PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul's book down to #2 on Amazon

Expatriate
05-03-2008, 03:42 PM
Revolution: a Manifesto just got edged out by The Last Lecture on Amazon.com.

I am ordering two copies today. Anyone who hasn't read it yet, this is probably the best time for you to order.

Still #1 in Nonfiction, but we can't let Randy Pausch steal the spotlight for overall bestseller just yet:D

kc8yds
05-03-2008, 03:43 PM
maybe the lower number of orders (on amazon) has something to do with the following:
"Usually ships within 7 to 10 weeks."

evilfunnystuff
05-03-2008, 03:44 PM
ya they are sold out so i imagine it will continue to drop untill they get more in

szczebrzeszyn
05-03-2008, 03:46 PM
Last Lecture is also good. You can find a video of it at google. Guy is pretty amazing - it's sad he's dying.

Expatriate
05-03-2008, 03:48 PM
maybe the lower number of orders (on amazon) has something to do with the following:
"Usually ships within 7 to 10 weeks."

Hmm. That's odd. Is it really going to take that long for Amazon to get more copies from the publisher? I hope I don't have to wait that long for my copies.

Is it massively back-ordered or something?

RonPaulVolunteer
05-03-2008, 03:50 PM
Last Lecture is also good. You can find a video of it at google. Guy is pretty amazing - it's sad he's dying.

The guy has said he think alternative cures for cancer are stupid. He gets no sympathy from me.

literatim
05-03-2008, 03:51 PM
They should have stocked more.

Expatriate
05-03-2008, 03:55 PM
The guy has said he think alternative cures for cancer are stupid. He gets no sympathy from me.

Did he just say that in his opinion they are stupid/unscientific, or did he advance the opinion that the government should ban alternative treatments and/or harass purveyors of such?

I have no problem with him if the former is true, but the latter is where I draw my line.

szczebrzeszyn
05-03-2008, 04:01 PM

Because they usually are a scam - I agree with him.
And BTW. - my father had cancer. I know something about it too.

RonPaulVolunteer
05-03-2008, 04:02 PM
Because they usually are a scam - I agree with him.
And BTW. - my father had cancer. I know something about it too.

Oh so what, I have HAD cancer!!

And your statement about them usually being a scam only backs up that SOME are not scams, defeating your own argument.
My father studied logic. I know something about it too.

Richie
05-03-2008, 04:02 PM
Dropped from #1 to #2 on Amazon, and from #9 to #13 on BN. I think we should focus on maintaining #1 on Amazon.

szczebrzeszyn
05-03-2008, 04:03 PM
Did he just say that in his opinion they are stupid/unscientific, or did he advance the opinion that the government should ban alternative treatments and/or harass purveyors of such?

I have no problem with him if the former is true, but the latter is where I draw my line.

I believe he was talking about his personal experience. No suprise he said it was stupid - he probably tried everything "alternative" in the world and probably nothing of that helped (as usual).

szczebrzeszyn
05-03-2008, 04:03 PM

And what have cured you?

Lucille
05-03-2008, 04:04 PM
Isn't it more important to buy the books from the brick and mortar stores to get it to #1 on the NYT best-seller list?

RonPaulVolunteer
05-03-2008, 04:05 PM
And what have cured you?

DCA.

szczebrzeszyn
05-03-2008, 04:06 PM

And BTW. cancer is a SIDE ISSUE in this lecture - he talks about cancer like for 30 seconds in the whole lecture. Try to focus on the core issues of his talk - I think they are very interesting.

RonPaulVolunteer
05-03-2008, 04:08 PM
And BTW. cancer is a SIDE ISSUE in this lecture - he talks about cancer like for 30 seconds in the whole lecture. Try to focus on the core issues of his talk - I think they are very interesting.

I have watched his lecture twice. I think it's brilliant. I also think it's foolish to ignore non-traditional treatment if you have been told you're going to die.

szczebrzeszyn
05-03-2008, 04:18 PM
I have watched his lecture twice. I think it's brilliant. I also think it's foolish to ignore non-traditional treatment if you have been told you're going to die.

It's foolish to ignore them, if you tried every snake oil on the globe, advertised as cure for [cancer|baldness|whatever] ? I think it's pretty logical. But it's good you watched it anyway - I thought you ignored it after such a meanigless comment :)

Live Free or Die
05-03-2008, 04:31 PM
I believe he was talking about his personal experience. No suprise he said it was stupid - he probably tried everything "alternative" in the world and probably nothing of that helped (as usual).

I agree, as Mr. Pausch's PANCREATIC cancer is one of the least treatable/most deadly forms of cancer. Personally, I found Pausch's "Last Lecture" video inspiring and poignant, but I wouldn't buy his book, given that it's simply a rehash of his actual "lecture" which one may view on YouTube, Google, and any video sharing website on the internet. ;)

Ron Paul's book, however, is NOT a re-hashing of any of his lectures or speeches. In fact, it is an expansion of the sound bites the MSM has "allowed" the public to hear, once in a while.

I just bought (pre-ordered, since they are OOS) 8 more copies from Amazon.com. They have the best price ($11.55), and my local B&N, Borders, Waldenbooks, etc... are all out of this book, plus they are charging cover price ($21.00).

garrettwombat
05-03-2008, 04:38 PM

And your statement about them usually being a scam only backs up that SOME are not scams, defeating your own argument.

and you cured your cancer naturally?

szczebrzeszyn
05-03-2008, 04:39 PM
I agree, as Mr. Pausch's PANCREATIC cancer is one of the least treatable/most deadly forms of cancer. Personally, I found Pausch's "Last Lecture" video inspiring and poignant, but I wouldn't buy his book, given that it's simply a rehash of his actual "lecture" which one may view on YouTube, Google, and any video sharing website on the internet. ;)

Well, I wouldn't buy it either :) But let's not forget about folks not using the internet. I also found his lecture pretty inspiring. The seond famous one is 'Time Managment' - also on google or simply on Randy's page. Not groundbreaking, but very inspiring. I changed a few things just after this lecture and I'm much more officient now (in my work). He's a very entertaining speaker!
Anyway, I was a bit surprised anyway to see his book as #1 at both Amazon and Barnes & Noble when I first checked these lists a few days ago.

szczebrzeszyn
05-03-2008, 04:48 PM

Maybe I shouldn't have said 'usually' - better would be "in every case I know of, they were snake oil". I would never say "100% of them are snake oil", because it's impossible to try everything. But that does not mean there is something that works.

Dorfsmith
05-03-2008, 06:07 PM
Isn't it more important to buy the books from the brick and mortar stores to get it to #1 on the NYT best-seller list?

I went to Hastings to buy more today and they said they were back ordered for at least two weeks. Every brick and morter store in town sold their only copy the day it came out :o

RSLudlum
05-03-2008, 06:27 PM
They should have stocked more.

Well..It's time to make the free market work; use their competitors!!! ;)