PDA

View Full Version : Called out at our local GOP meeting yesterday

Adam Smith
05-04-2008, 03:41 PM
Hey, All. I'm posting this sort of in response to the thread about upcoming state conventions and strategies.

The Georgia State Republican Convention is May 16-17. During our monthly County GOP breakfast yesterday, our county Chairman addressed Ron Paul supporters specifically (there were two of us there, so yeah, we're hugely influential, ha).

He said that he had heard that Ron Paul supporters were going to stage a protest or something at the convention (not true, but more on that later). He then said that while he appreciated our dedication and all of our volunteer effort, we needed to get over "it" because our man lost, just like a lot of other people's first choice candidates, and it was now time to show unity of support for McCain. That means no speaking out against Bush or trying to push controversial resolutions through.

The chairman is always very sweet to me and has been from the start. I feel pretty sure he was told by our District Chair or some other Higher-Up to crack down on us. I told him after the meeting let out that if he wanted to talk to me about it, he had my number and my door was open, but all he could focus on was "Get behind McCain. We will be unified."

They are scared of what we might say or do and are trying to shut us out. (Out of a possible 70ish delegates/alternates that could've been elected at the District Conventions only one of us made it to National Convention) But instead of saying they want to shut us out risking losing our support over the long term, they buy time by saying things like, "nobody goes to national unless they've been in the party for years," or "nothing gets decided at convention, it's just a big party," or "in a few years or so you'll be in charge and can do those things you're talking about doing, just not now," and such.

matthylland
05-04-2008, 03:55 PM
We had the exact same "talk" with the chair of our county GOP....

Maybe a message went out from somewhere to all these people!

MozoVote
05-04-2008, 03:59 PM
Even the people being completely shut out, are getting a first hand political education that could never be obtained from years of watching the McNews.

I've followed the primary season fairly well since I was a teenager - but never did really understand how delegates are selected, or what they do, or how political parties function off-camera.

RonPaulVolunteer
05-04-2008, 03:59 PM
We need to get these people the book.

ItsTime
05-04-2008, 04:02 PM
or a constitution.

We need to get these people the book.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
05-04-2008, 05:04 PM
Maybe a message went out from somewhere to all these people!

What's funny is that much of it is propaganda from the top down. Look out!! Those Ron Paul people are going to come try to participate in the political process. Beware of anyone who isn't doing or saying exactly what we tell them to!

slacker921
05-04-2008, 05:34 PM
I'll be ready when they pull this on me.. do some research into how well McCain and his supporters got behind Bush the last go-round. Yah.. what comes around goes around. This whole "unify behind our chosen man" myth is new and brought on because they've got some opposition that looks like it's growing.

cjhowe
05-04-2008, 05:44 PM
I could have sworn that McCain lost Georgia as well. Maybe they should get over it.

JS4Pat
05-04-2008, 05:51 PM
or a constitution.

The book and the constitution are almost interchangeable. :)

Fields
05-04-2008, 06:39 PM
or a constitution.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=135310

Thomas_Paine
05-04-2008, 06:50 PM
sometimes I wonder to myself, does the establishment really expect us to believe their tripe?

angelatc
05-04-2008, 07:12 PM
. I told him after the meeting let out that if he wanted to talk to me about it, he had my number and my door was open, but all he could focus on was "Get behind McCain. We will be unified."

Just smile and nod!

Adam Smith
05-04-2008, 07:24 PM
I could have sworn that McCain lost Georgia as well. Maybe they should get over it.

You're right. Huckabee won Georgia overall. McCain only got 30% here.

Georgia's delegates to National are selected at District and State Conventions. Each of the 13 Congressional Districts in Georgia holds a convention to elect 3 delegates who vote for whichever candidate won that district, and then there are 30 delegates picked at the State convention who are bound to vote for whoever won the state at large.

In my district Huckabee won, so our three delegates are currently "bound" to vote for him in round one at National. And he hasn't released them to vote for McCain either, despite his being out of the race and throwing his support to McCain.

torchbearer
05-04-2008, 07:33 PM
or these chairmen fucking robots?
Do not one of them have a fucking mind of their own?

WTF!

Hearing that shit would make me that more fired up to start some shit.
What is this.. kindergarten?

Disrespect was just handed to you on a plate of shit. Are you going to eat it?

rmodel65
05-04-2008, 07:45 PM
i need a floor to sleep on at the ga convention :P . im gonna try and find someone to ride with

Adam Smith
05-04-2008, 08:04 PM
or these chairmen fucking robots?
Do not one of them have a fucking mind of their own?

