PDA

View Full Version : Send the Manifesto to ALL congress and senate?

newyearsrevolution08
05-03-2008, 01:08 PM
I was sitting here and thought this would be a great effort.

What if we did a chip in to get the manifesto shipped to every person who "holds office"? Imagine if some of them just read "a bit of it" and maybe started THINKING.

Any thoughts?

chiefsmurph
05-03-2008, 01:11 PM
Thats actually a great idea.

Magicman
05-03-2008, 01:12 PM
Great idea. We should get the chip in for congress and state/national delegates this way it might inspire more important folks.

0zzy
05-03-2008, 01:14 PM
that's kinda smart.

535 people?
lots of books.

smartguy911
05-03-2008, 01:24 PM
hmm $8000 chip in. why not

Shink
05-03-2008, 01:28 PM
hmm $8000 chip in. why not

Genius. If there are meetups still alive in each of the states, the money could be divvied up and one meetup per state could get them to the Rep and Senator.

newyearsrevolution08
05-03-2008, 01:35 PM
odds are we could talk to the publisher or whoever can do it and get a bulk discount for it.

One bulk buy and then shipped out, or have them ship them out for us to further reduce cost?

Joseph Hart
05-03-2008, 01:40 PM
odds are we could talk to the publisher or whoever can do it and get a bulk discount for it.

One bulk buy and then shipped out, or have them ship them out for us to further reduce cost?

This is a great idea. The only problem is that if we have it shipped right from the distributor to them all it will look like Ron Paul sent them. May I suggest putting a letter in each package. Every single one personalized with their name. Not only will it be personal but it will also show it was from ordinary people/grassroots.

newyearsrevolution08
05-03-2008, 01:48 PM
We can do this an even simpler way without needing a chip in

What if we did this, setup a site that had a list of all the congress/senate and their info and someone would SELECT one and commit to buying and shipping the book to them.

This could keep it very one on one and grassroots style.

newyearsrevolution08
05-03-2008, 01:51 PM
Anyone want to setup the site? I will commit to buy and ship 10 books myself if someone does. I think this is something that NEEDS to get done and will be happy to put some of my cash to it as well.

What do you think should get added to the package itself though? I think the book itself would be more the enough to get the message across. Maybe a hand written letter from whoever sends them saying WHY this book was shipped to YOU? show each one that I AM HERE.

Kotin
05-03-2008, 01:52 PM
We can do this an even simpler way without needing a chip in

What if we did this, setup a site that had a list of all the congress/senate and their info and someone would SELECT one and commit to buying and shipping the book to them.

This could keep it very one on one and grassroots style.

this is the Best idea!!

I would commit to at least 6 people, I'm sure alot of ppl would!

Grassroots Assemble!!!!

newyearsrevolution08
05-03-2008, 01:54 PM
so far we have 16 books committed to being sent SO I think this is something that should go forward. Anyone know a web guy who can get this up? Also a list of senate and congress information?

Odds are both of those can be found within this forum through a link, anyone locate them post the information here. Anyone wanting to help with the site or want to just get it done then let us know.

Maria
05-03-2008, 02:00 PM
get idea! i'm in...

newyearsrevolution08
05-03-2008, 02:02 PM
I have a server the site can go on so that won't be a problem either

DFF
05-03-2008, 02:02 PM
Good idea but what if we took it a step further, like, say, a Chipin for the entire COUNTRY.

Magicman
05-03-2008, 02:08 PM
TRUST, do this for national delegates and congress and senate. We could easily promote this on myspace and the more its sent around social networks get more donations.

We need to send it to all important people and have lists of who we have sent it to and havent. Whoever is in charge of the donations needs to have access to these lists.

DFF
05-03-2008, 02:16 PM
so far we have 16 books committed to being sent SO I think this is something that should go forward. Anyone know a web guy who can get this up? Also a list of senate and congress information?

Odds are both of those can be found within this forum through a link, anyone locate them post the information here.

Here's a map of U.S. Congressional Districts (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:US_Congressional_Districts_color.svg). To enlarge it, double click the map. Once you've determined which district you reside in, scroll down this state by state list (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_congressional_districts) to see who represents you.

EDIT: And here's the list of U.S. Senators (http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm).

Knut Schreiber
05-03-2008, 02:22 PM
We should focus on the new generations. Ron Paul has spoken to these guys for years, without great effect. When they come to power they are already corrupt. They won't change because of this book. We have to target the undecided and openminded people and hope that in the future more honest and liberty-minded people run for office.

jrich4rpaul
05-03-2008, 02:39 PM
Good idea!

dude58677
05-03-2008, 03:29 PM
Ron Paul has been speaking to these people for 30 years, there is no reason they will read his book unless they got into office on his princinples.

homah
05-03-2008, 03:50 PM
Good idea but what if we took it a step further, like, say, a Chipin for the entire COUNTRY.

