PDA

View Full Version : 1995 Iowa Straw Poll -- rigged?

Zydeco
08-22-2007, 04:23 PM
Here's a short video from the 2007 Iowa Straw Poll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_Ss4sSRvEE

From this (credible and checkable) testimony, combined with the implausible outcome (an exact tie between Phil Gramm and Bob Dole at 2,582 votes each, after a two-hour delay), makes me think very strongly that some interested journalists should ask some questions about the '95 straw poll. The prima facie whiff of vote fraud is too obvious to not follow up on in the Internet Era.

And if they found out '95 was rigged, it might be a lot harder for people to believe that the '07 one was rigged.

I'm real worried about vote fraud, people. If I had to guess I'd say Ron's numbers were massaged a little in the downward direction at Ames. Can we get the '95 story to some people who can publicize it? Anyone know the guy in the video?

CurtisLow
08-22-2007, 05:12 PM
Really thats some BS! I would of bug that room. Sneaky f_cks...

kylebrotherton
08-22-2007, 05:31 PM
I'd love to help, but I'm busy spreading Ron Paul's message of life and liberty.

Have fun, though.

Zydeco
08-22-2007, 05:50 PM
Me too, Kyle -- just got back from a walk where I put 55 Ron Paul bumper stickers up around the neighborhood.

But if the votes ain't being counted right, none of it will matter.

Mr. White
08-22-2007, 05:53 PM
That stories been floating around since 95.

Zydeco
08-22-2007, 06:00 PM
Well, now we have 1) a credible witness on tape; 2) further named witnessed (Bay Buchanan, security guards, probably others) 3) a highly improbable result after 4) a two-hour delay.

There's lot that can be checked up on here.

Mr. White
08-22-2007, 06:12 PM
He's had 12 years to raise a fuss, file lawsuits, whatever. I'm not saying that fraud didn't happen. He's not able to say that it did. No reporter will write about this. It's 12 years old with iffy testimony at best.

I'm with you that voting fraud is a concern, but I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish with this one. If you've got some more research I'd love to see it.