PDA

View Full Version : 600 Square Feet of Ron Paul Bulletin Space (any help appreciated)

retrorepublican
08-22-2007, 05:18 PM
Here are two emails on what's going down. I know you probably won't get some of the location references, but you should get an idea of what we're planning to do.

Email 1:

"Hello everyone,

My parents own a rental property that backs up to the Freehold Borough Market Yard. Behind the house is an old carriage house which faces the Market Yard. It's about two car lengths wide and two stories tall (consider it a 3-car garage). Next door is my grandma's house and she has three smaller advertisement boards facing the parking lot. Anyway, this is an awesome and ideal place to put up several HUGE Ron Paul banners. I've asked my parents and they said it's fine to put something up.

I'm 16 years old, so I don't really have a budget. I was originally thinking about painting something on with a friend, but the borough doesn't really respect private property rights and would fine my parents. However, banners are alright since there were pretty big banner advertisements there before. A banner would look better too, and people would take it more seriously.

For those of you that haven't been to the borough (downtown Freehold), the Market Yard is its main parking lot and gets around 1,000 people a day. It is a center of business and people from all over Monmouth County park there. The Monmouth County Courthouse is nearby and there are municipal buildings whose main entrance is right on the Market Yard. The Freehold Borough Library even backs up to it. Federici's Pizza (which is always crowded) and a bunch of other well-known restaurants back up to it. Not to mention it is a parking area for the Monmouth County Republican Headquarters!

Kruise Night will be the last Thursday in August. Although I'd like to get the banners up as soon as possible, it would make sense to get them up by this date the latest. Basically, it's an antique car show that engulfs the entire town. On Kruise Night Freehold Borough is absolutely packed and so is the Market Yard. It would be great if we could do something on Kruise Night too, such as setting up a booth and putting pamphlets on the hundreds of cars that will be there (haha, not the antique ones of course). Who knows, Bruce Springsteen might even be there! It's not uncommon to see him there. In fact, Freehold Borough is his old stomping ground.

The carriage house and advertisement boards are all yours! All I ask for is your help in creating the banners and putting them up. If any of you (best to be as a group) would like to set up a meeting with me and my parents to see the space, take measurements, and see what needs to be done please reply to this email. 6:00 PM on weekdays is usually good.

Best wishes,
Julian H."

Email 2:

"The free space Julian is providing for Billboards are 12x32 & 3 more billboards equal @ 6x12 for a total of 4 Billboards in line. The message we put up could not only promote Paul, but actual inform people on his ideas. We would need to get together to decide what it would say. But formost we need to have the banners made. I will handle clearing the overgrowth and putting up the banners. But the cost will be around $2000 depending on what we do. I am not sure if anyone can beat that price. If they can than by all means do it. Remeber These signs can stay up untill he is elected 15 months from now. That is $133 per month for 600 sq' I have no clue where we can find a deal like that. The space will have a good amount of viewers and think it is well worth it.

I ask Julian to keep tract of who donates and how to track them down if he could. Being that he is personally invoved.

I am in for $100.

Jeff"

So far we only have $300 and several pledges from the local meetups. It is imperative that we get this up by August 30th, when Kruise Night takes place, and over a thousand people (and possibly Bruce Springsteen) swarm the town. Any donations would be very much appreciated.

Paypal: retro.republican@gmail.com

Yours in life and liberty,
Julian H.

jonahtrainer
08-22-2007, 05:22 PM
So far we only have $300 and several pledges from the local meetups. It is imperative that we get this up by August 30th, when Kruise Night takes place, and over a thousand people (and possibly Bruce Springsteen) swarm the town. Any donations would be very much appreciated.

Great idea! You can get some Tyvek (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyvek)fairly cheaply. It is commonly used to make the Ron Paul banners that plaster the towns. The $300 should be more than adequate.

mtmedlin
08-22-2007, 05:27 PM
You might also look at this.

http://www.echodgraphics.com/vibapr.html

very low prices.

Roxi
08-22-2007, 07:44 PM
good lord thats pretty much jackpot right there... tell your parents they are doing a great service to this country!

this should be a sticky

and it sound like u live in an awesome place.. .ill do what i can

krott5333
08-22-2007, 09:35 PM
just use this: http://www.ronpaulstamps.com/images/graphics/4/RP_official_logo.jpg

cac1963
08-22-2007, 09:40 PM
just use this: http://www.ronpaulstamps.com/images/graphics/4/RP_official_logo.jpg

I clicked that link and got an error message saying the image could not be displayed because it contained errors. I'm in Firefox, if that makes any difference.

Billy Baro7
08-22-2007, 11:56 PM
Log onto Ebay they have

Ron Paul 2' 5'' X 4' 6'' Revolution Banner by Onespiece

Just picked up a few for 10 bucks!!!!

Billy

njandrewg
08-22-2007, 11:59 PM
Cruise Night = Night...make sure to also get something to illuminate the banner...maybe even rig up some neons to catch attention

Jennifer Reynolds
08-23-2007, 03:06 AM
///y.

Eric21ND
08-23-2007, 04:13 AM
could you post a few pictures of the area?

Man from La Mancha
08-23-2007, 04:58 AM
Is there a Ron Paul meetup group near you, I'm sure they would love to put up a sign there.