PDA

View Full Version : Would you come to another candidates aid if...

Agent CSL
05-04-2008, 09:34 AM
A theoretical question. Let's say a candidate has been dealt an unfair and completely blatant false accusation. One that even you know is false and it's ruining the other candidate's reputation. The other candidate's campaign is going down and no one is listening to the truth. You've been given 5 minutes on a well-known national TV show to talk about this particular accusation. (You're in a neutral or opposing party.)

Let's say it was McCain... Would you aid him on national TV, try to set the record straight?
Would you be a neutral party and try not to talk about it at all?
Would you follow suit and blast him, even when you know the accusation is wrong?

What if it was Hillary, Obama, or anyone else?

Kotin
05-04-2008, 10:22 AM
i would most certainly.

because as great as it would be to get mcpain good on national television..

we all know what Dr.Paul would do.

Aratus
05-04-2008, 10:42 AM
lets have this as having and being about it having already happened...
were i this year's libertarian party or green party contender, and...

i'm in a debate and looking at poor john mccain... i'd say " Senator, the net-rumor
going around about the FSB release about an old KGB report is pure bunkum! i humbly
apologize to you for the ignorance and idiocy levels in the public at large! when did we
as a people hand KGB the same credence as the wall street journal, the new york times
or the washington post? clearly even if the sourse of this is the actual historic KGB and
there is this EXTREMELY old file somewhere near or in moscow... oh my gawd... want me to
spell out KGB as an acronym and what the letters all mean or what they used to do?"

Aratus
05-04-2008, 10:45 AM
ms. hillary, her indiana guy, and the dubious if not dubbed soundtrack circa 1992 and i just did! todays postings...yes!

Aratus
05-04-2008, 10:47 AM
"o.k barack... you can't have it two ways or can you? i'll cut you a break on your lot and a half variation on whitewatergate...
good ol' chicago, moxie and establishment buy-outs and or otherwise... i actually believe YOUr version of this!"

and i'd do a likewise to the way i just sounded off about mccain's non-existant kgb file and this extremely dubious dubbing session
overlayed on old campaign trail footage that slams low income honest indiana people...

Dustancostine
05-04-2008, 11:20 AM
A theoretical question. Let's say a candidate has been dealt an unfair and completely blatant false accusation. One that even you know is false and it's ruining the other candidate's reputation. The other candidate's campaign is going down and no one is listening to the truth. You've been given 5 minutes on a well-known national TV show to talk about this particular accusation. (You're in a neutral or opposing party.)

Let's say it was McCain... Would you aid him on national TV, try to set the record straight?
Would you be a neutral party and try not to talk about it at all?
Would you follow suit and blast him, even when you know the accusation is wrong?

What if it was Hillary, Obama, or anyone else?

What if it was a plan by said candidate to gain sympathy?

Kind of like that NYT article about McCain and the lobbyist?

TastyWheat
05-04-2008, 11:27 AM
Mostly I would remain neutral. If I was posed the question I would defend the accused and try to set the record straight. I don't make a point of mentioning this a lot, but of all the Barack Obama "character flaw" issues the flag pin thing is the absolute dumbest. I liken that to wearing a livestrong bracelet.

Kludge
05-04-2008, 11:54 AM
Don't talk about other candidates ever - it's stupid.

AutoDas
05-04-2008, 12:06 PM
No, it's free comedy. I love watching the libs and neocons destroy each other.

nate895
05-04-2008, 12:55 PM
I'd stay neutral. They're my opponent, and all is fair in war.