PDA

View Full Version : How to Rig an Election: Confessions of a Republican Operative

IPSecure
05-05-2008, 10:35 AM
Found this reference on Dr. Paul's Web Site...

How to Rig an Election: Confessions of a Republican Operative. (http://www.amazon.com/How-Rig-Election-Confessions-Republican/dp/1416552227/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1209936940&sr=1-1)

From Publishers Weekly
Republican campaign advisor Raymond achieved some notoriety when he plead guilty in federal court to jamming Connecticut phone lines in a 2002 Democratic get-out-the-vote effort-small potatoes compared to what he had gotten away with for more than a decade, vividly and hilariously chronicled in this outrageous career retrospective. For 13 years, Raymond worked his way up the ranks of GOP operatives by smearing opponents and worse in campaigns across the country, including the aborted presidential bid of Steve Forbes. Besides documenting such ingenious strategies as arranging for phone calls during the Super Bowl touting his candidate's opponent, Raymond witnesses the Republican party's rise to power in the 1990s, and the effects of that power, in both professional and personal terms. ("Bill Martini's screaming fits were reaching exciting new heights all the time.") Though Raymond appreciates the depravity of his former enterprise ("if you could find two of us Republican operatives who could still tell the difference between politics and crime, you could probably have rubbed us together for fire as well"), his confession often sounds a lot like boasting; naturally, Raymond is charming enough to get away with it, taking a deliciously cynical view of everyone involved (voters especially). For those who care about the electoral system, this look inside the sausage factory of contemporary campaigning is compelling, arguably essential, reading.
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.

Review
"For those who care about the electoral system, this look inside the sausage factory of contemporary campaigning is compelling, arguably essential, reading." -- Publishers Weekly

"Refreshingly candid about his vindictive motives, Raymond offers a damning chronicle of political hubris." -- Kirkus Reviews

"Paints a picture of the corruption of modern politics that should leave no doubt about the creativity and cynicism of operatives like Mr. Raymond or the need for tough new election-reform legislation." -- Adam Cohen, The New York Times

"Offers a raw, inside glimpse of the phone scandal as it unraveled and of a ruthless world in which political operatives seek to win at all costs." -- McClatchy News Service

"Raymond offers an insider's look at the world of dirty campaigning and hardball politics. [A]n engaging read...the book is hard to put down." -- Nathaniel French, St. Petersburg Times

Not that I'm endorsing this, but we need to know what we are up against...

Aratus
05-05-2008, 11:48 AM
Aratus can remember the talk about daniel segretti during the watergate hearings...

AN OPEN LETTER TO THE RON PAUL rEVOLUTIOn PEOPLE!

~~~ SOMETIMEs WE WORRY ABOUT ALL SUNSHINE and SUMMERTIME SOLDIERs
IN OUR MIDST, WE WONDER ABOUT AN INTEGRITY AND A COMMITMENT! WHAT I AM GOING
TO SAY IS QUITE SIMPLE! LETs TAKE A PLEDGE! LETs PLACE AN INTENT ONLINE, AND
KEEP TO IT! THIS IS MY REACTION TO THE POSTING ABOVE! I AM LUCID and LOGICAL!

~~~ Earlier in these forums you have heard me talk up RAND PAUL, JOSH ROMNEY
and JOHN McCAIN's son! I can think of the son of a famous American who just might run
for POTUS in my neck of the woods who i shall never vote for in MY life... namely JEB BUSH!
I told all of you i shall be ceasing to pull the lever for both John Kerry and Senator Ted, and
that this decision is with a few regrets, for i am breaking a deepset habit. Humour me... I
am about to make a commitment about 2012 that is far reaching. I'm not asking you all
to never vote for JEB BUSH at all, i am asking for a consensus from you concerning the
next presidential year sweepstakes. PLEASE VOTE FOR ANOTHER CANDIDATE OTHER THAN
JEB BUSH. I cannot contenance any more democrat or republican votes going the way of
the BUSH brothers. I know people may fall away from the rEVOLUTIOn over time, or perhaps
water down their intensity, yet in light of how cynical some of the longterm political players
are, does JEB BUSH deserve your votes in 2012? Can people at least say they won't vote
for him then at all! I do know Barack Obama can run again, Hillary Clinton can run again,
Mitt Romney can run again, Mike Huckabee can run again, as well as Ralph Nader... if they as
a group get ANY of your votes for whatever reason, i can forgive you all. However in light
of the way the last few years have gone, let alone the way this election has gone... could
we all take a pledge to NOT vote for JEB BUSH? If an over-strained budget and this war is
being forced as planking on the main body of the G.O.P as we speak, and John McCain has
been told that if he wants the party apparatus to do things his way, both Bush brothers
have to be happy, then perhaps rather than lashing back at John McCain, maybe we should
insted scuttle someone's dynastic plans before they arrive. I admit i can be a social tory and
a snob, but lets draw the line on voting for this man who has this 50% inheritance of G.O.P
chromosomes from a living president!!! Let another great or not so great American serve!!!

