PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul's Publisher Needs to Get its Finger Out - Hurting His Sales!

phixion
05-04-2008, 06:54 AM
How on earth can Ron Paul sustain a solid ranking on Amazon and NYT bestseller list if no-one can buy his damn book - and with a 10 week wait online meaning no-one's gunna bother other than hardcore patient saints i.e. not the type of people who can keep his book selling like hot cakes (the general curious masses).

How could they let it happen?

Why 10 weeks to wait? (Appauling)

Surely it can be done more quickly, isn't this rather URGENT?

grandcentralpublishing@hbgusa.com

Pete

Recession
05-04-2008, 06:59 AM
Many people think its just amazon's system screwing around and it will be available sooner, we will just have to wait and see though I do agree with you

FreeTraveler
05-04-2008, 07:00 AM
FFS, are people NEVER satisfied? Always somebody to tell Dr. Paul how he's screwed things up. Do you honestly think they're not responding to this MASSIVE success in sales as quickly as possible? Do you really think the 10 weeks is an exact reflection on the situation, rather than a standard response to a situation?

If all the experts here were as good at canvassing as they are at running everybody else's business, Dr. Paul would be President and we'd control Congress by now.

slacker921
05-04-2008, 07:24 AM
If all the experts here were as good at canvassing as they are at running everybody else's business, Dr. Paul would be President and we'd control Congress by now.
canvassing by itself doesn't win votes.. we can't put Dr. Paul in the white house just by canvassing. It takes TV appearances, TV ads, radio ads, yard signs, bumper stickers, etc.. etc.. so much of what it requires is out of the hands of the grassroots.

back on topic.. .
The publisher (or someone) did drop the ball on this one and "all the experts" on here did a pretty damn fine job of getting people to buy massive numbers of books in a couple of days.

NightOwl
05-04-2008, 08:40 AM
The publisher (or someone) did drop the ball on this one and "all the experts" on here did a pretty damn fine job of getting people to buy massive numbers of books in a couple of days.

That someone is Amazon. The publisher can't force Amazon to take more copies than it orders. And the 7-10 week claim is nonsense, an Amazon glitch I've explained on these forums.

forsmant
05-04-2008, 08:44 AM
Amazon is just covering their butt when they say seven to ten weeks in case it actually takes that long. That way when people receive it earlier they will be happy.

Crickett
05-04-2008, 09:40 AM
Showing at #55 in USA todays top books as of 5/1

Ninja Homer
05-04-2008, 10:06 AM
If I remember right, I think Ron Paul's previous book also sold out at Amazon, and it only took about a week to get more in stock. The 7-10 weeks, as others have stated, is just a standard time that Amazon displays when they have run out of stock in order to cover their butt.

Limited supply for a short time isn't necessarily a bad thing. It will increase demand, and when it is available again it will jump back up. Also, I think the New York Times best seller list is based a lot on brick & mortar store sales. Since Amazon is out, many will go to their local bookstores asking for it, which may help bump him up on the NYT list, as well as get bookstores to order lots of copies and prominently display them.