PDA

View Full Version : Nevada Convention Details

mello
05-05-2008, 10:14 AM
I just read this & it pissed me off:

http://rense.com/general81/pdpe.htm

Here's a chunk of the story:

"From our previous count from observers in the rooms of Congressional District's 1 and 3, Paul Supporters had won all three delegates spots in District 3 and one Paul supporter in District 1. The counts of these districts took about 30 minutes after voting was completed. The 2nd District was taking very long to complete and no one could understand the delay of more then an hour. Information from observers within its count room relayed that Paul supporters had swept its three delegates as well. This meant that Paul Supporters took 7 out of 9 possible Congressional District delegates to the National Convention.

"The person walking from the counting room made a straight line to State Chairwoman Sue Lowden, leaning over and whispering into her ear. After the person walked off Sue sat there for about 30 seconds tapping her foot and then stood up and walked over to Councilman Woodbury who was sitting in front of me, leaning over she said, 'If we can break Quorum, can we invalidate this?' After saying this rather loudly and glancing at the expression on my face she quickly quieted down and I was unable to hear the rest of the conversation.

"I figured out what would constitute a quorum in this convention of 1347 delegates--674 delegates. Soon after Chairwoman Lowden left, a John McCain staffer, Paul Johnson, came by. I had been gathering signs and information from him all day, and he believed I was a hardcore McCain supporter... He began his conversation with, 'They [presumably the Ron Paul supporters] are trying to pull a coup, we are going to leave and quarter the convention.' I responded, 'Do we even have the numbers, all they need is a couple hundred to keep Quorum?' He answered back, 'The powers that be [NOTE: the insiders know the term and use it] have the numbers, I am just doing what I was told to do by my boss.' At this moment I knew that they had lost control of the convention and were desperate.

"I watched the party officers directly in front of me huddling up with the parliamentarian and trying to come up with something. Soon after this huddle, the party began to filibuster the convention [purposely taking up time] filling it with videos and speakers over a course of 60 minutes. During this time Sue Lowden began barking at Chairman Bob Beers, and I could clearly see Chairman Beers not agreeing with what she was telling him. First it was just her talking to him, but by the fourth time he stepped off the stage, eight people were surrounding him and pressuring him, which I can only assume was to end the convention, since that is what happened next.

"When he returned to the stage for the last time, Chairman Beers ended the convention illegally calling an indefinite recess without a vote of the delegation to do so, at 6 pm. This was not before their first plan of ending the convention was attempted to be put into play by a member that was not informed calling for a Quorum which we would still have had. But Beers interrupted him saying, 'I will save you some time', and called the indefinite recess. Later it was claimed to be the end of the contract of the room. But upon request from the Hotel they gladly gave us three more hours for free.

"After five seconds of pure silence, disbelief, and confusion, a once consistently civil and controlled convention was thrown into ten minutes of anarchy, while the party [leaders] vacated the room out the back doors. Bob Bears attempted to speak with an angry mob with little to no avail before leaving. After this occurred we attempted to reconvene the meeting but fell 70 people short of a quorum." Too bad.

speciallyblend
05-05-2008, 10:21 AM
old post already ,but thanks. This should remind everyone that the NVGOP is corrupt and we still have no answers. I suspect we will not have any answers until the mccain folks have fudged the results...

i suggest the ron paul republica in NEVADA ,leave the party and form a new party;) THE REAL REPUBLICANS or something. We have the majority,so we should give them 2 choices, give us the delegates we should get ,or just leave the party in mass and form a new party in nevada,WE HAVE THE MAJORITY in caucus,at least a strong minority but big enough to let the nvgop die.

BKom
05-05-2008, 10:30 AM
old post already ,but thanks. This should remind everyone that the NVGOP is corrupt and we still have no answers. I suspect we will not have any answers until the mccain folks have fudged the results...

i suggest the ron paul republica in NEVADA ,leave the party and form a new party;) THE REAL REPUBLICANS or something. We have the majority,so we should give them 2 choices, give us the delegates we should get ,or just leave the party in mass and form a new party in nevada,WE HAVE THE MAJORITY in caucus,at least a strong minority but big enough to let the nvgop die.

We are staying. If someone is leaving it will not be us. We are going to stick around and support liberty minded non-Giuliani type candidates until the people come around and no longer consider the party a social club and start to think ideologically.

We want the Republican brand to mean something other than "we suck a little less than the Democrats."

speciallyblend
05-05-2008, 11:03 AM
We are staying. If someone is leaving it will not be us. We are going to stick around and support liberty minded non-Giuliani type candidates until the people come around and no longer consider the party a social club and start to think ideologically.

We want the Republican brand to mean something other than "we suck a little less than the Democrats."

different plans for you. I wish you the best ,but in reality, I suspect all the delegates will be nullified or delayed till the point of nullification. I dont trust the nvgop and they will nullify any gains by ron paul republicans . Keep up the fight but in the end the party line will exclude us at all costs. The proof is in the pudding. Until i see the headlines Ron Paul Wins THE NV STATE CONVENTION. The nvgop will delay until it doesn't matter anymore. maybe im wrong but until then my faith in the NVGOP/GOP is about -100%. I wish you luck and ill expect the same tactics by the colorado gop... what we are witnessing is the death of the gop party maybe after the general election we will do better,but until then the gop is deaf dumb and blind.. they will run into a brick wall on general election day SO BE IT..

speciallyblend
05-05-2008, 11:07 AM

Well your last sentence hit the nail on the head for this election. sad but true ,though right now i think the republican party sucks as bad as the democrats.

The treatment of ron paul republicans by the gop makes me want to treat mccain just like they treated us;) I say good luck on the gop winning ,they will lose 10-30% of their base in the general election . I will treat mccain like the gop treated Ron Paul.