PDA

View Full Version : Petition Against The Federal Reserve Bailout.

michaelwise
08-22-2007, 04:23 PM
These huge bailouts cause the inflation tax to increase by adding enormous amounts of money to the money supply.

You can sign the petition against the bailout here.

http://www.petitiononline.com/bailout/petition.html

born2drv
08-22-2007, 04:36 PM
i don't agree with the federal reserve's manipulation of the market, but why do you want to make people suffer more who put their faith in the government and fed?

it's like pulling the plug on social security even though everyone paid into it. likewise, a lot of people bought homes expecting the government would prevent a catastrophic economic event from occuring... some figured they could ride out the storm if say housing prices dipped 10% or maybe 20% but not 30, 40, 50%, etc...

if you're going to abolish the fed and end the manipulation, do it after the mess is cleaned up or the markets are somewhat stabilized, not before. cutting these people off at the very peak of the credit crisis is not really fair if you ask me.

Syren123
08-22-2007, 04:46 PM
Regarding the Federal Reserve, the name of the game is BAILOUT. It is one of the primary reasons it was even created.

Again, I highly recommend The Creature from Jekyll Island by Ed Griffin for a very entertaining yet scholarly explanation of the creation and behavior of the Federal Reserve. You will not be sorry.