PDA

View Full Version : Will the GOP support Ron Paul Republicans?

yongrel
05-05-2008, 07:57 AM
So I was reading the Washington Times, and I stumbled across this little tidbit:

"The Franken tax flap, a bruising Democratic primary in Oregon and signs of trouble for the Democratic incumbent in New Jersey have Senate Republicans thinking they might salvage a bad election year from a potentially terrible one."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080505/NATION/701107550/1001

If the GOP is looking to salvage this election year, would they support candidates like BJ Lawson, Vern McKinley and especially Murray Sabrin if they win they primaries?

tekkierich
05-05-2008, 08:13 AM
So I was reading the Washington Times, and I stumbled across this little tidbit:

"The Franken tax flap, a bruising Democratic primary in Oregon and signs of trouble for the Democratic incumbent in New Jersey have Senate Republicans thinking they might salvage a bad election year from a potentially terrible one."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080505/NATION/701107550/1001

If the GOP is looking to salvage this election year, would they support candidates like BJ Lawson, Vern McKinley and especially Murray Sabrin if they win they primaries?

They are supporting the likes of Richard Matthews, who has already won his primary.

mtmedlin
05-05-2008, 08:18 AM
I have a feeling they won't. For them to "win" they cannot have a split in the party. Overall, they may be more willing to write off those seats and spend the money on limiting the overall damage. Bush has made certain that the GOP will lose the majority of the gains made over the last decade. There really isn't much they can do to change the democratic Majority and the chances that McCain actaully wins is slim to none. There safest bet is to not allow factions by limiting who they support and then attempt a massive attempt at a takeover in 2012.

DrAmy31415
05-05-2008, 08:19 AM
I think they may, and some may disagree, but I think they may if the Ron Paul connection isn't quite so "in their face."

For better or worse, we have kind of turned the Ron Paul name into kryptonite in the GOP. If the ideas are pushed more than the seeming "worship" of Paul, I think we might have something that even anti-Paul GOP people can get on board with. Plus, there's a huge difference between supporting a Congressman over a candidate for President.

constituent
05-05-2008, 08:32 AM
For better or worse, we have kind of turned the Ron Paul name into kryptonite in the GOP. If the ideas are pushed more than the seeming "worship" of Paul, I think we might have something that even anti-Paul GOP people can get on board with. Plus, there's a huge difference between supporting a Congressman over a candidate for President.

don't let the reactionaries' propaganda get you down.

how sensitive we are to such baseless criticism. "worship of Paul"

anyone who says that, return the fire "worship of the party, mccain worship," because clearly that is the level their mind is functioning on.

DrAmy31415
05-05-2008, 08:40 AM
don't let the reactionaries' propaganda get you down.

how sensitive we are to such baseless criticism. "worship of Paul"

anyone who says that, return the fire "worship of the party, mccain worship," because clearly that is the level their mind is functioning on.

Yeah, perhaps I am a bit oversensitive to it.

I think Obama has the market cornered on blind worship.

MozoVote
05-05-2008, 11:05 AM
We'll be seeing this question put to the test soon, in NC's 4th district, after BJ Lawson whupps Augustus Cho tomorrow!

TruthAtLast
05-05-2008, 11:13 AM
funny how they want us to "unify" around McCain, but they aren't willing to unify around other Republican candidates.

This party is no longer Republican and they need to change their name. I don't think most people realize really what this party has become or what it once stood for. We are loyal to ideals. We only call them "Republican" ideals because the party DID stand for them at one time. But the Republican party is just a party.... that's it. And most toe-the-line party members are loyal to a party, not to ideals. That is the ONE THING that none of the party leaders understand about Ron Paul supporters. They want us to be loyal to the party and we refuse to unless the party is loyal to its true convictions. Otherwise being a "Republican" is absolutely meaningless.

I do hope we can take it back and return our ideals to the party, but whether we can or can't is nearly irrelevant in the big picture. The fact is that many Ron Paul supporters have made the paradigm shift. They now realize what it is we stand for and whether it is the Republican party or some other party in the future, it really doesn't matter. We will stand for and VOTE for whomever supports our core beliefs. Heck, if Ron Paul was a Democrat, you had better believe I'd be voting Democrat. The party itself means nothing.

speciallyblend
05-05-2008, 11:16 AM
I have a feeling they won't. For them to "win" they cannot have a split in the party. Overall, they may be more willing to write off those seats and spend the money on limiting the overall damage. Bush has made certain that the GOP will lose the majority of the gains made over the last decade. There really isn't much they can do to change the democratic Majority and the chances that McCain actaully wins is slim to none. There safest bet is to not allow factions by limiting who they support and then attempt a massive attempt at a takeover in 2012.

if they try this,then the gop is truly dead:) and ill help;)

idiom
05-05-2008, 11:17 AM
A lot of the career politicians will rally around the RP Republicans as soon as they see money rolling in.

speciallyblend
05-05-2008, 11:18 AM
funny how they want us to "unify" around McCain, but they aren't willing to unify around other Republican candidates.

This party is no longer Republican and they need to change their name. I don't think most people realize really what this party has become or what it once stood for. We are loyal to ideals. We only call them "Republican" ideals because the party DID stand for them at one time. But the Republican party is just a party.... that's it. And most toe-the-line party members are loyal to a party, not to ideals. That is the ONE THING that none of the party leaders understand about Ron Paul supporters. They want us to be loyal to the party and we refuse to unless the party is loyal to its true convictions. Otherwise being a "Republican" is absolutely meaningless.

I do hope we can take it back and return our ideals to the party, but whether we can or can't is nearly irrelevant in the big picture. The fact is that many Ron Paul supporters have made the paradigm shift. They now realize what it is we stand for and whether it is the Republican party or some other party in the future, it really doesn't matter. We will stand for and VOTE for whomever supports our core beliefs. Heck, if Ron Paul was a Democrat, you had better believe I'd be voting Democrat. The party itself means nothing.

I SECOND THAT;)

speciallyblend
05-05-2008, 11:20 AM
I think they may, and some may disagree, but I think they may if the Ron Paul connection isn't quite so "in their face."

no the gop did that ,we did not;) the gop has been the ones pushing this image of Ron Paul and supporters,of course they ran 10 candidates to marginalize Ron Paul message. Don't blame the msm, BLAME THE CORRUPT GOP LEADERS and all the blinding non thinking sheeple

SWATH
05-05-2008, 11:48 AM
Will the GOP support the Republican platform? No they will not.

liberteebell
05-05-2008, 11:51 AM

+2008 :cool:

acptulsa
05-05-2008, 11:53 AM
Will the GOP support the Republican platform? No they will not.

Obviously not. What was the name of that neocon who was run against Dr. Paul in Texas' Fourteenth and what was the size of his neocon budget? Does anyone really think he got that from that district or any grassroots?

Who laid down the gauntlet?