Can we take a stance like this...?

~~~ "Even if We the REVOLUTIOn think there is a possible potentiality of ability
or presidential stature amoungst the future progeny of GEORGE HERBERT WALKER BUSH
and his wife, our former first lady BARBARA BUSH, We the rEVOLUTIOn think these abilities
have skipped a generation at best, unlike the two Adamses... THEREFORE We the rEVOLUTIOn
NOW SWEAR TO CREATOR BEING AND COUNTRY THAT WE SHALL NOT RISK OUR FUTURES ON
THE EX-GOV YOUNGER BROTHER OF OUR PRESIDENT NOR HIS OTHER BROTHER, NEIL BUSH IN 2012!
WE SWEAR TO CREATOR BEING AND COUNTRY THAT WE WILL NOT VOTE FOR JEB BUSH AT ALL
IN 2012!!! We the rEVOLUTIOn insted will vote for quite a few other people who are more
worthy of our backing! We the rEVOLUTIOn seek a shake-up on our landscape equal to or
greater than the one we are now part of! We seek a meritocracy, not an entrenched stupidity
in high public places! We seek to remain close to the ideals of the founders of our republic!"

SINCERELY YOURS, ... "ARATUS" ....

~~~~ VIVA LA eEVOLUTIOn!!! ~~~~

Aratus
05-05-2008, 11:52 AM
there, i did it... my first official "ARATUS" letter! its happily 1800s anti-federalist!

DealzOnWheelz
05-05-2008, 12:24 PM
I can easily take a pledge of NO BUSH; strictly in the political sense :)

Aratus
05-06-2008, 11:54 AM
folks, i need to further clarify my stance in terms of john mccain... this is my second ARATUS letter!

People of the Ron Paul rEVOLUTIOn... harken to my words!

Todau i learned on a public internet forum that maybe at least once in his lifetime
John McCain has read the United States Constitution in full! the whole full entire extent of it!
i now am contrite about what i recently said, how even if dr. ron paul as mccain's veep were
to ask me as well as the rest of you to vote for a mccain/paul ticket, i would hold back and
vote for another party or person on the ballot... i did not expect this! namely that john mccain
actually has the capacity and means to REAd the Constitution and apply it to the daily life
decisions of a POTUS! this has me re-thinking things! i also know at the very same public forum i
did vote in an internet poll asking me if i thought it wise to be part of an almost totally
automatic voting block of revolution people so as to give Ron Paul's nod an added significance!
this is the same forum where i toyed with the idea of a BARR/WRIGHT ticket making either
obama's or mccain's day!!! i know that i can get creative. now i am having doubts about
things! what if mccain is being very sincere? http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=136127
i seek only what is best for our country, and despite the way augusta went... he could be sincere,,,
i know both bob barr and john mccain are seasoned politicians, yet there is the glimmering of an
epithany that i have that i can have a hubris of circumstance whereupon i presume things!
what if both these good men do know EXACTLY what the wording of the Constitution says!
despite the wonderous 1700s/1800s prose and all that has changed in our language since
noah webster's first dictionary. i do remember that at the height of the Watergate hearings,
Sam Ervin kept close to him a copy of our Constitition, i even bought a book by him!!! Can i
presume things in our great debate? what if john mcCain is very sincere? i do know i have said
things about our recent politics. i put this to the people who are the Ron Paul rEVOLUTIOn!
We are about to go down into someone's history books in a big way, this day, this YEAR!!!

Sincerely Yours, ...."ARATUS".... ------ http://www.cojoweb.com/sam_ervin.html

Aratus
05-26-2008, 01:19 PM
MY THIRD ARATUS LETTER:

Citizens, Patriots, rEVOLUTIOn people!!!

I, Aratus ask one and all not to judge too harshly the newly emerging ticket from
the LIBERTARIAN PARTY Convention! Yes... I, Aratus would have been happier with a
BARR?WRIGHT or BARR?GRAVEL ticket, yet i must concede Barack Obama shall also take
notice of a BARR/ROOT ticket as JOHN McCAIN now mulls his own sweet choises! Indeed
it is my understanding that HILLARY RODHAM CLINTON has no illusions over how we shall
see JIMMY CARTER super~delegate himself, and this only increases the impact of the decisions
by governor richardson, john edwards and robert byrd to join a bandwagon. we are all at
a crossroads, and as WAYNE ALLYN ROOT said recently, when he quoted Yogi Berra, namely
when we are at a crossroads, we take it! we do not stand there and mull things over to grand
perpetuity clause, in a cronic state of indecision. YES, RON PAUL could run either this year or
in 2012 as an INDEPENDENT candidate! he could run in 2012 AGAIN as a LIBERTARIAN! lets
give all this until SEPTEMBER 10th to sort all this stuff out! this is as an EXTREMELY dicursive
close race shall be upon us all. HILLARY RODHAM CLINTON's people have three options, now.
THEY EITHER SIT EVERYTHING OUT, or they opt for OBAMA and/or McCAIN... or they OPT for
someone other than either the Democrat or the Republican in the fall. when you are at a fork
in the road, take it!!! the advice from Wayne Allyn Root! as we all see 269 go against 269!!!

```````````````````````````` Sincerely Yours, "ARATUS" ``````````````````````````