WTF!

Hearing that shit would make me that more fired up to start some shit.
What is this.. kindergarten?

Disrespect was just handed to you on a plate of shit. Are you going to eat it?

I hear you, torchbearer, but I didn't feel disrespected, honestly. I mean "Eat Shit" has been the GOP theme song this entire past year. Gimme a sec and I'll explain:

I'm a 36 year old lifelong Republican. I've had to endure the scorn of "my people" for going on a year now. By my people I mean Rush, Hannity, Neil Boortz, Local AM Radio Talk Show Hosts, Redstate.com, townhall.com, Wall Street Journal, Michelle Malkin, Bill O'Reilly, the entire Fox News Network, CNBC, National, State and local Party GOP leadership and membership.

For you all who just signed on to this game, I'll tell you up front this whole experience has been like going through the early stages of divorce. The whole denial, anger, acceptance thing came full circle at my District Convention 3 weeks ago where I had to sit there and be told by a sympathetic member of a Nominating Committee that he admired RP and how principled he was, but he was on the wrong side of the issues on the war, drugs, and gays. And so, by default, I could just forget any delusions I had about being nominated for National, because it wasn't going to happen.

Did I mention this came after enduring another person insulting all Ron Paul supporters in front of me so bad that I had to speak up and tell him, "You know, I'm the District Coordinator for Ron Paul's campaign."

So...

Being called out in front of 40 people, told to get in line behind McCain, and not to make any trouble at the state convention is not anything to get me riled up anymore. In my mind, it's like the cry of a injured animal. I can either walk over and give aid to that animal knowing it will fight me the whole time, or I can leave it alone to die.

In the end, I'm the one with the power, whether the GOP Chairman knows it or not.

torchbearer
05-04-2008, 08:12 PM
I hear you, torchbearer, but I didn't feel disrespected, honestly. I mean "Eat Shit" has been the GOP theme song this entire past year. Gimme a sec and I'll explain:

I'm a 36 year old lifelong Republican. I've had to endure the scorn of "my people" for going on a year now. By my people I mean Rush, Hannity, Neil Boortz, Local AM Radio Talk Show Hosts, Redstate.com, townhall.com, Wall Street Journal, Michelle Malkin, Bill O'Reilly, the entire Fox News Network, CNBC, National, State and local Party GOP leadership and membership.

For you all who just signed on to this game, I'll tell you up front this whole experience has been like going through the early stages of divorce. The whole denial, anger, acceptance thing came full circle at my District Convention 3 weeks ago where I had to sit there and be told by a sympathetic member of a Nominating Committee that he admired RP and how principled he was, but he was on the wrong side of the issues on the war, drugs, and gays. And so, by default, I could just forget any delusions I had about being nominated for National, because it wasn't going to happen.

Did I mention this came after enduring another person insulting all Ron Paul supporters in front of me so bad that I had to speak up and tell him, "You know, I'm the District Coordinator for Ron Paul's campaign."

So...

Being called out in front of 40 people, told to get in line behind McCain, and not to make any trouble at the state convention is not anything to get me riled up anymore. In my mind, it's like the cry of a injured animal. I can either walk over and give aid to that animal knowing it will fight me the whole time, or I can leave it alone to die.

In the end, I'm the one with the power, whether the GOP Chairman knows it or not.

You my man, impress me. I hope your confidence shines upon those who surround you. If so, you may find yourself chairman very soon.

Adam Smith
05-04-2008, 08:39 PM
You my man, impress me. I hope your confidence shines upon those who surround you. If so, you may find yourself chairman very soon.

I feel bad because I don't call myself Adam SmithETTE, or something girly, because the name continually causes confusion on RPF, but I am a female, Torchbearer. I just happened to like Adam Smith's Wealth of Nations when I first read it in high school. That's how I got interested in economics, and then politics.

Anyway, if they want to make me "chairman" I would still consider it an honor.

torchbearer
05-04-2008, 08:56 PM
I feel bad because I don't call myself Adam SmithETTE, or something girly, because the name continually causes confusion on RPF, but I am a female, Torchbearer. I just happened to like Adam Smith's Wealth of Nations when I first read it in high school. That's how I got interested in economics, and then politics.

Anyway, if they want to make me "chairman" I would still consider it an honor.

You my WOman, impress me. Your gender was not even a consideration is the reading of your thoughts.

