PDA

View Full Version : Poll: If RP gives an endorsement

soapmistress
05-05-2008, 01:15 PM
If Ron Paul were to give an endorsement to another presidential candidate...

Kludge
05-05-2008, 01:22 PM
I like Paul as a candidate and for extraordinary work on behalf of libertarianism and conservatism. I've studied all the major Parties', and would only support three - If RP chose any that aren't one of the three, I'd still vote for one of the three. His endorsement may persuade me to vote for someone within those three candidates though.

Aratus
05-05-2008, 01:23 PM
kludge, whoever he gives the nod to now, only makes 2012 more viable!

yongrel
05-05-2008, 01:29 PM
He won't. He has better things to waste his time on.

acptulsa
05-05-2008, 01:29 PM
Don't see it, though. He believes our path lies in straightening out the G.O.P., and I don't think he'll be doing anything to piss them off right away.

fr33domfightr
05-13-2008, 02:10 PM
Our country is at a critical point. We already know who the major players are, there won't be many to scrutinize! Once Obama gets the nomination, we can capitalize on this by grabbing the disenfranchised Democrats. Believe me, this will happen, and those people are prepared to vote McCain!

We need one voice!!

We'll either vote together and win, or vote separately and lose. :eek:

FF

spacehabitats
05-13-2008, 02:42 PM
Our "huge voting block" is nonexistent.
Our vote is only symbolic.
Our number one priority should be to see that McCain is not elected, but I can't bring myself to actually vote for Obama/Clinton.

fr33domfightr
05-13-2008, 10:49 PM
Our "huge voting block" is nonexistent.
Our vote is only symbolic.
Our number one priority should be to see that McCain is not elected, but I can't bring myself to actually vote for Obama/Clinton.

I strongly disagree that our vote is symbolic. Not only do we have a large Ron Paul Freedom Movement, but there are still a large number of Independents, Reagan Democrats, swing voters, plus soon to be disenfranchised Democrats after the Obama presumptive nomination.

At this moment, those that feel they cannot or will not vote for Obama, see themselves as having to vote for the lesser of 2 evils, and they WILL VOTE FOR MCCAIN. This is critical because, as you say, you want to make sure McCain isn't elected and can't bring yourself to vote for him. Of the potential voters, many feel the same way as you. You're not alone.

In order to block Obama or McCain out, we need to have one voice. That means at some point, sooner rather than later, we're going to have to decide how we're going to vote in the General Election and get as many people on board with us as possible. I've already talked to some disenfranchised Democrats and they only thought of voting for McCain, but they seem willing to listen to me and consider a third party candidate.

Don't give up. Keep the faith. This year will be our win, for us, and our country.

FF

:)