PDA

View Full Version : Who will inherit the GOP mantle after McCain?

dvdrink
05-05-2008, 06:13 PM
As McCain goes down to an almost certain defeat in '08, who will be left to carry the flag for the GOP?

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0508/10082.html

Some say Romney, some say Huckabee.... maybe Jeb Bush or Condoleeza Rice?

More importantly, does anyone actually believe that the GOP is going to allow Ron Paul a speaking slot at the convention?

idiom
05-05-2008, 06:18 PM
This is exactly what we are talking about. After this election we will have a chunk of congress.

We need a to begin co-ordinating the long campaign.

Jeremy
05-05-2008, 06:19 PM
Real Republicans.

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/553/491pxrobertataftus7.jpg

RSLudlum
05-05-2008, 06:20 PM
I'd like to see our governor of SC, Mark Sanford, make a push for it....but then again alot can happen in 4years. He was just on the afternoon radio show here in Charleston blasting Washington (congress and administration) for not getting a damn thing done and leaving it to the States to save the day...He even insisted that it might be up to the States to do something with the current economic problems ie take the initiative and challenge the federal gov't to try to overpower the States decisions on solving their own problems, the way it should be!! :)

Kotin
05-05-2008, 06:39 PM
I'd like to see our governor of SC, Mark Sanford, make a push for it....but then again alot can happen in 4years. He was just on the afternoon radio show here in Charleston blasting Washington (congress and administration) for not getting a damn thing done and leaving it to the States to save the day...He even insisted that it might be up to the States to do something with the current economic problems ie take the initiative and challenge the federal gov't to try to overpower the States decisions on solving their own problems, the way it should be!! :)

i love mark sanford.

Paul/Sanford '12

or Sanford/?

gerryb
05-05-2008, 06:39 PM
Murray Sabrin FTW

MozoVote
05-05-2008, 06:45 PM
We should rally for Mark Sanford, or Jim Duncan of TN.

Kludge
05-05-2008, 06:45 PM
Impossible to say. McCain was seen as non-viable just a few months ago (and surprise surprise, he is again!). This is going to be a terrible year for Republicans =( I think there's something like 50 Republican congressional incumbents leaving while only ~14 dems are.... (someone have the stats on that?), and there's no way in hell McCain is getting into office.

Unless some long strings are pulled, Obama will be blamed when the SHTF and we'll have a strong Republican surge in 2012.

Aldanga
05-05-2008, 07:35 PM
This is exactly what we are talking about. After this election we will have a chunk of congress.

We need a to begin co-ordinating the long campaign.

Which is exactly why I'm going to school this fall as a PoliSci/Econ major.

Bring it on, boys. We're ready to fight.

Aratus
05-06-2008, 07:23 AM
jeb bush is also on the sidelines http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0508/10082_Page2.html

acptulsa
05-06-2008, 07:25 AM
If we let them have their way, probably Lieberman.

rancher89
05-06-2008, 07:37 AM
Heh! Jeb is supposed to be the smarter brother.....

I'd support Mark Sanford, he's fighting against the real ID and seems to be on the right track

acptulsa
05-06-2008, 07:39 AM
Heh! Jeb is supposed to be the smarter brother.....

That's like saying Antarctica is warmer than the North Pole. I still wouldn't go there looking for a sun tan.