Bruno
05-04-2008, 09:07 PM
What's funny is that much of it is propaganda from the top down. Look out!! Those Ron Paul people are going to come try to participate in the political process. Beware of anyone who isn't doing or saying exactly what we tell them to!

Funny and encouraging. If they weren't scared, and if the past state conventions didn't get their attention, then the OP wouldn't have has this discussion and others wouldn't have had also.

Knowing this provides time to change strategies for the remaining states, such as electing a new chair for the state conventions immediately as soon as the meeting begins, as some have suggested.

The GOP is quaking in their boots - I really don't think that is a metaphor - there seems to be some serious worry out there that the house of McCain cards they have built will come crashing down.

acroso
05-04-2008, 09:14 PM
The GOP has been so rude to Ron Paul people I see no reason not to vote for Obama if you live in a swing state. Otherwise give your vote to third parties.

pinkmandy
05-04-2008, 09:39 PM
The GOP has been so rude to Ron Paul people I see no reason not to vote for Obama if you live in a swing state. Otherwise give your vote to third parties.

Absolutely give it to a 3rd party or write in RP! Vote for Obama or any other "front runner" and TPTB have no idea just how many of us REFUSE to buy into their crap anymore. You're just another Dem voting Dem. Drive people to vote for a 3rd party candidate so they can see the numbers for themselves, just how many people are fed up with the status quo. That gets their attention.

WRellim
05-04-2008, 11:12 PM
But instead of saying they want to shut us out risking losing our support over the long term, they buy time by saying things like, "nobody goes to national unless they've been in the party for years," or "nothing gets decided at convention, it's just a big party," or "in a few years or so you'll be in charge and can do those things you're talking about doing, just not now," and such.

Actually virtually all of the statements you quote in that last paragraph are pretty much true:

"nobody goes to national unless they've been in the party for years,"

I would say it's an exaggeration to say NOBODY... but as a general rule, the national convention (i.e. fancy kegger & brown-nosing festival) is seen as a "reward" for long-term work "in the trenches."

"nothing gets decided at convention, it's just a big party,"

Um, this is pretty much the truth. Look back on what the "platform" was from 2000... NO nation building, etc... the whole thing is a joke. Also if you read the Call document, the 2004 convention decided that the the state parties should PUBLICIZE the entire "delegate" process -- literally, it ordered the state and local parties to take out prominent advertising (something like requiring an ad in a statewide paper or something) with the goal of getting the GENERAL PUBLIC involved in the delegate selection process... Did any of that happen? So did any of what the 2004 convention "decided" matter???

"in a few years or so you'll be in charge and can do those things you're talking about doing, just not now,"

Also true. AND THIS IS WHAT MATTERS! If you want to make sure the "Chairman" is a fair and objective arbitrator and runs a clean process... BECOME the Chairman. It is the ONLY WAY to guarantee that.

Also... in a "few years or so" (next spring, IMHO... after McCain virtually KILLS the party) you will be able to turn the OTHER things that are being said (the "you're on the wrong side of the war issue, etc.") around 180 degrees and aim them RIGHT BACK at these folks... basically telling THEM where the door is (if they are even still in the room).

"Taking Over" an organization is a slow process... with the exception of the "perpetual clique" groups (rarer now than years ago, because people move around more nowadays) -- it really only takes a few years (1 to 3 normally) in order to "replace" people on boards, etc -- simply because NOT that many people WANT those jobs (a lot of the "old hands" have been there, done that and don't want to do it again) -- so when via attrition, the current "crew" moves, retires, gets jailed, promoted, or "dies-off" -- well openings will occur... and if you are still around, the job will be yours for the taking.

And THEN, you (we) CAN change things. :cool:

But trying to do it all at once, and during a major campaign year... may as well buy that LOTTO ticket... or bet your campaign donations on the Kentucky Derby... :D

Akus
05-04-2008, 11:20 PM
Hey, All. I'm posting this sort of in response to the thread about upcoming state conventions and strategies.

The Georgia State Republican Convention is May 16-17. During our monthly County GOP breakfast yesterday, our county Chairman addressed Ron Paul supporters specifically (there were two of us there, so yeah, we're hugely influential, ha).

He said that he had heard that Ron Paul supporters were going to stage a protest or something at the convention (not true, but more on that later). He then said that while he appreciated our dedication and all of our volunteer effort, we needed to get over "it" because our man lost, just like a lot of other people's first choice candidates, and it was now time to show unity of support for McCain. That means no speaking out against Bush or trying to push controversial resolutions through.

