PDA

View Full Version : Oregon supporters need to get working

Bradley in DC
08-22-2007, 11:37 AM
http://www.usaelectionpolls.com/2008/candidates/daily-campaign-news/2007-08-21-daily-campaign-news.html

Candidate OR
Rudy Giuliani 16%
Mitt Romney 15%
Fred Thompson 11%
John McCain 8%
Mike Huckabee 3%
Tommy Thompson 2%
Tom Tancredo 1%
Sam Brownback 1%
Ron Paul 1%
Unsure 36%
Other 5%
For all you Romney fans, you can Oregon to your list of states in which your candidate has a lead. Although Giuliani and Romney are in a virtual dead heat, very little can really be made of the numbers because 36% of the responders are unsure and another 5% select "other".

The Unsure and Other combined totals the Giuliani, Romney, and Thompson percentages.

But nevertheless, I still give Romney the props for getting strong here. At the start of all this Primary stuff, Romney had the lowest name recognition of all the top tier candidates so for him to do well in even Oregon is a super boost for him and his campaign.

What the heck is Tommy Thompson still doing in these polls?

Slugg
08-22-2007, 11:50 AM
http://www.usaelectionpolls.com/2008/candidates/daily-campaign-news/2007-08-21-daily-campaign-news.html

Candidate OR
Rudy Giuliani 16%
Mitt Romney 15%
Fred Thompson 11%
John McCain 8%
Mike Huckabee 3%
Tommy Thompson 2%
Tom Tancredo 1%
Sam Brownback 1%
Ron Paul 1%
Unsure 36%
Other 5%
For all you Romney fans, you can Oregon to your list of states in which your candidate has a lead. Although Giuliani and Romney are in a virtual dead heat, very little can really be made of the numbers because 36% of the responders are unsure and another 5% select "other".

The Unsure and Other combined totals the Giuliani, Romney, and Thompson percentages.

But nevertheless, I still give Romney the props for getting strong here. At the start of all this Primary stuff, Romney had the lowest name recognition of all the top tier candidates so for him to do well in even Oregon is a super boost for him and his campaign.

I like the 36% unsure portion...that's nice.

mdh
08-22-2007, 11:56 AM
The Republican poll for West Virginia lists Newt Gingrich, but not Ron Paul. Also, Fred Thompson. Thompson at least has a PEC operating, but does Gingrich even have that? lol.

Eli
08-22-2007, 04:03 PM
I'm from Oregon. Stepping up to the challenge. :)

FreedomLover
08-22-2007, 04:13 PM

Candidate OR
Rudy Giuliani 16%
Mitt Romney 15%
Fred Thompson 11%
John McCain 8%
Mike Huckabee 3%
Tommy Thompson 2%
Tom Tancredo 1%
Sam Brownback 1%
Ron Paul 1%
Unsure 36%
Other 5%

If only we had Romney's millions...

The Unsure percentage is hopeful though.

bbachtung
08-22-2007, 05:24 PM
I've got a Ron Paul 2008 rooftop sign on my car (I commute on I-5 into downtown Portland every morning and evening).

My wife and I plan to attend Hempstalk on September 8th and 9th and hand out RP literature and talk people up (we'll be emphasizing the anti-war, anti-war on drugs, pro-industrial hemp portions of RP's platform).

nexalacer
08-22-2007, 07:53 PM
From what I understand of many of Oregon's laws, most people there like facism. It'd be nice to see proof that this isn't the case.