PDA

View Full Version : Remember, remember... it's been half a year!

FreedomRings
05-05-2008, 08:38 AM
It's been half a year since November 5th!

Time for another money bomb?

How about sometime in June?

matthylland
05-05-2008, 08:45 AM
June 6th is the anniversary of D-Day

thats the first thing that came to my mind.

DrAmy31415
05-05-2008, 09:00 AM
A money bomb for what?

If for me, I'm down with it and will contribute and encourage everyone to clean out their accounts and send it. That fiat crap is worthless anyways.

By the way, the $2300 limit does not apply to these donations, feel free to go crazy!

Thanks in advance!

Paulitical Correctness
05-05-2008, 09:06 AM
In a couple of months, I fear that folks are gonna want to hang on to their monies... :(

ThePieSwindler
05-05-2008, 09:11 AM
dont donate to paul, donate to a RP republican.

DrAmy31415
05-05-2008, 09:12 AM

^^

What the swindler said.

mtmedlin
05-05-2008, 09:14 AM
Ok Amy, whats up with you and Yongrel and the new DR thing. I leave for about a week and I am already out of the loop.

DrAmy31415
05-05-2008, 09:21 AM
Ok Amy, whats up with you and Yongrel and the new DR thing. I leave for about a week and I am already out of the loop.

I just graduated from med school with a specialty in medical applications of thanatochemistry.

I use my powers for good, DrYongrel--he uses his for evil, as always.

Welcome back.

robert4rp08
05-05-2008, 09:21 AM
I wouldn't money bomb for the Paul campaign. They have $4-5 million on hand and isn't spending much on the remaining primaries....

A money bomb for Sabrin and the other Ronpaulicans would be worthwhile though.

mtmedlin
05-05-2008, 09:31 AM
I just graduated from med school with a specialty in medical applications of thanatochemistry.

I use my powers for good, DrYongrel--he uses his for evil, as always.

Welcome back.

Damn, I am just short of my masters and since I am neither fully good nor fully evil, I get no title!

Ok, so as I continue this side thread within a thread (no it isnt hijacking) what exactly is Thanatochemistry....yes I could use wiki but I am extremely lazy today?

DrAmy31415
05-05-2008, 09:41 AM
Damn, I am just short of my masters and since I am neither fully good nor fully evil, I get no title!

Ok, so as I continue this side thread within a thread (no it isnt hijacking) what exactly is Thanatochemistry....yes I could use wiki but I am extremely lazy today?

Well get on that Master's degree and demand to be called MasterMedlin. ;)

In regards to your question about thanatochemistry, from a course description:

FSE 1105 Thanatochemistry — 2 Credit Hours

This course is a survey of the basic principles of disinfection and preservation as they relate to embalming. Especially stressed are the chemical principles involved in sanitation, disinfection, and embalming practice. The development and use of personal, professional, and community sanitation practices are addressed, as well as use and precautions related to potentially harmful chemicals that are currently used in the field of funeral services. Three contact hours: one lecture hour, two laboratory hours.

My inspiration for this career path? None other than--

http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/Previews/Young-Frankenstein-bh02.jpg

Truth Warrior
05-05-2008, 09:47 AM
Feliz Cinco de Mayo! :D

speciallyblend
05-05-2008, 10:08 AM

HQ has 4 million to help with the state conventions,but i doubt they will. If i had my way i would request my money back so i could donate to other republicans running. I have lost faith in HQ,but i know that our Ron Paul people in Colorado could use some help. I'll call the RPP of Colorado and im sure they wouldnt mind a chip-in set up to help them for the Coloado Convention... our convention is may 30th/31st . I suggest chipins for the convention leaders of Ron paul in the remaining states as well..

SaratogaForRonPaul
05-05-2008, 10:11 AM
As a candidate myself, I believe a combined money bomb for multiple candidates is in order. Pick the top 5 candidates and give $20 each for a total for $100 per person.

I would recommend giving to Murray Sabrin and the 4 Republican candidates who are running in open seats. (Yes I am one of them):

Terbolizard
Peter James
Steven Vasquez
David Gay, Jr.

The reason I pick these, and the reason why I am running, is that the system is currently set to always win for the incumbents with its regulations and special interest lobbyists. 98% of the time incumbents win, this year like 2006, it might go down a little to 90%, but the deck is stacked.

While all of these races are extremely competitive, a candidate in an open seat at least has a chance.

idiom
05-05-2008, 10:39 AM
I think a large Central RP D-Day money Bomb is the way to go.

It may upset the nominating process, with RP still able to pull in more money and support than McCain, or allow RP to run independently of McCain.

Alternatively the RP campaign could convert to a general Revolution PAC and spread the money around as needed over the next four years.

The One
05-05-2008, 10:47 AM
Boy, I'm going to take some shit for this one but here it goes.......I think a money bomb at this point would be embarrassingly unsuccessful and probably quite depressing and discouraging. Hell, we could barely pull together enough help to squeak out a victory in an online poll the other day.

Okay, I'm running for cover now.

brandon
05-05-2008, 10:52 AM
Boy, I'm going to take some shit for this one but here it goes.......I think a money bomb at this point would be embarrassingly unsuccessful and probably quite depressing and discouraging. Hell, we could barely pull together enough help to squeak out a victory in an online poll the other day.

Okay, I'm running for cover now.

i agree. I knew after we only raised 6 mil on dec 16th that the money bomb idea had run its course. I'm sure we can have a huge money bomb in 3 years when the next ron paul launches their presidential campaign. For now we just dont have enough donors to pull it off. We need to come up with new fund raising techniques in the mean time. Sabrin seems to come up with alot of good ideas.

yongrel
05-05-2008, 10:54 AM
A moneybomb for BJ Lawson, Vern McKinley, Murrray Sabrin, and crew would be very useful.

idiom
05-05-2008, 10:56 AM
You mean like a Huck Army bomb? Or worse?

This is the time when we need to be consolidating support for a 'movement'. Making sure we collectively know how big we are, how much leverage we can bring together, where the mailing lists are etc.

More than just money bombs we need to be looking at new ways to expand and influence. There are a number of congressional races (and a senate race!) being contested. There are whole voting blocks that are yet to hear that the constitution still exists.

FreedomRings
05-05-2008, 11:24 AM
How about a money bomb for the Revolution March? It could be used to promote the march as widely as possible. If the march is successful the rest will take care of itself... the attention will spill over to other candidates endorsed by Ron Paul.

idiom
05-05-2008, 06:23 PM
A June 6th bomb could be redistributed anywhere, including to book surges and marches.