PDA

View Full Version : Tucker and Pat Buchanan

Kandilynn
05-15-2007, 06:11 PM
I was watching Tucker just now, (I had recorded it earlier) and Tucker said "I love Paul, and I may vote for him again." Then he said that he probably won't win. Then Buchanan disagreed and said that Ron Paul did have a chance to win and it would depend on getting a good turn out on the Iowa straw poll.

So, who here is from Iowa? We need some people in Iowa to get us a LOT of votes in August!

ratsbew
05-15-2007, 06:15 PM
I'm from Iowa, but I don't currently live there. I suppose I could send some words that way.

Hawaii Libertarian
05-15-2007, 06:31 PM
Buchanan knows about this very well. As distasteful as the current process is, in the two-party system, the key to success for an underdog Presidential candidate is to work hard for a good showing in the early contests--Iowa, New Hampshire, etc. to gain momentum, visibility, and hopefully a spike in fund raising to survive all the way into the convention.

As important as the nationwide Meetups are, it will be hard to overcome poor showings in the early contests, unless of course Dr. Paul is considering a Libertarian Party or independent run if he fails to win the Republican nomination. I don't see a Meetup group in Iowa, but there seems to be a large one building in New Hampshire. Iowa may overrate its importance and Dr. Paul may have a better shot at winning in New Hampshire, especially if he's constrained by limited financial resources.

jaybone
05-15-2007, 08:46 PM
freestaters in NH will be hitting the streets hard for Ron.
There is a pretty substantial libertarian movement going on there and NH is traditionally a fiscal conservative - social liberal area.
I think he will find great support in the granite state