The chairman is always very sweet to me and has been from the start. I feel pretty sure he was told by our District Chair or some other Higher-Up to crack down on us. I told him after the meeting let out that if he wanted to talk to me about it, he had my number and my door was open, but all he could focus on was "Get behind McCain. We will be unified."

They are scared of what we might say or do and are trying to shut us out. (Out of a possible 70ish delegates/alternates that could've been elected at the District Conventions only one of us made it to National Convention) But instead of saying they want to shut us out risking losing our support over the long term, they buy time by saying things like, "nobody goes to national unless they've been in the party for years," or "nothing gets decided at convention, it's just a big party," or "in a few years or so you'll be in charge and can do those things you're talking about doing, just not now," and such.
i hope you told him that you're not "taking over" but rather returning a party to what it used to be. McCain is disliked, I am sure even in the die hard GOP crew, but they are all for him because they do not believe there is another choice....

Grandson of Liberty
05-04-2008, 11:24 PM
sometimes I wonder to myself, does the establishment really expect us to believe their tripe?

It's not us the establishment is worried about. . .it's the millions of Americans they are trying to keep in the dark as long as they can. If they see the light, the establishment is seriously doomed.

RPLiberty1
05-04-2008, 11:25 PM
I have posted this tactic in another thread but I think it can be used effectively in the OPs situation.

Explain to those who are trying to oppress the message of Dr. Paul that they are turning the Eleventh Commandment on it's ear. They are the reason the 11th was created. The 11th does not apply to conservatives trying to return the party to its roots.

http://www.enterstageright.com/archive/articles/0402/0402eleventhcommandment.htm

The "Eleventh Commandment"
By David C. Wilcox
web posted April 8, 2002
During Ronald Reagan's 1966 campaign for governor of California, Republicans established the so-called Eleventh Commandment: "Thou shalt not speak ill of any fellow Republican."
It was proposed by State Republican Chairman Gaylord Parkinson to help prevent a repeat of the liberal Republican assault on Barry Goldwater that laid the foundation for Goldwater's trouncing in the 1964 presidential election. Just as Nelson Rockefeller and his East Coast cronies had branded Goldwater as an "extremist" who was unfit to hold office, so candidate George Christopher and California's liberal Republicans were leveling similar personal attacks on Reagan. Party liberals eventually followed Parkinson's advice, and the rest is history.
Fast forward to March 5, 2002.
While it wasn't the only factor, failure to observe the Eleventh Commandment undoubtedly played a role in the unprecedented implosion of Richard Riordan's gubernatorial campaign in California. It was déjà vu for Republican veterans when, for example, in the death throes of his failed campaign, Riordan invoked the ghosts of Rockefeller and Christopher by branding Bill Simon as an "extremist." Following suit, Gray Davis invoked the ghosts of Lyndon Johnson and Pat Brown by repeating Riordan's charge.
Although Sheriff Lee Baca (a registered Republican) won in a non-partisan election landslide, about a third of the Republican vote was against him -- a huge number of defections by anyone's standards. As with Riordan, his serial violations of the Eleventh Commandment played a role.
Too frequently for their fellow Republicans' tastes, both Riordan and Baca have endorsed, and (in Riordan's case) even financed, Democrats running against their Republican colleagues. What, after all, would constitute a greater violation of the Eleventh Commandment than endorsing a fellow Republican's opponent? How much more ill can one speak of a Republican than saying a Democrat is preferable?
Riordan's conservative "teammates" -- roughly two thirds of the Republicans who voted on March 5th -- answered these questions by sending him to the bench in the March Primary. If Baca ever chooses to run for a partisan office as a Republican, it's likely he'll take a seat next to the former Los Angeles mayor.
It's not that conservatives won't get behind a "moderate." On the contrary, many conservatives joined the Riordan bandwagon early on to maximize the chances of defeating Gray Davis. But, there was always an undercurrent warning that Riordan's endorsement and contribution record left his Republican credentials suspect. The same was true of Baca.
With the declining fortunes of the California Republican Party, like Riordan and Baca, many elected Republican officials have gone out of their way to curry favor of Democrats. Displaying no sense of Party loyalty, numerous Republican City Council members, for example, often contribute money and endorsements to help Democrats. The March 2002 Primary should serve as a wakeup call, strongly suggesting that they should give teamwork a chance rather than thinking only of themselves.
To defend themselves, such "Republicans" often attempt to turn the Eleventh Commandment on its ear. They charge any Republican who dares criticize them for supporting a Democrat with an Eleventh Commandment transgression.
Is this expected to pass as rational thought?
Sometimes they claim that they "vote for the person, not the party," or they are independent minded, or they are original thinkers. Horse feathers!
Politicians never register with a political party without calculating the value in doing so. The honest thing for an elected official who wants to pick and choose candidates from both Republican and Democrat slates would be to register with no party specified.
Many voters indeed find some of their ideas in both parties and, as a consequence, split their ballots between Democrats and Republicans. They do so in the privacy of the voting booth, and it's their right to do so. They're doing their civic duty to the best of their ability. But, they are not using the prestige of an elected office to influence large numbers of voters at the expense of their colleagues.
Most serious politicians realize that choosing no political party is a non-starter that would severely restrict their chances of being elected to higher office. Belonging to either of the major political parties is a huge advantage in seeking partisan office, because minor parties rarely elect major candidates.
Thus, Republican loyalists are justified in expecting elected officials either to support their Party's candidates or to simply remain silent. An elected Republican who repeatedly violates the Eleventh Commandment by publicly endorsing a Democrat over a fellow Party member is pursuing a self-destructive course. As the March 2002 Primary results show, Golden State Republican voters will eventually impose the Golden Rule.