If something like this is done, how about we first select one of the remaining primary states and bombard every registered Republican with a copy? Perhaps South Dakota and/or Idaho would be doable?

I wish this book came out about 6 months ago. :(

Magicman
05-03-2008, 04:02 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=135585

More about this idea.

newyearsrevolution08
05-03-2008, 04:13 PM
I think we really can get this done.

Maybe we can get a list of different "groups" that should get the book then people can choose who they want to ship them to and check them off the list.

This can be an ongoing effort even after November so the list can always be expanded

scholarpreneur
05-03-2008, 04:17 PM
Vedddy eenteresting

newyearsrevolution08
05-03-2008, 08:52 PM
any other thoughts

wgadget
05-03-2008, 08:56 PM
Here's what we're using in GA:

Dear _____,

On behalf of all conservative Republicans, I would like to congratulate you on being elected as a delegate to the Republican National Convention. As a national delegate you have an opportunity to bring the voice of conservative values and limited government to St. Paul in September, to bear witness to the message of Ronald Reagan, Barry Goldwater and Robert Taft before him. A message that was eloquently delivered by Ronald Reagan during the 1964 U.S. presidential election in what has become known as “The Speech” can be viewed online at:

http://video.google.com

It is in this tradition that we are sending to you, along with every delegate and alternate that will be attending the Republican National Convention, a copy of Congressman and presidential candidate Dr. Ron Paul’s book, “The Revolution: A Manifesto.” It is our hope that this book can help reignite the ideas of limited Constitutional government and generate discussion of these topics at the convention. We all want the same things for this wonderful country: a strong national defense, a strong economy, and preservation of our individual rights. We just sometimes disagree on how these are best achieved. I ask that you not ignore or discredit this book based on heresy, but judge these ideas for yourself based on the words written within.

In closing, I leave you with these quotes from three great Americans:

“Criticism in a time of war is essential to the maintenance of any kind of democratic government.” –Robert Taft (speaking a few weeks after the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor in December 1941)

“I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!” –Barry Goldwater (Acceptance Speech at the 1964 Republican Presidential campaign)

“Freedom is the right to question and change the established way of doing things.” –Ronald Reagan (May 31, 1988)

Your fellow Republican,

RonPaulVolunteer
05-03-2008, 09:00 PM
Someone needs to send copies to Bush and Cheney.

withallmyheart
05-03-2008, 09:09 PM
Excellent letter wgadget.

This is a great idea to send the book to the National delegates and to the newbies in Congress.

wgadget
05-03-2008, 09:11 PM
Yes. All credit goes to a certain Mr. Winters of Georgia.

: )

Paulitical Correctness
05-03-2008, 09:12 PM
I have no reason to believe that they won't simply toss the book in the garbage.

However, helping sales is win-win, so I say go for it.

kathy88
05-03-2008, 09:19 PM
I'll send some too.

This is a good idea.

Many of them will go unread, but perhaps when it is tossed on a desk somewhere someone else will pick it up, and so on... and so on.....

like the Breck commercial. Or was it Prell?

ForLibertyFight
05-03-2008, 10:24 PM
bump i will send one :)

Rhys
05-03-2008, 10:53 PM
what kind of server do you have? i'll help you make this site if someone helps with the data entry

I'm thinking the site should first try to send from a constituent, and if not, a letter should say "I would have sent this to my rep, but he/she's already received a copy." That would make it easier for people to send more than 1 because the computer can automaticly select a rep who hasn't recieved one. If the db expands, every elected official could one day get a copy, right?

justatrey
05-03-2008, 11:12 PM
I'll donate to the chip in if this gets started. Keep the thread bumped so we remember!

newyearsrevolution08
05-03-2008, 11:36 PM
I have a dedicated server for this plus I doubt this site is going to be bogging the server down at all anyways. Mainly just those who input the various people and then those who come to the site to locate someone they want to buy and ship the book for. I also have my own nameserver as well so that won't be a problem either. Anyone else with ron paul related sites, I would be happy to host as well.

If you want to get something setup, pm me and I will setup a cpanel for the domain whatever it may be.

Any thoughts on a domain name for this, I will pay for it if need be?

newyearsrevolution08
05-03-2008, 11:40 PM
Or it can be so that once someone gets one they get removed. As long as it can be tracked, maybe we could do something that a person needs to get tracking for it so we can then take a screen shot of it being delivered to Senator Bo Jackson or whoever it may be.

