PDA

View Full Version : Money and Money Bombs, etc....

kathy88
05-03-2008, 09:07 PM
Paul has agreed to keep on keepin on as long as the enthusiasm and funds continue. He's getting some decent coverage with the book drop. I know money bombs have been attempted after the first big three, and fizzled out.

So let me ask this seriously. If we were to choose a date for another one, how much can everyone kick in? Is everyone maxed? Or can we come up with enough to make another huge shot in Paul's arm?

I can do $100.

Paulitical Correctness
05-03-2008, 09:15 PM
Another moneybomb wouldn't get over $20,000 - and that's probably being generous.

Considering they've still got plenty saved, why not send that $100 over to one of many Ron Paul Republicans currently seeking office instead?

flames2dust77
05-03-2008, 09:24 PM
there are so many different projects asking for money. there was supposed to be a money bomb a couple of days ago(and i'm not talking about the mckinley on either) I would rather donate to the march, and other RP republicans. jmo.

Jeremy
05-03-2008, 09:28 PM
I'd rather do it for people running for congress, etc

jrich4rpaul
05-03-2008, 10:31 PM
Ron Paul's campaign doesn't need donations anymore. Seriously.

I'd either save it or give it to a good candidate running in your area.

AJ Antimony
05-03-2008, 10:49 PM
Well, first it was reported the campaign had $5 mil on hand. Then, after PA, they started saying $4 mil on hand. He is spending the money. Personally I think 1. he'll need more money to compete in the remaining primaries and 2. another money bomb bringing in $1-$2 mil would show Ron that his supporters are still funding him.

However, recent money bombs have been failures. I think the only way a money bomb could work is to set a date maybe 2 months away and advertise the hell out of it with Youtube videos, blog posts, and the like. That, and hopefully the date will be during a time of Paul excitement, where interest in Paul is up. For example, the NV convention brought Paul excitement. Before then, I would always see about 60-70 people viewing Grassroots Central. When the convention came, it jumped to like, 150.

DirtMcGirt
05-03-2008, 10:57 PM
IMO-We need to narrow down the candidates on our platform to about 4 after June based on chances of winning and pandering to the forums... Then send them to DC so they can hang out with RP and Bradley!!!

Jamsie 567
05-04-2008, 01:16 AM
I think the money bomb ideas have lost their power. They were mainly used to get him media publicty to prove he is a viable candidate so he could become a front runner. Now we know what ever we do the media will be bias because he is not a presumptive nominee. Thats why November 5th was so great we sailed under the disguise of Guy Fawkes day. The media thought they would destroy him but in turn delivered 10 Million dollars of free publicity.

The harsh reality is the global elite won't ever support Ron Paul. They have the voting machines they run the show. Our power lies in the Constitution victory will not be easy.

kathy88
05-04-2008, 08:17 AM
Good points all, but I tend to agree that the campaign is still producing results and if they run out of money, what then? The 2 months out idea is good. I also agree donating to RP minded candidates in our areas is needed as well. My point is that we need to show everyone that we are still behind this, and unfortunately money talks. PA had a great showing for Paul at 16% but we did deplorably in UNBOUND delegates. There are still states that aren't winner take all left. Thoughts?

Bradley in DC
05-04-2008, 08:20 AM
RP's national campaign doesn't know what to do with the millions in the bank now and wouldn't even part with $100 for Dr. Paul to appear in the Oregon voter guide. There are better places now for us to be sending money.

rprprs
05-04-2008, 08:21 AM
Paul has agreed to keep on keepin on as long as the enthusiasm and funds continue. He's getting some decent coverage with the book drop. I know money bombs have been attempted after the first big three, and fizzled out.

So let me ask this seriously. If we were to choose a date for another one, how much can everyone kick in? Is everyone maxed? Or can we come up with enough to make another huge shot in Paul's arm?

I can do $100.

Kathy88,

I applaud your continued enthusiasm, but I don't think there's enough support for another moneybomb. Too many have been disillusioned, thinking that previously donated funds have been mismanaged and wasted. Some simply believe that it's just too late in the game. Still others believe that the only reason for a moneybomb is to garner media attention with "million-dollar days". Though I understand those viewpoints, I don't fully subscribe to them, and would be happy to match your proposed donation should there be another moneybomb. But I just don't see it happening.

However, please remember that we don't need any officially organized (i.e. "collective") moneybomb in order to make a donation. As finances allow, and as long as Ron remains an active candidate, I will continue to donate to the official campaign (as well as to other RP candidates and causes). I encourage you, and other individuals, to do the same.

ItsTime
05-04-2008, 08:22 AM
Im am holding out to buy pink sheet stocks in Break The Matrix

szczebrzeszyn
05-04-2008, 08:24 AM
Good points all, but I tend to agree that the campaign is still producing results and if they run out of money, what then?

I'm sure we will know about it in advance. Last time I've heard Paul, he said '4 mil. in the bank'. He's got like what, 15 staffers right now, so I don't think they will spend 4 mil. very soon.

P.S. I also think that RP money bomb would fail miserably.