Highland
05-04-2008, 11:30 PM

really....explain....I'm interested.

RPLiberty1
05-04-2008, 11:40 PM
Read the article I have posted. The eleventh commandment was created when liberal republicans talked bad about Goldwater to the point that he was called a radical kook. It was created when Reagan was running for governor so what happened to Goldwater was not to be allowed. It is happening now to Dr. Paul. Ask those who oppose Dr. Paul if they are trying to move the party to the left by supporting McCain (the most liberal republican candidate yet). Then give them this list:

As the "4th branch" of the government, we the people are responsible to know who we're voting for and hold them accountable.

The leaders in our party have decide to support the most liberal republican candidate ever

He turns to the Kennedys, Feingolds and Liebermans not as a last resort, but as a first.
1. McCain-Kennedy (Amnesty of Illegals)
2. McCain-Lieberman (50 cents tax on a gallon of gas)
3. McCain-Fiengold (limited free-speech rights of advocacy groups 30 days primary 60 days general – no advertising of vote record, the target was Pro-Life groups and 2nd Amendment groups)
4. Voted AGAINST President Bush's tax Cuts (He called them tax-cuts for the rich)
5. F - rating from Gun Owners of America C- rating from NRA
6. Total support for the Global Warming scam.
7. Wants to implement a carbon cap and trade system in US thereby destroying the US economy
8. Wants to bail-out those who got a sub-prime loan with tax-payer money. Many of these were illegal alien or lied (Fraud) on their loan applications.
9. Voted YES on loosening restrictions on cell phone wiretapping. (Oct 2001)
10. Opposed making English as our official language – supports bilingual education
11. FactCheck: McCain said-- he needed economics education. (Jan 2008) -- then he denied it.
12. Will stay at war for 100 years

His Mom doesn’t think he can unite the party From http://www.ontheissues.org/default.htm
Q: [to Roberta McCain, John's mother]: How much support do you think he has among the base of the Republican Party?
R. McCAIN: I don't think he has any. Maybe I don't know enough about it, but I've not seen any help whatsoever.
Q: So can he then go on and become the nominee of this party?
R. McCAIN: Yes, I think holding their nose they're going to have to take him.

He is losing the base - look at PA - - 28% didn’t vote for him…04/22/08

London An invitation sent out by the campaign says the luncheon will be held at Spencer House, St. James's Place, "by kind permission of Lord Rothschild OM GBE and the Hon Nathaniel Rothschild."

McCain was also part of the Gang of 14 which prevented a rules change that would have stopped unconstitutional filibusters on judicial nominations

Keating 5 - [In 1987,] McCain, along with four Democratic senators, met with the Federal Home Loan Bank Board, to inquire about the regulatory agency's two-year investigation into Charles Keating's Lincoln Savings & Loan. Each senator had taken bundles of campaign money from Keating in the past, totaling $1.4 million. Soon afterward, the senators were accused of improperly pressuring the regulators, which they hotly disputed.
There the story might have ended, except that over 1,000 Savings & Loan institutions were busy collapsing, none larger than Lincoln Savings & Loan, whose failure would eventually cost taxpayers more than $3 billion. Keating's behavior would end in convictions for fraud, racketeering, and conspiracy. Of the five senators, McCain had had by far the closest relationship with Keating.