This could expand onto state assembly, mayors and EVERYONE if possible. Start at the top and work our way down well I don't consider us DOWN in that scenario but I am sure you get my point.

what kind of server do you have? i'll help you make this site if someone helps with the data entry

I'm thinking the site should first try to send from a constituent, and if not, a letter should say "I would have sent this to my rep, but he/she's already received a copy." That would make it easier for people to send more than 1 because the computer can automaticly select a rep who hasn't recieved one. If the db expands, every elected official could one day get a copy, right?

smartguy911
05-03-2008, 11:42 PM
any php programmers here who can utilize Google Maps API.

Users visit the site and enter their Zip Code. Based on the zip code, the site returns the results. We probably have to enter all the addresses manually in some kind of database, so the script can return the closest locations based on zip code and Google can map it.

If the user volunteer to send the book to their rep / senator, they can choose to reserve the spot. Once they have mailed the book, they can upload some kind of receipt or proof that the book has been mailed. This way we can keep track and also keep it interactive for others.

http://code.google.com/apis/maps/

I tried doing it but I really suck at it.

newyearsrevolution08
05-03-2008, 11:45 PM
that would be great and then if there is an "affiliate" ability when buying the books that money can go towards buying MORE books to be sent as well. There could also be a chip in on the site for those who just want to put money into the overall effort by buying books in bulk.

I liked the "personal letter" idea where each one we send gets a note from us as to why we are writing this letter and sending the book. I think it could really hit home with some of them no matter how far off course they have gone.

I like the reserve the spot until you provide tracking idea, then once it is confirmed by a DELIVERED screenshot it will go into maybe the "delivered" section for people to check out.

PlzPeopleWakeUp
05-03-2008, 11:49 PM
nt

Rhys
05-04-2008, 01:33 AM
i'm sure any server is fine, but what I need to know is, is it apache or windows or what?

from a programing perspective, the easiest and most efficient idea is this:

a MySql db which holds all the mailing and district info for the congressmen. I don't know how google maps could help, but basically you don't pledge to any one in specific. You pledge a quantity and enter a message. If you don't want to enter a message, one would be entered for you. The database puts a check mark by a congressman's name when bob orders his first 6 books. The system checks to see if the congressmen in bob's district have received a copy yet. If not, bob's first book goes there and the next 5 go down the list. It can be random or alphabetical or whatever. If it were that important to you, you could make a checkbox list to chose who it's sent to, but once the credit card is process, just assume it's sent. You can do manual audits later. screenshots make it complicated. You can use amazon or ebay API. google maps will be cool to show a flag for every district that has been sent to, in real time.

newyearsrevolution08
05-04-2008, 01:58 AM
sorry I must be tired, I sent you a pm Rhys on the server info.

I like your idea to get it so people could enter XX amount of books and them going to the next available one.

Where is the cheapest place to get the books at?

kathy88
05-04-2008, 08:19 AM
put me down for data entry or whatever else you need

pm is fine

Feelgood
05-04-2008, 09:45 AM
Actually the total number to send, would only be 534, since the author is one of the said Congressmen. ;)

MRoCkEd
05-04-2008, 09:48 AM
i'll pay for lieberman's copy (my state)

Chester Copperpot
05-04-2008, 09:57 AM
Thats a great idea

MRoCkEd
05-04-2008, 10:02 AM
will get some attention - can't wait to see the site
ideas:
congressrevolution.com
revolutioncongress.com

I just noticed something -
www.freedomcongress.com
redirects to www.ronpaul2008.com

newyearsrevolution08
05-04-2008, 11:52 AM
Any other domain ideas? I will get the domain and have the server if someone is willing to put the site together? I can do the day to day upkeep or someone else can, either way. I think this is a great effort worth having online AND I would be more then happy to help with what I can.

I think this should get stickied as well, this is an effort that is not expensive and can cause a large amount of possible "blowback" but in a positive way even if the person we want to read it doesn't. Like others have said, even if left on a desk someone else MIGHT pick it up and give it a read and who knows where it will end up from there.

Another idea I had was "operation library", to get copies of the book in all libraries in everything from economics, to military, to history and so on. Not sure how books get accepted or not into libraries OR if we can just place them there to be read......

I just got done reading it and see that this book IS the best marketing tool to date, it teaches, it wakes people up AND it makes perfect sense. We don't have to come off sounding crazy anymore because this book lays out WHY the current system is FLAWED and bound to fail UNLESS we take DRASTIC steps towards reducing spending, removing our foreign occupations and so on.

