PDA

View Full Version : Guess who wrote this?

Dustancostine
05-04-2008, 04:19 PM
Let see if anyone can guess who wrote this:

Obviously, Revenue Sharing should be abolished; and so should all federal regulatory agencies, and federal aid to education. After guarantees are made for the government to keep fully its actual commitments to present OASDHI (social security/medicare/medicaid), the Social Security Act as amended should be repealed and all programs operating under it abolished. All federal labor laws should be repealed, and so should all other laws authorizing unconstitutional federal regulating or subsidizing of the affairs of the states or of the people. The jurisdiction of federal courts should be stripped until they are doing only what the Constitution intends them to do.

All foreign aid should be stopped. Our participation in multi-nation pacts, such as the NATO agreement and the UN Charter, should be formally terminated. Our troops should be withdrawn from foreign lands, and our armed forces trimmed down to such a size as is needed for the defense of our homeland. We should return not only to traditional American foreign policy, but also to traditional diplomatic procedures in the handling of our foreign affairs.

Not all, or perhaps any, of this could be done abruptly; but it could be done on a timetable comparable to the "all deliberate speed" schedule which the Supreme Court established for overturning our established social order. As each federal law or program is abolished, the federal bureaucracy and federal taxation should be instantly trimmed down accordingly. This would leave in the states enough money for the people to carry on immediately, either privately or through their local and state governments, any desired services comparable to the federal services terminated. The states would actually have more money for such purposes than the federal government is now providing, because the excessive surcharge of federal administration would be eliminated. Nothing is more ludicrous and wasteful than the round-trip practice of taking our money to Washington in order to return to us a portion of it, wrapped in federal controls.

It is thrilling to think of what a free American people would do if they would get the federal government off their backs. There would be private building, producing, buying, selling, expanding, and creating of new job opportunities of all sorts; creating of private schools, colleges, and research laboratories; building of private hospitals, nursing homes, and medical-care facilities of all other kinds.

All of this could be done readily, if the Presidency and both Houses of Congress were controlled by genuine constitutionalist (their party labels making no difference). Yet, thinking in such terms is a daydream. We presently have absolutely no chance to elect a President or a majority of Senators who would even want to restore genuine constitutional government. The Presidency and the Senate, and elections for them, are controlled by the powerful array of forces, including the mighty power of illicit government itself, determined to maintain all-powerful government and make it even bigger and more powerful.

For a long time, constitutionalist have been wasting their time and money trying to elect a good President or good Senators, knowing all along their efforts were doomed to failure. At the same time, they have been neglecting the one political effort that could save the Republic and restore constitutional government. That is, electing the only federal officials that the Constitution ever intended for them to elect directly: members of the U.S. House of Representatives.

By concentrating their time, money, thought, and physical energy in their own congressional districts, people could find, train, and elect real constitutionalist to send to the House. Within the limits of a congressional district, they could organize a campaign to bypass the media and all other forces that now exert controlling influence on statewide or nationwide elections.

A House of Representatives, controlled by constitutionalist and supported by the people, could restore constitutional government, even if the Senate, the President and the Supreme Court fought it all the way. Restoring constitutional government would be slower if the House had to do it all, against the opposition of the Senate and the other two branches of government; but it could be done. Only the House of Representatives can initiate revenue bills. The House, all by itself, could not shoot down the Food Stamp Program; but the House, all by itself, could starve it to death.

The solution to restoring the Constitution is as simple as that. It will require time, effort, and sacrifice to accomplish it, true. But not as much as it cost our Founding Fathers to win the blessings of liberty for us in the first place.

The One
05-04-2008, 04:42 PM
I'm not sure, but judging from the writing style, I can say with absolute certainty that it was not Aratus.

Aratus
05-04-2008, 04:43 PM
barry goldwater? the great society legislation is either in place or about to be?

MS0453
05-04-2008, 04:51 PM
No idea, but my guess is that it'll be someone shocking.

Dustancostine
05-04-2008, 04:51 PM
barry goldwater? the great society legislation is either in place or about to be?

Not Barry Goldwater but a good guess.

