PDA

View Full Version : Possible good idea for spreading the word.

LastoftheMohicans
08-22-2007, 03:49 PM
I had an idea for spreading the word. It is something I've done in the past. Go to your local library. Find any liberty oriented book. It could be an economics book, a book by some conservative author, or a biography on one of the founding fathers. Stick some Ron Paul literature in the book. Somewhere near the first few pages. This will both target your audience and may also reach people that like reading and/or politics but don't use the internet.

Dustancostine
08-22-2007, 03:57 PM
A member of our meetup group does this at Barnes and Nobles.

LastoftheMohicans
08-22-2007, 05:39 PM
I've never done that. I don't thinks its ethical to put info. in someone's else's property. Theoretically, each resident of a town "owns" the public library books. But I guess each individual has to decide for his or herself

McDermit
08-22-2007, 07:41 PM
People do it with religious info.. and I've found dollar bills in books before. What's the harm?

Also, you could probably put a few cards in bibles/psalm books in churches if you wanted...

MalcolmGandi
08-24-2007, 01:45 AM
Our freedom is at stake and you are concerned with the morality of putting cards in books? This is a revolution!

Todd
08-30-2007, 12:48 PM
I see that its unethical, but no one's lying stealing or killing anyone and it is about the future. I don't see any harm in it other than a the librarians getting testy.

dirknb@hotmail.com
08-30-2007, 09:34 PM
The exposure far outweighs the chance of a negative reaction. Some people who may not like it will check him out and then understand. The others probably would never vote for RP anyway. It's all marketing. Get his name out there, everywhere you can. Even negative publicity can be beneficial at times.

Nefertiti
08-31-2007, 05:02 AM
Just use acid-free paper!

Seriously, have some Ron Paul bookmarks made up, then it is more logical.

Another thing you should do is contact your local library and ask them to order a copy of Ron Paul's Foreign Policy of Freedom. I did that with my university library here.

dirknb@hotmail.com
08-31-2007, 12:14 PM
Just use acid-free paper!

Seriously, have some Ron Paul bookmarks made up, then it is more logical.

Another thing you should do is contact your local library and ask them to order a copy of Ron Paul's Foreign Policy of Freedom. I did that with my university library here.

Good idea about the bookmarks