With only 500+ books to get for this one effort, we might even get some people who want to help pay for the books but not ship them which would be fine as well.

I would LOVE an autoship option with the ability to personalize the packing slip or something, just to make it NOT have to get delivered multiple times AND for cost saving purposes of course.

Either way though, if you break it up into a person being able to buy 1 book for one congressman and ship it AND them realize they did something FOR the cause. Now I know there are ways to MAKE SURE they get accepted. What are the chances of getting a confirmed delivery to a congressman though? odds are slim of them being in the place it gets mailed.

Any thoughts on the best place to mail it or thoughts on the idea all together then speak up.

Jaykzo
05-04-2008, 02:32 PM
When the chipin is ready and the site is up and all the details are out,

I'll be MORE than happy to buy a book for my congressman, and pay the extra cash for a few more as well.

Excellent Idea!

dirknb@hotmail.com
05-04-2008, 02:43 PM
I'll send at least 10, to start.

If someone gets a site up where we can "adopt" people to send it to that would be great. I think it should have groups listed as priorities like Senators first, Representatives next, then state Governors, then State Senators, State Reps., etc. as each group gets finished off we can move on to the next group.

devil21
05-04-2008, 02:47 PM
What's this supposed to accomplish? Congress already knows what Ron Paul stands for. The rest just put politics above principle. Dont waste your money on them. Buy books for people that can be awakened from their slumber, not people that are well aware of how corrupt they already are.

Fields
05-04-2008, 06:51 PM
bump

voytechs
05-04-2008, 06:59 PM
Most are sell out and probably don't read books, but may turn a few that need a little inspiration. If they are already in congress, thats a lot less effort and energy needed to be spent. If this book gives them courage to do whats right, thats an immediate return on small investment.

Lord Xar
05-04-2008, 08:08 PM
something similiar was done when alipac initiated sending the book "the last great usa" by Jerome Corsi to members of congress when they were dealing with that immigration bill. Many,MANY were sent to them to "inform" them becasue as it turned out - MOST POLITICIANS have no idea about the NAU or the SPP and this book educated alot of them.

SO, yes. I think it is a great idea to send this out to all members of congress. I also believe that it should be mailed from a few different sources as the powers that be will try to conviscate it before it reaches the destinations.

MRoCkEd
05-04-2008, 08:12 PM
I'll send at least 10, to start.

If someone gets a site up where we can "adopt" people to send it to that would be great. I think it should have groups listed as priorities like Senators first, Representatives next, then state Governors, then State Senators, State Reps., etc. as each group gets finished off we can move on to the next group.
good idea

pinkmandy
05-04-2008, 08:19 PM
I don't think it will have an impact on the corrupt leaders at all. I'm sure many of them already have the book- if for no other reason than to read it in an attempt to figure out how RP raised all that money! ;)

I do think, though, that it's still a great idea because it sends a powerful message and who knows? Maybe a couple will "get it"? Plus it's good for book sales, too.

Mahkato
05-04-2008, 08:23 PM
A message that was eloquently delivered by Ronald Reagan during the 1964 U.S. presidential election in what has become known as “The Speech” can be viewed online at:

http://video.google.com

1964, eh?

newyearsrevolution08
05-05-2008, 02:12 AM
If someone reads the book how could they NOT get it. I loved the thing and feel it really is going to be the literature to help move this nation back where it should be.

We can get it to all elected officials then we can have book readings locally to get to those around us as well. There really are many ways to get this going AND getting them to congress and other higher branches of office is a great way to keep this revolution moving in the right direction.

CurtisLow
05-05-2008, 07:53 AM
Great idea! -bump-

Ready2Revolt
05-05-2008, 08:02 AM
Anyone here see the similarities of this and when the terrorist named "V" sent out a bunch of masks?

Ready2Revolt
05-05-2008, 08:04 AM
Anyone here see the similarities of this and when the terrorist named "V" sent out a bunch of masks?

Edited to add: What about the head of the different departments, cabinet members, Supreme court judges, other presidential candidates, and the president himself? And how about Military members serving overseas as reading material in a care package?

weslinder
05-05-2008, 08:10 AM
I don't know about a chip-in, but I'm personally going to send a copy to my Congressman, Ted Poe, as well as both of my Senators, John Cornyn and Kay Bailey Hutchison. I'll include a note about it, as well. Personalize it, people, personalize it.

kigol
05-05-2008, 08:17 AM
Thats actually a great idea.

Mahkato
05-05-2008, 08:53 AM
I like the idea of sending the book in care packages to soldiers.

newyearsrevolution08
05-05-2008, 11:44 AM
soldiers are a great ideas as well!

