wgadget
05-05-2008, 11:01 AM
http://www.nolanchart.com/article3679.html

yongrel
05-05-2008, 11:03 AM
Ain't happening.

Phantom
05-05-2008, 11:05 AM
Sorry wgadget, we seem to have posted the same article at almost the same time.

I will ask the mod to remove mine.

brandon
05-05-2008, 11:05 AM
delusional.

Ron Paul is not going to win the nomination. I think he will get about 100 votes at the RNC, and maybe another 100 delegates that support him but are pledged to someone else.

Paul does have a GENIUS strategy to influence the republican party and make our views mainstream, but it doesn't involve him winning the nomination.

milly
05-05-2008, 11:08 AM
Nolanchart is one of the best political fiction sites on the web!

wgadget
05-05-2008, 11:09 AM
Ain't happening.

Have faith, oh yongrel one. Pessimism never got anyone anywhere.

Stranger things have happened...Like John McCain being the presumptive nominee.

tonyr1988
05-05-2008, 11:11 AM
delusional.

Ron Paul is not going to win the nomination. I think he will get about 100 votes at the RNC, and maybe another 100 delegates that support him but are pledged to someone else.

Paul does have a GENIUS strategy to influence the republican party and make our views mainstream, but it doesn't involve him winning the nomination.

+1

Bradley in DC
05-05-2008, 11:13 AM
Wishful thinking, short on real facts.

milly
05-05-2008, 11:14 AM
"call in sick"...does anyone even take this seriously? Does the term "alternate delegates" ring a bell?

Chester Copperpot
05-05-2008, 11:15 AM
Whats the rules on states passing various platforms?? Like in one state (missouri I think) theyy made elimination of the fed and irs part of the platform.. Does that have any bearing on votes from that state's delegates?? Would McCain HAVE to agree to this to get votes frm Missouri delegates??

Wondering...

No1ButPaul08
05-05-2008, 11:18 AM
This was written by a mere mortal Ben Novak. Had it been written by Dr. Ben Novak it would be more believable.:rolleyes:

FreedomRings
05-05-2008, 11:20 AM
If McCain drops out or implodes (scandal, illness, etc), Ron Paul could win. That should be our main focus... to be ready if and when the time comes.

georgiaboy
05-05-2008, 11:22 AM
I think this could happen. Will it? None of us knows for sure. I sure hope it does.

I do think McCain will have to get some major negative press flowing before it could play out this way.

Mister Grieves
05-05-2008, 12:00 PM
I think this could happen. Will it? None of us knows for sure. I sure hope it does.

I do think McCain will have to get some major negative press flowing before it could play out this way.
Once the democrats settle on a candidate, all the guns of the media, democrats, and many real conservatives will be trained on McCain. It won't be pretty.

wgadget
05-05-2008, 12:35 PM
Once the democrats settle on a candidate, all the guns of the media, democrats, and many real conservatives will be trained on McCain. It won't be pretty.

QFT. He's had a free ride for quite some time. That will change.

voytechs
05-05-2008, 12:39 PM
Very plausible if those conditions align. It may happen, GOP outside the entrenched sell outs, is not happy with McCain. There is still a lot that could happen.

tangent4ronpaul
05-05-2008, 01:40 PM
daisy ad:

http://www.conelrad.com/daisy/daisy3.php

-n

N13
05-05-2008, 02:02 PM
Nice dream

chowdy
05-05-2008, 02:05 PM

QFT.

Join The Paul Side
05-05-2008, 02:52 PM
Once the GOP realizes McCain is an idoit and can't win, perhaps they will warm up to us.

Dems have too much ammo against this guy for him to win. Keating 5. Amnesty. Campaign finance laws. 100 years in Iraq. Bomb, bomb, bomb....bomb bomb Iran.

The list goes on and on.

kigol
05-05-2008, 02:54 PM
:)

DrAmy31415
05-05-2008, 03:10 PM
Just about as realistic as the billionaire.

TruthAtLast
05-05-2008, 04:00 PM
If McCain drops out or implodes (scandal, illness, etc), Ron Paul could win. That should be our main focus... to be ready if and when the time comes.

This can be "A" focus (to be ready) but to I don't think it should be our "MAIN" focus. That is a lot of effort that is dependent on the hope that McCain gets ill, dies, or has a scandal?

Personally, I don't base my actions on just hope. I think there are many great reasons for continuing to get delegates where we can but it is foolish for "our Main focus" to be based on the off chance that McCain drops out. In fact, even if this happened, there is STILL no guarantee that Ron Paul would get the nomination.

*** Separate Thought ***

Ben Novak's original article on nolanchart is enthusiastic but I'm tired of people thinking that we need to be delusional in order to have enthusiasm and "keep our hopes up".

I am completely grounded in reality and don't need rose-colored glasses to be proud of what we have accomplished and to continue to work towards our goals. I don't think our supporters are discouraged as Ben suggests and I don't need a pat on the head and a little blue star with a promise of getting a gold one someday if I just stay positive and keep working like a good little activist worker bee.

We are adults and don't need to be treated like friggin 8 year olds. That is one of the problems with America. The true message is dumbed down and we always want to make everyone feel like everything is ok while "smarter" people in the government are working on the problem. Just watch American Idol and don't worry about it...

