PDA

View Full Version : CBS columnist using Colts WR handgun in diatribe

XNavyNuke
05-06-2008, 08:31 AM
Regardless of outcome, Harrison has already misfired (http://www.sportsline.com/columns/story/10813814)

"In November (2005) the Homeland Security Department issued an 'Officer Safety Alert' regarding the (BFN 5.7) with the headline 'body armor defeating handgun,'" reported the Associated Press. "The alert said the Trumbull, Conn., police department had seized such a pistol and noted that its bullets were 'advertised as being able to penetrate 48 layers of Kevlar at 50 meters.'"

He must get his research from the Brady bunch.

To remind: the PD Weapons are mainly used by drivers, staff personnel, artillery crew, and other second line soldiers ..."

Artillery crew? Apparently Harrison was preparing to do battle with a Romulan warbird.

I suppose he would have been happier if Harrison owned a 1911 and had it loaded with ball ammunition. :rolleyes:

XNN

madengr
05-06-2008, 09:11 PM
The reporter is an idiot. The SS190 ammo is not available to us serfs. The SS190 penetrating a class III vest is fired from a PS90 carbine (incorrectly refereed to as a P-90), not the Five SeVen pistol.

I have the pistol and have shot point-blank at an old vest with SS196. Guess what? No penetration. Most any rifle will penetrate a kevlar vest. My guess is a .17 HMR will do it too but I have not tried it.

forsmant
05-06-2008, 09:13 PM
What the heck happen. Marvin is my hero. I would have never thought he would be involved in any sort of crime other than pint shaving. Joke. Does any one have a link to the whole story?