PDA

View Full Version : Open Carry Litter Pickup -- Covered by Local Media

porcupine
05-04-2008, 11:31 AM
Here is (http://unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Duel+points%3a+Armed+cleanup +draws+mixed+reaction&articleId=3691d05b-66c5-4b5c-aa13-81a2e4b1fd7e) the write-up of it in a local paper.

Here's the Ridleo. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-vr0ZsWQzI)

pcosmar
05-04-2008, 04:22 PM
I have always been in favor of and preferred open carry.
Nothing says deterrent like a visible sidearm.

I like that concealed carry is allowed in some places, but I would prefer that citizens not have to ask permission to go armed anywhere and in any manner.

Dave39168
05-05-2008, 11:53 PM
That was a great idea. Like the guy in the video said your helping promote the idea that it is socially acceptable to carry. And you are also doing something good for the community.

Doktor_Jeep
05-06-2008, 12:23 AM
Now you might think this will scare the sheep and make for bad press.

But as our enemy already knows, to scare people is to cause resentment (also thought bad).

But when you are made to resent, "it" gets its hooks in.

And we can do things like this and get the hooks in.

Remember how mafioso and bikers used to upset the "sensiblities" of the public?

But what are those "sensibilities"?

Yeah, PROGRAMMED. Programmed by people who want control, and nothing but control. Call it the elites, the NWO, or whatever.

This sort of thing will make gun owners just as hated as Mafioso (seen how popular the Sopranos show was?) or Bikers - seen how accepted bikers are these days? (Though honestly you still don't want to cross a hard core outlaw biker I used to know a few of them).

Oh wait gun owners are just as hated, if not more.

Too bad so sad.

The NWO wants to bring the ass. Let's kick it anyway and keep upsetting the sheep until they start to become what they hate. Which is always the case, at least they are led towards independence.

Those brushfires in the mind......

I am thinking about doing a "Jefferson Walk". This is where you get a whole lot of people to take a walk with a gun - at once. Like a parade.

Google Jeffersons statements about taking a walk with your gun and what he meant by that.

I sleep with guns, might as well walk them too.

porcupine
05-06-2008, 01:32 PM
Oh wait gun owners are just as hated, if not more.

I agree with everything you said except for what I quoted above. Gun owners are not hated. There are millions of us and we are proud. More than 3/4 of Americans believe that individuals have the RKBA. This idea that we're hated is a myth, I think.

However, we do have to be careful to create a positive image of gun ownership. The movies and TV give a very bad image, but having good citizens open carry does create a brush fire in their mind, as you put it, and cause them to question the rationality their fears.

TruckinMike
05-10-2008, 03:24 PM
Hey DOktor Jeep...

A "Jefferson Walk" --- Great suggestion!

In order to assure a certain

progress in this reading, consider what hours you have free from the school and the exercises of the school.

Give about two of them, every day, to exercise; for health must not be sacrificed to learning. A strong body

makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to

the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and

others of that nature, are too violent for the body, and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun

therefore be the constant companion of your walks. Never think of taking a book with you. The object of

walking is to relax the mind. You should therefore not permit yourself even to think while you walk; but

divert your attention by the objects surrounding you. Walking is the best possible exercise. Habituate

yourself to walk very far.

We could have Jefferson walks all across the country!! When I get back home -- I'm going on one.

...Heck I'm going on one right now.... but with out the gun.

TMike

New York For Paul
05-11-2008, 09:08 AM
Here is what is happening in Virginia. They are taking their guns and going to restaurants to eat.

Here is what they are fighting against.

"Senator Saslaw couldn't resist showing his elitism, yet again, as he
takes another swipe at gun owners. Saslaw even manages to insult
police officers when he says:"

“What normal person walks around with a gun on your hip? Something’s
wrong in your life if you feel compelled to carry a gun as part of
your daily routine"

"The Virginia Citizens Defense League organized the dinner at Champps
to prove a point: that the presence of armed customers in northern
Virginia restaurants would elicit little more than shrugs."

http://www.newsadvance.com/lna/business/local/article/guns_in_restaurants_draw_stares_but_little_outcry/4722

Doktor_Jeep
05-12-2008, 12:40 AM
"Something’s
wrong in your life if you feel compelled to carry a gun as part of
your daily routine"

Yeah that wrong thing in my life is this government that murders and steals and so I am compelled to take along much firepower everywhere I go. Seeing that I have not done anything to garner the attention of any "teams", the appearance of one on my behalf means that a death warrant was issued.

Dave39168
05-13-2008, 11:42 AM
"Senator Saslaw couldn't resist showing his elitism..... What normal person walks around with a gun on your hip? Something’s wrong in your life if you feel compelled to carry a gun as part of your daily routine"

Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks.
-Thomas Jefferson

Sounds like Senator Saslaw needs a lesson from Thomas Jefferson.