PDA

View Full Version : Paint the Town "Ron" National Contest!

Mani
08-22-2007, 11:52 AM
I was just invited by the organizer of the Memphis meetup, to join the Paint the Town "Ron" National contest.

Every town/meetup will compete to have the biggest event and best video all in one night.

A bunch of SouthEastern states and all their meetups are already in: TN, MS, AL, (just to name a few) and more from California to NY are joining every day!

I just signed up our Miami group, and they are trying to bring in AS MANY CITIES and states as possible!

Here's the contact info:

Chris H.
chrisholley1975 @ gmail. com (I added unnecessary spaces just in case, to throw off the email spider bots).

Get your local meetup to join!! Let's make this a national event!!

Chris also has the best prices EVER on Yard signs with wire and Tshirts. He's worked out some amazing deals that no one could duplicate and without having to buy in large bulk quantities!

Let's make this event SO BIG THE ENTIRE COUNTRY will be talking about it!

We want this event to be so big the local and national media will have to cover this story.

The memphis group knows what they are doing, in fact, they paint the town Ron once a month, and if you aren't sure how to do it, they'll show you how!

Each one of you is in a town, and you can help make this happen in your area!

Contact Chris now and be a part of this event!

slantedview
08-22-2007, 03:14 PM
Sacramento just did a paint the town Ron event last weekend and the results were great (for just a few people participating). Large banners were hung all over town, including on several freeway overpasses under which tens of thousands of cars pass every day. It was great :)

As you might expect, the banners (at least the ones I drive by) only lasted a few days, but the point was made.

jb4ronpaul
08-22-2007, 03:16 PM
I would like to get Columbus Ohio to participate. Is there a recommended day? It may get more attention if we coordinated together.

Can anyone share what they did, how they did it. What works best. What should we not do?

thanks

slantedview
08-22-2007, 03:27 PM
I would like to get Columbus Ohio to participate. Is there a recommended day? It may get more attention if we coordinated together.

Can anyone share what they did, how they did it. What works best. What should we not do?

thanks
i wasn't there, but i can share the meetup link for the local event that took place:

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/41/calendar/6136932/

njjack
08-22-2007, 04:17 PM
THIS IS GOING TO KICK ASS!

Regardless of who comes in first in the contest the American people win! And it's going to be a whole lot of fun getting the word out. I can't think of a better way to get mainstream media's attention than to have a Ron Paul Revolution coast to coast that will be impossible to ignore.

I urge everyone to pass the word along to fellow meetups. Ron Paul has been able to win over all the activists (regardless of political leanings) across the country. Time to band together and do something amazing or as Memphis would put it "A little less conversation, a little more action!"

Mani
08-22-2007, 05:16 PM

thanks

They haven't picked a day yet, because they are still getting the word out, once they think they have enough cities signed up they'll give out a day. You'll definitely want to do some prep work in the meantime.

Chris said he's working on a "How To" video. Send him an email to sign up your town!

BTW here is their video from a few months ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFSCXIffv1s

Mani
08-23-2007, 04:22 PM
bump. I wont bump like crazy, just want to make sure everyone had a chance to hear about the contest.

chrisholley
08-31-2007, 10:32 AM
We now have 35 cities signed on!! We also have 15 more cities that say they are in but have not joined The National "Paint the Town Ron" Event Organizers (http://ronpaul.meetup.com/848/?gj=sj5) please sign up today!!

rinkuhero
09-01-2007, 05:38 PM
I've two suggestions:

a) I suggest you email each meetup group organizer personally about this idea rather than just asking people to spread the word to their meetup group, it would be more efficient. There are only 700 groups or so, so it shouldn't take more than a few hours.

b) I suggest we have a prize and judges, otherwise it's not clear that it's an actual contest. Notice how well the contest to raise money for the campaign went, because the winning group got to meet Ron Paul. If there were a similar prize for this (perhaps contact the campaign and ask if he could meet with the winning group), people would put a lot more effort into it. For judges, you might just use all the meetup organizers who participated (with the exception that they couldn't vote for their own group).