PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Republicans vs Libertarian Party

dude58677
05-04-2008, 02:01 PM
The libertarians have faltered on principle. The "Libertarian" Sheriff Bill Masters from Colorado enforces the drug war. They don't talk about civil disobedience like Ron Paul does and finally they have been unsuccessful at geting into office. The Ron Paul movement has a few primary winners for the congressional seat. The highest office of any libertarian is Bill Masters.

DrYongrel
05-04-2008, 02:04 PM
There is no "versus." This isn't Yankees vs. Red Sox.

I think the LP is a mediocre party, but that doesn't mean they are our enemies.

Big tent, man. Big tent.

dude58677
05-04-2008, 02:06 PM
There is no "versus." This isn't Yankees vs. Red Sox.

I think the LP is a mediocre party, but that doesn't mean they are our enemies.

Big tent, man. Big tent.

They are not the enemy but their methods for spreading the message have been a failure. The point is is that if we want to spread libertarian ideals the best way is with the Ron Paul Revolution.

tekkierich
05-04-2008, 02:10 PM
I have won my Republican Primary. I just received notice that there will be a Libertarian in the Maryland second congressional race along with me. It is his and his party's right to run, I have no problem with it. We are in agreement with many things. We will focus on our incumbent opposition.

Kap
05-04-2008, 02:16 PM
So because one libertarian votes to support the drug war, they all have lost their principles?

I'm not buying into it. I'd rather have a big tent of people driven to put a stop to the madness. Fight for the Revolution, not each other.

dude58677
05-04-2008, 02:19 PM
So because one libertarian votes to support the drug war, they all have lost their principles?

I'm not buying into it. I'd rather have a big tent of people driven to put a stop to the madness. Fight for the Revolution, not each other.

There was another thread on this very topic that was not posted by me
"Libertarian Party abandons Libertarianism, Constitution".

Kap
05-04-2008, 02:49 PM

What's the point of this though? We should be building a community instead of dividing ourselves over meaingless political parties. Focus on getting the message out and educating the sheep into wolves.

Divided we fall, united we stand.

PennCustom4RP
05-04-2008, 06:00 PM
The office of Sheriff is not a legislative office, does not make law. His job is to enforce laws on the books, whether he agrees with them or not.

Kludge
05-04-2008, 06:02 PM
This thread is ignorant.

dude58677
05-04-2008, 06:06 PM
What's the point of this though? We should be building a community instead of dividing ourselves over meaingless political parties. Focus on getting the message out and educating the sheep into wolves.

Divided we fall, united we stand.

Agreed!

Joe3113
05-04-2008, 06:26 PM
This thread is ignorant.

http://z.about.com/d/animatedtv/1/7/f/F/sp807_The_Jeffersons.jpg

Elwar
05-04-2008, 06:36 PM
I've read Bill Masters' book and he explains quite well the reasons that the Drug War is a terrible thing. He does say that he tells his department that there are more important things to focus on other than drugs but unfortunately his hands are tied when it comes to enforcing the laws that are on the books.

As a Libertarian and a Ron Paul Republican I see no reason to not be both.

mdh
05-04-2008, 07:05 PM

Totally. OP is just exhibiting "troll behavior." ;)

If you have problems with the way the LP has acted (I know I do!) get involved and do something about it instead of whining. So, OP, will I see you in Denver?

mdh
05-04-2008, 07:07 PM

That thread referenced a statement put forth by a gentleman who "resigned" from his office with the LP not even a week later. I'd say that can be called a closed book.

torchbearer
05-04-2008, 07:35 PM
Our enemy would like us to think of ourselves as two factions.
Is the OP our enemy?

kigol
05-04-2008, 07:45 PM
http://z.about.com/d/animatedtv/1/7/f/F/sp807_The_Jeffersons.jpglol

dude58677
05-04-2008, 08:36 PM
Thank you everyone for clearing all this up. I stand corrected.

crazyfacedjenkins
05-04-2008, 11:18 PM
http://z.about.com/d/animatedtv/1/7/f/F/sp807_The_Jeffersons.jpg

hahahhahahahahahhahahah

VTV
05-05-2008, 12:18 AM
I remember getting into a debate with Steve Martin on the Ron Paul worldwide message board where he had a thread "Warning: Is this movement being taken over by radical leftist Libertarians?"

He went on to talk about how only Christians can be part of Ron Paul's movement.

Needless to say as I am not Christian this did not go well.

This movement calls to people from so many different backgrounds. The reason it is not effective is that there are too many people who want to say that they are part of a clique that is "better Ron Paul supporters then that other group of Ron Paul supporters"

Beware people, this is exactly what the Neo-Con's want.

They are united to take away our freedom, yet we bicker constantly on how to protect it. The result?

Ron Paul gets on average 5-8% of the vote when he should be landsliding.

G-Wohl
05-05-2008, 12:32 AM
The fact is that the Libertarian Party, for much longer than the "Ron Paul Republicans", have been fighting for liberty and freedom. There's not much of a difference between the RPRs and the LP other than the semantics. Remember that Ron Paul ran under the LP, and still holds his LP membership card.

If it were up to me, I'd suggest that all RPRs move to the LP, which has a huge tent and already has outlined its party principles which have remained almost entirely unchanged since their conception. I think that the GOP will try to blackout the RPRs just like they did to Ron Paul, and I also think that the GOP is a dead party, a dead cause, and a party leading towards its own internal destruction.

But I still am valued enough to remember my libertarian principles; both parties have a right to coexist. I still think that our movement could be done more effectively, and I think that if the GOP doesn't want the revolution to happen under their tent, then it should happen under the Libertarian Party's. They'd very much welcome it.

As long as we don't hand off the revolution to the religious zealot pseudo-Libertarians (the Constitution Party) I'll remain calm and seated.