PDA

View Full Version : The Revolution: A Manifesto - ships 7-10 weeks? Bit odd?

Knightskye
05-03-2008, 05:50 PM
Is it because so many were ordered, it takes that long to ship it to you? :confused:

szczebrzeszyn
05-03-2008, 05:52 PM
Is it because so many were ordered, it takes that long to ship it to you? :confused:

Ask them :)

MikeSmith
05-03-2008, 05:53 PM
That's just an estimate... we probably overwhelmed their system with orders.

homah
05-03-2008, 05:54 PM
The publishing company probably underestimated how well it would sell and didn't print enough copies.

szczebrzeszyn
05-03-2008, 05:56 PM
That's just an estimate... we probably overwhelmed their system with orders.

That would be my guess - last time I wanted to order a book, it said '7 weeks' - I checked back 2 days later and it was 'shipping now'. And then I ordered :)

wd4freedom
05-03-2008, 05:57 PM
The publishing company probably underestimated how well it would sell and didn't print enough copies.

These print houses set up a firm run for # of copies based on projections and not losing their shorts by printing too many. They obviously underestimated the demand.

ronpaulitician
05-03-2008, 05:59 PM
This is a known "bug".

malkusm
05-03-2008, 06:32 PM
I ordered mine about 2 weeks ago. A week later, Amazon sent me a message saying "Oh by the way, we can ship it earlier than expected....actually we already shipped it."

ronpaulhawaii
05-03-2008, 06:41 PM
I stopped in a small bookshop today to "inquire" about the book. The owner was surprisd whn I mentioned the #7 NYT & #1 Amazon numbers. I had him order me one and his eyebrows raised as he hit some page, he looked at me and said, "This book is popular, I guess I'll have to order a few, but it'll take a bit 'cause there is a shipping delay"

:D

countrykidz4freedom
05-03-2008, 07:03 PM
Great job getting the word spread! I sent Glenn Beck a request for have to get Ron Paul on his show talking about his new book, he may have already had him on, but I possibly missed it, sometimes I do miss his show. Maybe if enough of us ask him to get him on the show again, he will do it. Here is the contact link: me@glennbeck.com

NightOwl
05-03-2008, 07:56 PM
Regarding this Amazon bug, see this LRC blog post (http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/020595.html) from several weeks ago, when "8 to 10 weeks" was the shipping estimate:

What Amazon's Crazy Signals Tell Us About Ron Paul's Book
Posted by Thomas Woods at April 17, 2008 07:06 AM

Amazon is once again saying The Revolution: A Manifesto will be in stock within 8 to 10 weeks. This is a crazy, nonsensical statement, since the book's official release is less than two weeks away. But let me share some of my own experience to shed some light on this.

When my Politically Incorrect Guide to American History came out, it far exceeded everyone's sales expectations, including Amazon's. When that happens, Amazon's system panics that it won't be able to satisfy all orders right away, and it begins saying crazy things. Suddenly my book "usually ships within 4 to 6 weeks." But by the next day it was "usually ships in 24 hours." And the next day, once again, it was 4 to 6 weeks. I frantically complained to the publisher, and they explained that this was how Amazon's system coped with the unexpected. It had plenty of books, but had simply gone into panic mode.

Now I have never, ever seen anything on Amazon say it will ship within 8 to 10 weeks. This must mean that the demand for Dr. Paul's book, even before his marketing campaign has gotten started, must be far, far greater than they anticipated. I am sure the book will ship from Amazon relatively promptly.

texasbelle
05-03-2008, 08:17 PM
Went to 2 bookstores today and all copies were sold out. I inquired where to find the book at Barnes & Noble and the sales associate walked me over to the shelf to show me and she said "wow they are all gone". I thought that was pretty cool.

kathy88
05-03-2008, 08:48 PM
How will this work as far as his place on best selling lists? Will the orders count? This could send him down the tube quickly......

Crickett
05-03-2008, 09:29 PM
Yah. I was wondering that myself. If they do not make a second printing, and no one can get the book, how can it get on the best seller lists?

NightOwl
05-03-2008, 09:55 PM
I'm sure the publisher is doing another printing. Meanwhile, the book is available from other online sellers.

RSLudlum
05-03-2008, 10:19 PM
odd...I just got notice today that my order was just shipped :)

Greetings from Amazon.com.

We thought you'd like to know that we shipped your items, and that this
completes your order.

You can track the status of this order, and all your orders, online by
visiting Your Account at XXXXXXXXX

There you can:
* Track your shipment
* View the status of unshipped items
* Cancel unshipped items
* Return items
* And do much more

The following items have been shipped to you by Amazon.com:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Qty Item Price Shipped Subtotal
Amazon.com items (Sold by Amazon.com, LLC):
2 The Revolution: A Manifesto $11.55 2 $23.10

Shipped via USPS (estimated arrival date: 07-May-2008).

Item Subtotal: $23.10
Shipping & Handling: $4.70

Super Saver Discount $-4.70

Total: $23.10

MikeSmith
05-03-2008, 10:22 PM
odd...I just got notice today that my order was just shipped :)

When did you order them?

RSLudlum
05-03-2008, 10:25 PM
When did you order them?