POW hearings headed by McCain – McCain opposed all attempts or projects to find MIAs

papajohn56
05-05-2008, 03:09 AM
Why would anyone who is a Paul supporter vote for Obama, who has completely different political ideals. Vote third party, or write in.

Menthol Patch
05-05-2008, 04:55 AM

rockandrollsouls
05-05-2008, 05:10 AM
I'm so sick of hearing about this. YOU tell THEM they hijacked OUR party. Reagan campaigned for Paul, Goldwater is a Paul supporter, and WE are the real Republicans and they should unite behind US.

moostraks
05-05-2008, 08:52 AM
Sorry to hear about your experience in Georgia. I will be leaving the state this summer, hopefully for good this time. What you described seems to be Georgia's stance as they are using the same playbook for the district I belong to : Cobb County Gingrey's district. I think his seat is up this year and I might just hold on long enough to vote that jerk out. Consider it my going away gift...

I think they are mortified that they might look like they can't keep the folks in their party marching to the tune they are playing. I have met a lot of disgruntled republicans here (we must exude Paulness as people approach us and ask...)They just don't want the party to blame Georgia gop folks for being the one's who woke up the naked emperor.

I just can't fathom how we are supposed to take them seriously when they are the ones who told us how evil McCain was and then they give their disclaimer, you know I would have voted for someone else who could make better decisions but the party has chosen so lets all cheer for McCain crap.... If there are so many of us who feel that way then why are we not using the power our forefathers gave us to right the wrong that is apparently occuring? Who did vote this guy in as front-runner because noone seems to care for him? (Dare I say diebold???)

Keep up the good work....I will be taking my efforts to Ohio!!!!

georgiaboy
05-05-2008, 09:47 AM
This is great news, and very telling. There is no such thing as bad press. I'm amazed that a local county chairman actually talked about this at a monthly 'breakfast' social hour.

Georgia, my home state also (as if my moniker wasn't already a dead giveaway) is definitely one of the bellweather states the national GOP looks to to 'lead the party', especially with regard to conservatism, imo. Some of the counties in Georgia boast the highest republican voter turnouts and activism in the country. No surprise that the local party leadership is in damage control mode trying to keep the presumptive nominee propped in place. I sense very much that the vast majority of the Georgia GOP and especially the republican voters are anti-McCain.

A question I keep toying with is - what will it take for the proverbial dam to burst? In other words, what will it take for the principled party members who have bloody mouths from biting their tongues every time someone tells them they need to stick with McCain to get sick of that taste and change their tune to 'any republican but McCain'? I know that there definitely are principled republicans in the ranks out there, and I know that there definitely is a tipping point which I think we're approaching. The leadership knows this too -- that's why they're trying so hard to shore up McCain support.

That's why I'm so proud to be part of this conservative movement in Georgia. In spite of spun perceptions of us as radical, we are helping in so many ways to actually assist in the creation of this tipping point just by showing up and registering ourselves in the minds of the establishment. To me it's awesome that the county chairman felt the need (or better yet, was instructed) to speak directly to Ron Paul folks. Wow! If that's not reinforcement that we're making a difference, I don't know what is. By showing up, we get to be ourselves and shatter perceptions people have been told about us via hearsay or the media. I think the establishment privately has looked at many of us and realized that we are them, that we are in fact polished, well-spoken, intelligent, can follow rules but do expect to be allowed our voice, and that once upon a time they had the same drive for principle that we now do. We've heard comments that we remind old-timers of the Goldwater days -- what a huge compliment!!

I do agree with others in other threads who have stated that the best way to attract principled folks is to espouse conservatism first, candidate second. By getting agreement along policy lines, and intelligently debating in areas of difference, then switching to which remaining candidates best fulfill those principles, you can go a long way. And the 'anyone but McCain', 'Not McCain', 'McCain - Really?', 'You're actually voting McCain?' mantra needs to catch wind in the party. As I think about it, there's only one 'anyone' remaining in the race.

I pray, and to the best of my own time, treasure, and talents, have become active, for those established principled republicans to study the man and principles of Ron Paul, to ignore all the name-calling and 'noise' the media has littered throughout his campaign, and to realize that in keeping with the principles they espouse, he is the best remaining candidate in the field, that conservatives throughout the country did not choose McCain, and courageously stand with us in support of Ron Paul. As this happens, the followers will line up. It is occurring all around us; expect it.

We're approaching the tipping point.

georgiaboy