No idea, but my guess is that it'll be someone shocking.

Not really shocking. But not Ron Paul.

Aratus
05-04-2008, 04:54 PM
john mccain? in his early years as he starts to run for public office???

Dustancostine
05-04-2008, 04:55 PM
john mccain? in his early years as he starts to run for public office???

Nope.

Dustancostine
05-04-2008, 04:56 PM
Hint. Congressman and a Medical Doctor.

sophocles07
05-04-2008, 04:56 PM
Lawrence McDonald

IPSecure
05-04-2008, 04:57 PM
Dr. Newt?

Aratus
05-04-2008, 04:58 PM
i have one more guess! i'm tempted to say ron paul anyway, however i will hold back my guess until tomorrow

Dustancostine
05-04-2008, 05:00 PM
Lawrence McDonald

You get the cookie.

Congressman Lawrence P. McDonald (D) Georgia, wrote that as the concluding chapter of his book "We Hold These Truths: A Reverent View of the U.S. Constitution" in 1976.

He was also a great friend of Ron Paul and shortly the Chairman of The John Birch Society before his death on KAL 007(some say by conspirators).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence_McDonald

I just got finished reading his book and it was incredible. Just a little education for the day.

--Dustan

IPSecure
05-04-2008, 05:07 PM
Quotations by Larry McDonald

* "We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box."

* "The drive of the Rockefellers and their allies is to create a one-world government combining supercapitalism and communism under the same tent, all under their control...Do I mean conspiracy? Yes I do. I am convinced there is such a plot, international in scope, generations old in planning, and incredibly evil in intent."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_McDonald

lucius
05-04-2008, 05:24 PM
Big fan of Congressman McDonald, here is his 1983 Crossfire interview: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3100752722910819372&q=mcdonald+on+crossfire+1983&ei=t0QeSO25GoO8rwLSw_W6Ag&hl=en

Is his "We Hold These Truths: A Reverent View of the U.S. Constitution" online?

Dustancostine
05-04-2008, 05:32 PM
Big fan of Congressman McDonald, here is his 1983 Crossfire interview: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3100752722910819372&q=mcdonald+on+crossfire+1983&ei=t0QeSO25GoO8rwLSw_W6Ag&hl=en

Is his "We Hold These Truths: A Reverent View of the U.S. Constitution" online?

No it is not unfortunately. I had to buy my copy off of ebay for $40. Amazon sellers are selling it anywhere from $33 to $181. It is very hard to find. Usually there is only a couple of copies on the internet for sale. I buy them occasionally when I find them at good prices to give to other friends of liberty.

BTW: It has the same cover art (The signing of the Declaration of Independence by John Trumbull).

Here is one for sale:

http://www.amazon.com/We-Hold-These-Truths-Constitution/dp/0963280910/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1209943897&sr=8-5

BTW Lucius: Just got finished reading Philip Dru, very disturbing.

lucius
05-04-2008, 06:20 PM
No it is not unfortunately. I had to buy my copy off of ebay for $40. Amazon sellers are selling it anywhere from $33 to $181. It is very hard to find. Usually there is only a couple of copies on the internet for sale. I buy them occasionally when I find them at good prices to give to other friends of liberty.

BTW: It has the same cover art (The signing of the Declaration of Independence by John Trumbull).

Here is one for sale:

http://www.amazon.com/We-Hold-These-Truths-Constitution/dp/0963280910/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1209943897&sr=8-5

BTW Lucius: Just got finished reading Philip Dru, very disturbing.

Thank you! I just got a copy.

About Philip Dru, House was a terrible writer, but shocking content when you realize what power that man wielded behind the scenes, he pretty much described FDR's entire 'New Deal' 20 years before it happened, a real eye-opener for me--it dispels much of that false 'randomness of history' paradigm. That book was almost completely censored for 40 years until, I think, the JBS reprinted it.

pcosmar
05-04-2008, 06:35 PM
Congressman Lawrence P. McDonald (D)
I saw an interview with him. Good stuff. A Conservative Democrat.

Further proof that "R" and "D" make no difference. That is why I remain an Independent Voter.