PDA

View Full Version : National Grassroots Convention - Sun, July 13 DC Area.

tangent4ronpaul
05-06-2008, 02:00 AM
National Grassroots Convention - Sun, July 13 DC Area.

On July 12th thousands of members of the Ron Paul Grassroots will gather from around the country in Washington DC for the March. It will be the largest gathering of grassroots supporters in the campaigns history. A once in a lifetime opportunity.

We want to make that a 2 day affair by having a convention on the 13th. Conventions are different from rallies. Both have speakers, but conventions have lectures, workshops and seminars. Less Rah, Rah - more how to.

Lets tailgate the rally with a convention! People will be spending hundreds of dollars to get here - lets make it really worth their while.

The biggest challenges will be finding a venue with just over 2 months notice and pulling it together in that time.

Who wants to help make this happen? We need to work fast!

Please join The Ron Paul Grassroots Convention
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/1887/

Thanks,

Nathan
RPGrassrootsConvention@gmail.com

idiom
05-06-2008, 02:27 AM
Good idea.

Jeremy
05-06-2008, 03:43 AM
Is that a Sunday though?

Conza88
05-06-2008, 04:05 AM
Ftw. Canvassing workshops etc..
from those who've done it..

Liberty Sells Itself[1/3] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr3yEvGOAi8)

tangent4ronpaul
05-06-2008, 06:18 AM
Ftw. Canvassing workshops etc..
from those who've done it..

Liberty Sells Itself[1/3] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr3yEvGOAi8)

Oh - not only canvasing! - I think we can get workshops going on all the different ways to make banner stencils, how to run for public office, building a PBX/Robo-dialer, general grass roots campaigning, writing effective LTE's and cultivating reporters to cover our stories/issues, maybe have banner and button making parties for upcoming states (who is after July 13th?) - a couple, I believe..., training on campaign management software - like Advokit, roll playing, advanced search techniques to harvest information, street medicine (for demonstrations), Roberts rules of order and stuff like that. Anita Andrews training was a good 4+ hours. Run a real grassroots organizers school with different tracks.

Lets run a school for the grassroots. with 1 - 1.5 hr classes during the day and more or less a party / work party in the evening with inspirational speeches/ music / BBQ or all you can eat buffet.

Yeah - If we can pull this off it will totally ROCK!

I sent a query to Dr. Paul earlier to see if he would be available, I will be sending a query to Congressional candidates and former candidates about speaking engagements and if they could do a seminar on running for public office.

Following up on other leads. We need lots of people and skills if this is going to happen.

As a fall back, maybe we could get another permit for the park in front of the capitol, set up some tents and extend contracts for porta-potties, etc... or maybe a national forest/campground. Really - I think our best shot is the facilities of a private collage. We are already looking into this but if a event promoter with experience and contacts wants to jump in - so much the better!

Remember, we are looking at as cheap as possible. A little fund raising and let people in for free.

that's about all for now,

-n

tangent4ronpaul
05-06-2008, 06:19 AM
Is that a Sunday though?

yes

-n

Conza88
05-06-2008, 06:35 AM
Oh - not only canvasing!

Yes, hence the etc. :p -> :D

But yea awesome job... EDUCATION is paramount.

tangent4ronpaul
05-06-2008, 07:21 AM
Yes, hence the etc. :p -> :D

But yea awesome job... EDUCATION is paramount.

so how about joining us and helping to make it happen?

small jobs, big jobs - tons of work to be done!

-n

dirknb@hotmail.com
05-06-2008, 07:31 AM
We will have to leave that morning to return to Texas, but I think it's a good idea.

Conza88
05-06-2008, 07:49 AM
so how about joining us and helping to make it happen?

small jobs, big jobs - tons of work to be done!

-n

Fark, I'm considering selling my kidney just to come.
We got any billionaires out there who wants to fund a rEVOLutionaries 12,000 mile trip? :confused: -> :(

tangent4ronpaul
05-06-2008, 07:51 AM
Fark, I'm considering selling my kidney just to come.
We got any billionaires out there who wants to fund a rEVOLutionaries 12,000 mile trip? :confused: -> :(

Where the heck are you???

could always stow away on a container ship or hire on as crew on a cruise ship...