9:37pm, april 30th

jrich4rpaul
05-03-2008, 10:27 PM

Sold out maybe? Buy it from a store.

szczebrzeszyn
05-05-2008, 12:44 PM
In stock on May 25, 2008
So not that bad (not 7-10 weeks as previously advertised)

Madcat455
05-05-2008, 02:49 PM
I was at Barnes & Noble yesterday, they were sold out also. Had 2 there but they were "reserved"...lol.

She said they have 19 comming in this week, so I put my name on 1.

Conza88
05-05-2008, 08:37 PM
Went to 2 bookstores today and all copies were sold out. I inquired where to find the book at Barnes & Noble and the sales associate walked me over to the shelf to show me and she said "wow they are all gone". I thought that was pretty cool.

LOL. That is cool :D

ForLibertyFight
05-05-2008, 08:48 PM
I just received my three copies I ordered from Amazon on May 1. It only took 4 days and boy am I glad, I thought it was going to take another week or so. :)

loveshiscountry
05-05-2008, 08:50 PM
Received mine today from Amazon. Ordered it about 3 to 4 days ago.

RSLudlum
05-05-2008, 08:55 PM
Also got 2 copies today that I ordered on the 30th; one for myself and one for my local library.

Conza88
05-05-2008, 09:14 PM
Order Date: April 20, 2008
Items shipped on April 21, 2008:
Delivery estimate: May 28, 2008 <--- :(
1 package via Standard Int'l Shipping

* 1 of: The Revolution: A Manifesto
Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC
* 1 of: What Has Government Done to Our Money? Case for the 100 Percent Gold Dollar
* 1 of: The Conscience of a Conservative (The James Madison Library in American Politics)

Order Date: April 20, 2008
* 1 of: Our Enemy, the State by Nock, Albert J.
Sold by: runforcover

RSLudlum
05-05-2008, 09:19 PM
Items shipped on April 21, 2008:

Delivery estimate: May 28, 2008 <--- :(

Damn, a month to deliver it to you?...where the hell do you live? On the moon??

Conza88
05-05-2008, 09:36 PM
Damn, a month to deliver it to you?...where the hell do you live? On the moon??

Hahah. Australia. So its practically half way there. ;)

Usually it arrives within like 2 weeks, they just take the month long - so you get a surprise when it comes early instead of get pissed when it doesn't come on time. :)

I choose not to count the days, it goes quicker :cool:

rmholla
05-05-2008, 10:26 PM
I ordered 2 copies of "The Revolution: A Manifesto" and a copy of Naomi Wolf's book "The End of America: Letter of Warning to a Young Patriot" the day the Revolution was officially released and my books arrived today. Can't wait to read them.

Naomi has a good interview at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aW9PulYpjGs that all Ron Paul supporters should watch.

-

dannno
05-05-2008, 10:34 PM
it is just a snafu, relax.

idiom
05-05-2008, 11:08 PM
Hahah. Australia. So its practically half way there. ;)

Usually it arrives within like 2 weeks, they just take the month long - so you get a surprise when it comes early instead of get pissed when it doesn't come on time. :)

I choose not to count the days, it goes quicker :cool:

Australia gets the slow boat. Mine are taking over a month to get here.

Conza88
05-05-2008, 11:08 PM
I ordered 2 copies of "The Revolution: A Manifesto" and a copy of Naomi Wolf's book "The End of America: Letter of Warning to a Young Patriot" the day the Revolution was officially released and my books arrived today. Can't wait to read them.

Naomi has a good interview at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aW9PulYpjGs that all Ron Paul supporters should watch.

-

Watch out for Naomi.. she is false left.

She voted for Obama.. and she blames capitalism for what is happening atm, with her shock doctrine... the bitch doesn't realise we HAVEN'T HAD CAPITALISM.. geezus christ.

But yea, she blames bush etc.. she doesn't see the false left, and false right... they're both the one party with two faces.

Knightskye
05-05-2008, 11:48 PM
with her shock doctrine...

Ding ding! You confused Naomi Wolf with Naomi Klein. Klein wrote The Shock Doctrine. And I'm sure they love the confusion they cause people. :rolleyes::cool:

Conza88
05-06-2008, 12:21 AM
Ding ding! You confused Naomi Wolf with Naomi Klein. Klein wrote The Shock Doctrine. And I'm sure they love the confusion they cause people. :rolleyes::cool:

Ah, that I did... funny thing is... the POINT remains intact.. LoL. If anything it backs it up even more.

Naomi Wolf: Why Obama got my vote (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/naomi-wolf/why-barack-obama-got-my-v_b_88956.html) Ans: Because I'm an idiot. I can see the part of the problem, I just wouldn't know the solution if it hit me in the head at 1776 miles an hour.:rolleyes:

Knightskye
05-12-2008, 08:25 PM
Ah, that I did... funny thing is... the POINT remains intact.. LoL. If anything it backs it up even more.

Well, if you're supposed to fire John Doe, and you fire Joanne Doe, I think it does make a difference.

Meh. :rolleyes:

Conza88
05-13-2008, 12:41 AM
Well, if you're supposed to fire John Doe, and you fire Joanne Doe, I think it does make a difference.

If John Doe and Joanne Doe, both deserve firing.. because they were both caught having sex instead of working...

No, it doesn't make a difference.