PDA

View Full Version : Sending Books to Congress/Senate

maiki
05-06-2008, 03:24 AM
How many "The Revolution..." books would you buy/mail to a congressman/woman or senator?

Want to see if we have enough people in the forums alone to do this.

maiki
05-06-2008, 03:30 AM
Also, if there are enough people here to do this, all we would need to do is set up a wiki page, and have people edit it to claim congresspeople or to confirm delivery/shipment. A website can still be erected for promotional purposes/media, but this might be faster for actually buying books.

Conza88
05-06-2008, 03:37 AM
I think the best way to do it is split it up into states.
The local meetups purchase it, and give it to their local congressmen / senate representative.
Like, go and HAND it too them, or see them in office.

"Go I'd like to give you a gift, its a book.. you could probably read it in several hours. Will you promise to read it?" - sure etc.. then hand it over..

Thats the way I envisage it going down anyway.. the chances that they'll accept it is rather slim, and cognitive dissonance will be SUPREME... but a few may find it harder to push out the reality and not think... just like in Atlas Shrugged...

These guys are the pillagers...

maiki
05-06-2008, 04:30 AM
I think if someone wants to hand deliver a copy, great. If someone wants to mail it, great. If someone wants to buy in bulk with their meetup, great. We don't all need to do the same thing.

Here is a wiki page, although we might want to wait to see what sort of support the plan has in general before claiming things.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1438887#post1438887

Conza88
05-06-2008, 04:46 AM
Question:

What about sending it too ALL the delegates instead?! :o
I think there is better use of doing that, than say Congressmen!

John of Des Moines
05-06-2008, 06:01 AM
I'd send one book about how the CFR is a plague upon this country. But considering about half of them are CFR members the and other half are functionally illiterate I'd be wasting my money.

robert4rp08
05-06-2008, 06:16 AM
zero. not wasting my money on that scum. they've ignored him for years. what makes you think they're going to read his book?