-n

tangent4ronpaul
05-06-2008, 09:39 PM
blimp

Conza88
05-06-2008, 09:50 PM
Where the heck are you???

could always stow away on a container ship or hire on as crew on a cruise ship...

-n

Australia. God damnit I want to be there.:(

tangent4ronpaul
05-06-2008, 10:14 PM
AU, hu? - well, you can still hep with research and finding speakers.

it is kind of a long swim, though...

To others, we are up to 11 members of the group and could use more people. Please join if you want to help!

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/1887/

It looks like there will be some training on Thursday and lobbying of of representatives on Friday that March people are working on, so we're looking into working with them on extending classes and such.

thanks,

Nathan

nate895
05-06-2008, 10:17 PM
Put "selecting an heir to Ron Paul" on the agenda. We need to launch the '12 campaign December of this year.

pinkmandy
05-06-2008, 10:20 PM
Definitely look into surrounding areas. There are a lot of farms just outside the DC area, a lot of rural areas. We could have a Ronstock!

tangent4ronpaul
05-07-2008, 03:37 AM
Put "selecting an heir to Ron Paul" on the agenda. We need to launch the '12 campaign December of this year.

Good idea, though this is largely the realm of OperationCatHerder.com - launching the 2012 campaign - that is.

On a successor to Ron Paul - We're kind of hoping Dr. Paul will run again for 2012, and someone - I believe the campaign, has re-newed the domain name: RonPaul2012.com. It was purchased shortly after the exploratory committee was launched.

I doubt we will have an answer to that by the convention.

Robert and Rand Paul also want to get into politics, but Rand's kids are still a bit young so it will probably be a while before he goes for public office. We will need to get them both into the House or Senate for a few terms, before they will be viable for the presidency.

-n

tangent4ronpaul
05-07-2008, 03:44 AM
Definitely look into surrounding areas. There are a lot of farms just outside the DC area, a lot of rural areas. We could have a Ronstock!

That's a fantastic idea! I know we have organizers out here that have land and are letting people camp for the March. Maybe on Monday? I can make some inquiries...

One thing http://OperationCatHerder.com is going to do is update the list of all the bands that support Ron Paul, and contact them for the skills bank. The DVD for delegates project is also considering putting together a CD of Ron Paul songs to send free to radio stations - something we wanted to do last year, but didn't happen.

I found out that some of the March people are going to have a training on Thursday on lobbying your representatives followed by doing so on Friday. This could turn into a 5 day event!

thanks,

Nathan

wowabunga
05-07-2008, 07:34 AM
Isn't there a rally out in the Dakotas (near the 4th of July) that might be a better time frame to have a bbq and talk shop, meet and greet ? I'm confused as to why we are having 2 rallies in July... I'm behind on some bills now.

qwerty
05-07-2008, 07:44 AM
On July 12th thousands of members of the Ron Paul Grassroots will gather from around the country in Washington DC for the March. It will be the largest gathering of grassroots supporters in the campaigns history. A once in a lifetime opportunity.

Exactly, everyone must spread the word about it that we get as much boots on the ground as we can get!

tangent4ronpaul
05-07-2008, 09:05 AM
Isn't there a rally out in the Dakotas (near the 4th of July) that might be a better time frame to have a bbq and talk shop, meet and greet ? I'm confused as to why we are having 2 rallies in July... I'm behind on some bills now.

Linda Honeycut (Granny Warrior) is organizing that one to coincide with Sturgis. Expect to see the majority of the attendees wearing leather jackets and tattoos and riding harlies.

Some people are rather pissed at her for scheduling it so close to the DC march and think shes stepping on that event, though they don't overlap and a few people have said they will attend both.

She says it's for those that can't make it all the way out to DC.

From the responses I have seen, I expect the DC event will be much larger. It should dwarf any other RP event that has happened.

-n