-2008, 10:37 AM
I voted early. (:

hopeforamerica
05-06-2008, 10:52 AM
My wife and I voted this morning. I only saw RP signs at the polling place and on the way there (not that that is any indicator, except for the apathy of McCain supporters).

In AZ we only had Ron Paul signs and Obama signs. Guess who won? McCain and Hillary. I hope you guys get well over 15% today! It would be awesome.

sunshine05
05-06-2008, 11:24 AM
And two more votes for him in NC today, me and my husband. It felt great to finally vote for him!

CopperheadNC
05-06-2008, 11:25 AM
Heading out to vote in about a half hour.

What pisses me off the most is that there is an initiative on this ballot to raise our county sales tax. Considering that most people who would be inclined to vote against a tax increase are most likely staying home today (seeing as they think McCain is the only option for Republicans thanks to the state GOP, and that most people mistakenly ignore local candidates), I have a strong feeling that this tax increase will pass.

In other news, our LP lawsuit against the state regarding ballot access appears to be going well!

Eric21ND
05-06-2008, 11:29 AM
How is BJ Lawson doing?

Jordan
05-06-2008, 02:38 PM
Voted for RP in Indiana. It felt great.

CopperheadNC
05-06-2008, 02:57 PM
He got two more votes - although one was provisional. For some reason, when my wife registered back in January, they sent in her name but not her address. So the state of NC has her registered to vote, but with no address and therefore no polling place.

Does this mean I can legally kick her out of the house?

Feelgood
05-06-2008, 03:59 PM
My God, if he can just break 20% today, that will be phenomenal. Will start to be harder for them to ignore him. :D

JMann
05-06-2008, 04:09 PM
My God, if he can just break 20% today, that will be phenomenal. Will start to be harder for them to ignore him. :D

That will be difficult because Huck and Keyes are on the ballot along with none of the above.

Penners
05-06-2008, 04:09 PM
Can confirm one more for Ron... neighbor just reported his vote! And I think I can confirm one more. Yeee hawww

wgadget
05-06-2008, 04:13 PM
That will be difficult because Huck and Keyes are on the ballot along with none of the above.

NONE OF THE ABOVE????

Kenso
05-06-2008, 04:19 PM
NONE OF THE ABOVE????

One of the choices in NC is "No preference".

Another vote for RP here, along with 3 coworkers.

Bossobass
05-06-2008, 04:22 PM
Add 5 more. Me, wifey, 2 sons and good friend across the street (who switched from Dem while holding his nose just so he could vote for RP).

We got our RP signs up early at our polling place. No McCain signage anywhere to be found at that point.

Bosso

Penners
05-06-2008, 04:53 PM
Another neighbor on the way to polls right now to vote for RP !!!

freedom-maniac
05-06-2008, 04:54 PM
LOL they even picked up a slim jim and looked at a few points, I have to admit, they liked the "no IRS" and "no taxes on tips" talking points, but not enough. My district/precinct is HEAVILY dem-

I'm not sure about abolishing the IRS, but Dems would really like gettting rid of taxes on tips. Contrary to what the majority of these forums believe, Dems are pro-middle class. They only like taxes on the rich people.

NCGOPer_for_Paul
05-06-2008, 05:07 PM
Wife and I voted early.

Convinced 4 Huckabee/Keyes voters to vote Paul.

2 others voted Paul--no idea who they were, just showed up at the poll.

BuddyRey
05-06-2008, 05:20 PM
My family and I set up a little table at our polling place (Next Level Church in Union County), and we got some GREAT feedback! Smiles, waves, and only a few geriatric McCainiac scowls.

Two people even dropped by to lend moral support and take some campaign info, though one of them, a very young girl who registered Dem before she found out about Ron Paul, couldn't actually vote for him.

Today was a total triumph, at least in my neck of the woods!!!

AlbemarleNC0003
05-06-2008, 05:36 PM
Make that 3 more. Me, and two of my neighbors have yard signs and voted.

pacelli
05-06-2008, 05:47 PM
another confirmed RP vote here in NC, and during my canvassing roused another 32 over the past several months. I will say that in canvassing ALOT of republicans were devout on McCain, "but he was a POW so he should be president" and, "it's McCain's time" were the primary arguments. I was also amazed at the huge number of people that were on the republican lists supplied by the campaign, but actually changed to democrat in the interim. Of course that didn't stop me from blasting 600 cars this morning with slim jims at park & rides.

cayton
05-06-2008, 06:13 PM
I voted for him the first day of early voting. Felt good.

JosephTheLibertarian
05-06-2008, 06:19 PM
I can undeniably confirm that he received 2 more votes..:)..but it wasn't pretty at the polls. :( Very strong dem presence at the "shove lit in your face gauntlet" at the front door. These people were touting local races, one of which will be running against a RP candidate for the house in my district.

little ole' me, all by my lonesome, shoot even the Hillary and Obama folks went to other voting places so few people were showing up......The other girls kindof felt sorry for me, I kept getting "averted eyes" and "shuffleing away" reactions to my "You have another choice" pitch... LOL they even picked up a slim jim and looked at a few points, I have to admit, they liked the "no IRS" and "no taxes on tips" talking points, but not enough. My district/precinct is HEAVILY dem-

That's because they're commies

Ibgamer
05-06-2008, 06:21 PM
Wow sounds great guys, good job!

Highland
05-06-2008, 06:32 PM
Me and my husband voted today for Dr. Paul and Jimmy Goodman...only two Ron Paulers on the ballot!

http://www.jimmygoodman.net/