Well here's some news for the rest of the country.... everything IS NOT OK! It is about time people wake up and take a big breath of reality. This message shouldn't frighten anyone, but rather empower the People to get involved and demand real change. The damn government is always trying to protect us for our own good, as if we can't handle the truth. (or at least that is their excuse. the real reason is so that they can steal our wealth and liberty without us knowing it)

Let's be big boys and girls about this. I'm sick of these sheep in the Republican base that are wusses with no backbone. As Ron Paul supporters, we now know what we are up against and we know it will NOT be easy. I take this as a personal and lifelong commitment and I think many of you do as well.

The fact is we really don't know what is going to transpire at the National Convention. We don't know how the cards are going to fall. But we CAN prepare ourselves to make sure we have the best hand possible, while in the process continue to sow the seeds for a future power shift.

There are clear victories that we've had on this journey and I'm willing to keep fighting for every one we can get, no matter how small.

As Al Pachino says in Any Given Sunday, "we know that when you add up all of those inches, it is going to make the fucking difference between winning and losing; between living and dying."

My enthusiasm comes from the fact that I can look around and see an ARMY of people also willing to do whatever it takes to make REAL change and defend this country from its own political terrorists that have taken control and are looking to enslave us all.

This country and this Movement will succeed or fail based on the ability of its members to stay focused on the true goals. Putting so much faith and so much blind hope into a single defining event such as the National Convention is dangerous if those people can't look past the Convention to see that there is a larger goal here and it may take years, even decades, to accomplish.

Aldanga
05-05-2008, 07:40 PM
Just about as realistic as the billionaire.

I have to agree there.

Zera
05-05-2008, 07:59 PM
McInsane will be the easiest candidate to talk badly against ever. He's up in so much fucking shit, I'm surprised he hasn't suffocated under it.

Rush's operation and idea isn't to keep the Democrats from being united. It's to keep them busy and away from revealing the real McCain.

nate895
05-05-2008, 08:11 PM
Us winning the nomination is not very likely, probably less than .1%, but we should try anyway. Who lost anything by giving it their best shot and staying in until the final round is over? Fight on until the very end, and never stop. This is merely a battle, if we win the battle, they have no where to run, but if we lose the battle, so, we can go onto the next election, and the win there. We have time, and they run out of time if we go anywhere.

wgadget
05-05-2008, 08:42 PM
McInsane will be the easiest candidate to talk badly against ever. He's up in so much fucking shit, I'm surprised he hasn't suffocated under it.

Rush's operation and idea isn't to keep the Democrats from being united. It's to keep them busy and away from revealing the real McCain.

Great point you have there about Rush. To bring it to a full conclusion, we must realize that he wants the Dems and the media to avoid any talk about REPUBLICAN dissatisfaction, strife, and most of all Ron Paul.

antdengineer
05-05-2008, 10:08 PM
What billionaire?

dvdrink
05-05-2008, 10:17 PM
After reading a few of Nolan's articles, I had to start filerting out his stuff from my news searches... not credible.

LibertiORDeth
05-05-2008, 10:23 PM
Have faith, oh yongrel one. Pessimism never got anyone anywhere.

Stranger things have happened...Like John McCain being the presumptive nominee.

+1000

ClayTrainor
05-05-2008, 10:26 PM
What billionaire?

you must be new :D

idiom
05-05-2008, 10:46 PM
This dem War is killing us in that it is keeping the spotlight away from McCain. However it is making Obama look less and less like a saviour everyday.

rprprs
05-06-2008, 05:23 AM

Well, one thing is for sure:
If no one believes it could happen...it WON'T.

speciallyblend
05-06-2008, 05:34 AM
Very plausible if those conditions align. It may happen, GOP outside the entrenched sell outs, is not happy with McCain. There is still a lot that could happen.

mccain doesnt have the majority of the republican party no matter what the polls say. The fact is on the ground mccain has no support,so the gop pushing mccain is the gop pushing to throw the election..

speciallyblend
05-06-2008, 05:36 AM
This dem War is killing us in that it is keeping the spotlight away from McCain. However it is making Obama look less and less like a saviour everyday.

actually everyday i watch the news. It reminds me that mccain will lose the general election and many republicans will lose by a landslide,especially mccain...WE ARE REAL REPUBLICANS, what the gop is who the hell knows???

Revolution9
05-06-2008, 07:04 AM
Ain't happening.

We have several counties locked up around here that ARE NOT voting for McCain or anybody else but RP. We (Aaron Krowne) even beat the Fulton RNC County Chairman in a debate on War Powers and they are conceding that RP is the man. Keep that zionista boob tube at full throttle so you remain well informed..hahaha!

None of what s going on here locally gets to this board or anywhere on the net. We like it like that. The RNC will be broadsided and the MSM will be drooling into their mics and their puzzled pusses will be stuttering for scenarios to describe the mayhem they will perceive at the RNC. They will realize they do not control the minds of real Americans. The lack of support for blusterhog McCain wlll become supremely evident at that point.

Yer Pal
Randy

wgadget
05-06-2008, 07:08 AM
mccain doesnt have the majority of the republican party no matter what the polls say. The fact is on the ground mccain has no support,so the gop pushing mccain is the gop pushing to throw the election..

True, especially since the media has been giving McCain a free pass. Just wait to see how the Republican electorate turns on him when they're reminded of his anti-conservative policies...Amnesty comes to mind...