PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul radio ad cut short in NC

rancher89
05-03-2008, 05:42 PM
The ads have been running on WBT radio in the Charlotte, NC area for a couple of days now. The particular ad I'm speaking of ran just before 7:00 PM today, April 3rd. About the last 10 seconds of the ad was cut short. This is a talk radio station that many of us have called into, with varying success, and spoken about following the constitution, conservative values and most of all Ron Paul's message. Some of the hosts are more receptive than others of course. We have been able to get our message out on the airwaves, they don't block us out completely----

I have the contact informaiton for the station, but I want you guys to be civil, please be nice - we just want them to know that the ads deserve to be run in full. If you do call, try to make it sound like you are local, you can stream the station, but the ads don't play nationally.

I didn't get to talk to anybody, I just left a msg on each of the phone #s below. I left my name and phone number, and a brief message saying that I'm sure it was a mistake that rp's radio ad (at the above mentioned time) was cut short and that I thought rp deserved to get what he paid for. Cutting 10 seconds out of a 30 second ad is a lot of time. I said that I was sure it was a mistake, again, and mentioned being a fan of Keith Larson and John Hancock, and hoped that they could make it right for rp, repeated my contact information and hung up.

If someone can get this to whoever is paying for the ad, I think they should know.

Bill White, Program Director, bwhite@wbt.com 704,374,3576
Carl East, Asst Program Director, ceast@wbt.com 704.374.3646
matt DuBois, Markenting Director, mdubois@wbt.com 704.374.3558
Rick Jackson, General Manager, rjackson@wbt.com 704.374.3954

TruthAtLast
05-03-2008, 06:06 PM
it isn't just about them being nice enough to play the full ad. they HAVE to! There is no choice in the matter. If they signed a contract and paid for a certain ad slot, they would have to either play the full ad or refund the money. Case closed.

Jeremy
05-03-2008, 06:11 PM
im sure this isnt exclusive to this ad

for example, i see this happen to random commercials a lot when I watch TV

but ya, that doesnt mean it's ok

ronpaulitician
05-03-2008, 06:24 PM
There are people whose job it is to listen to radio ads (and watch TV spots) for the sole purpose of determining that the ad was properly played. (One of my co-workers actually did this as as one of his prior jobs.)

I wouldn't count on that person doing their job, though, so, definitely, try to contact the person who paid for the ad.