PDA

View Full Version : Share with McCain supporters

Eric21ND
05-05-2008, 09:41 PM
If there ever was a picture worth a thousand words here it is...

http://msnbcmedia2.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/060330/060330_immigration_hlg_5p.hlarge.jpg

--Senators discuss the U.S. immigration reform measure co-sponsored by Sen. Edward Kennedy, D-Mass., right, and Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., second left, on Capitol Hill on Thursday. Sens. Barack Obama, D-Ill., left, and Joe Lieberman, D-Conn., flank McCain

dvdrink
05-05-2008, 09:49 PM
The truth is... all the candidates are weak this year.

Clinton will probably win, but will the GOP transform itself into a Ron Paul organization? You're fooling yourself if you actually believe this.

We need to channel our fundraising and all our efforts into a third party if we are going to have a lasting impact.

Even if Ron Paul only polls 10% nationally, it's still enough to move the other candidates in his direction.

josephadel_3
05-05-2008, 10:04 PM
Well, since Ron Paul is a man of his word, it is impossible for him to run as an independent or as a third party candidate. He has already stated a hundred times he has no plans to do so.

Kotin
05-05-2008, 10:05 PM

Clinton will probably win, but will the GOP transform itself into a Ron Paul organization? You're fooling yourself if you actually believe this.

We need to channel our fundraising and all our efforts into a third party if we are going to have a lasting impact.

Even if Ron Paul only polls 10% nationally, it's still enough to move the other candidates in his direction.

yeah tell that to the Libertarian Party and the Constitution Party :rolleyes:

do we really want 3 useless parties, or do we want the real republicans to take back their party?

once we have made significant progress, and we will, the remaining republicans who arent completely neo-conned will join us.

sorry but we tried 3rd party. does not work.

DrCap
05-05-2008, 10:07 PM
Well, since Ron Paul is a man of his word, it is impossible for him to run as an independent or as a third party candidate. He has already stated a hundred times he has no plans to do so.

He has 'no plans to do so' is not the same as 'no I will not run third party.'
Perhaps wishful thinking, but as far as I could tell, there is no media clip of RP saying he won't, just that he hasn't been planning to do so.

dvdrink
05-05-2008, 10:13 PM
the grassroots would be fired up 1000% if he went third party... can you imagine from here until November how tirelessly we'd all be working to get this man elected President?

I hope a few more will be persuaded to break ranks with the GOP as it continues to muzzle us and shut us out.

Our loyalty is not to be true Republicans, it is to be true Patriots.

idiom
05-05-2008, 10:21 PM
Not Third Party but independent. Technically still republican, but giving the conservatives someone to vote for and spliting the right wing vote and maybe the anti-war vote.

It would be anyones game with the Dems being favourites. If the Dems go with Clinton then RP gets the huge anti-war vote and the Pro-life vote.

It would take a really big money bomb to go Independent or, possibly, going Independent to cause a really big money bomb.

dvdrink
05-05-2008, 10:25 PM
If Ron goes independent, the $6 million money bomb will look like a mere firecracker...

josephadel_3
05-05-2008, 10:26 PM
Yes, also he would have about 2 months to raise a shit load of money and then get votes in November, since he will be a Republican candidate until the convention on Labor Day weekend. If we were to have a money bomb, we would have to hear about it months in advance in order to save up. I do think it is very wishful thinking to think he will run independent or third party.

video of Ron Paul stating he has no intention of a third party or independent candidacy. http://youtube.com/watch?v=SXtEPKlJhak

DrAmy31415
05-05-2008, 10:41 PM

The candidates have been weak since Reagan, in my opinion. Though I did like Perot.

RonPaulVolunteer
05-05-2008, 10:55 PM
Clinton is not going to win.

Unless there's another False Flag attack before the elections.

parke
05-05-2008, 11:03 PM
Lie berman has his finger in McCains bu..

Brian4Liberty
05-05-2008, 11:12 PM
If there ever was a picture worth a thousand words here it is...

Yes, Obama is trying to figure it out, Kennedy doesn't care what's going on behind him, and McCain's lips don't move unless Lieberman's fingers wiggle...

JosephTheLibertarian
05-06-2008, 01:32 AM

Libertarian Party.

NEPA_Revolution
05-06-2008, 05:10 AM
Yes, Obama is trying to figure it out, Kennedy doesn't care what's going on behind him, and McCain's lips don't move unless Lieberman's fingers wiggle...

Hahaha +1 McCain is really "reaching across the isle"

Eric21ND
05-06-2008, 08:20 AM
If Ron went independent, or challenged us to raise money for and indy run we would respound in true fashion. I'm feeling a $10 million July 4th money bomb for the win!

The One
05-06-2008, 08:21 AM
I've never bought into the whole Reptilian-people thing, but that picture of Lieberman sure makes a compelling argument.

matthylland
05-06-2008, 08:30 AM

I disagree, our system is set up to restrict the chances of a third party because of single seat representation. I think being republican is our best shot of media attention, votes and getting consideration from others

speciallyblend
05-06-2008, 08:47 AM
well this all sounds great,but the real problem is that the word republican has become a dirty word to a majority of people. we need to somehow change the name of the party asap,until then just having a r next to your name is the scarlet letter