I can see the manifesto getting read ALOT especially with nothing to do except protecting oil..... Get those mccain militants WOKEN UP and realizing that NOPE they don't care about us being free BUT they do want us out of their country.

I think the manifesto itself needs to be mailed to ALL groups that has someone willing to read it. We can also send the audio versions as well to those in the military as well for those who would rather listen to TRUTH rather then read it.

I think a site that can allow people to send to all sorts of people would be best then. I love the congress idea, I love sending them to our military as well.

Now to bring the whole idea together? Anyone want to help with that?

I can do the hosting, buy the domain name and manage the site. I would need it designed to get started AND if someone wants to just run the entire idea then that is fine as well as long as it gets moving. Credit is not what any of us are after and if we can get the manifesto out using a site that makes it simple for others to do as well then GREAT..

CarePackageRevolution.com or something like that

MilitaryManifesto.com

or something.

Imagine if 80% of our active duty military force just said NO we will not fight this war anymore. We would be in control immediately and I think it will take getting our active military realizing what this war is for and what they can do to help stop it.

So does anyone think the congress idea should be separate OR there should just be one site that allows people to go through different "groups" possibly to send a book to?

I think it would be cool to have an idea list.

Would you like to send the Manifesto to
1. congressman
2. active military
3. delegate
4. neighbor
5. other

and then we could have a way to update new people with correct address and so on.

It could also have a spot where they can type in a message they want to go with the package itself and then it will get shipped out.

Even if I have to ship all of them out I still will be happy helping with this effort, I live right next to the post office anyways SO that would not be a problem.

I do think it would be best to have the ability to get it dropshipped with a message if that is possible in any form though.

newyearsrevolution08
05-05-2008, 11:46 AM
I don't know about a chip-in, but I'm personally going to send a copy to my Congressman, Ted Poe, as well as both of my Senators, John Cornyn and Kay Bailey Hutchison. I'll include a note about it, as well. Personalize it, people, personalize it.

agreed on not needing a chip in, we discussed that later in the thread as well. It keeps things easier to allow a person to buy a book and ship it on their own without having to "inflate" for anything with a bulk buy/ship option anyways.

Keeping it simple is always best and allows a person to actually be involved in the effort instead of just paying the $12 for the book and $5 for shipping or however much it might be.

Personalization is KEY as well,

dirknb@hotmail.com
05-05-2008, 11:54 AM
What's this supposed to accomplish? Congress already knows what Ron Paul stands for. The rest just put politics above principle. Dont waste your money on them. Buy books for people that can be awakened from their slumber, not people that are well aware of how corrupt they already are.

I think you're right on target for most of them. Especially the high profile ones. But I don't think every single member of Congress is corrupt. If we can convert even one of them this way it's much easier and cheaper than a campaign to elect one and worth it in my opinion.

RonPaulFever
05-05-2008, 11:58 AM
that's kinda smart.

535 people?
lots of books.

I think we'll only need 534 ;)

Mahkato
05-05-2008, 02:37 PM
I think you're right on target for most of them. Especially the high profile ones. But I don't think every single member of Congress is corrupt. If we can convert even one of them this way it's much easier and cheaper than a campaign to elect one and worth it in my opinion.

I think rather than sending it to all existing congress(wo)men, we should send it to all freshman congressmen and everyone running for office. Gotta get 'em while they're young!

devil21
05-05-2008, 04:28 PM
I think rather than sending it to all existing congress(wo)men, we should send it to all freshman congressmen and everyone running for office. Gotta get 'em while they're young!

Bingo. The fresh blood is what needs to be tapped into, especially since a bunch of Republican congressman are retiring after this term (30?).

MRoCkEd
05-05-2008, 04:39 PM
good point
either way, as soon as someone gets something set up, i'll pledge to buy several copies

Andrew76
05-05-2008, 04:39 PM
Ron Paul has been speaking to these people for 30 years, there is no reason they will read his book unless they got into office on his princinples.

Two things though... One, at best you can only truly say, "it is extremely unlikely certain politicians would read it." Never say never. The only way they absolutely won't read it is if no one ever gives it to them. You never truly know the outcome.

Second, whether they read it or not, think of the message it sends when every representative across the land gets a copy! It could turn out be a major news story and another strong push for the book as well.

Consider me a supporter of this idea.

NightOwl
05-05-2008, 06:00 PM
Second, whether they read it or not, think of the message it sends when every representative across the land gets a copy! It could turn out be a major news story and another strong push for the book as well.

Consider me a supporter of this idea.

I had exactly the same thought. It's priceless as a publicity move, if we're public about it.

MRoCkEd
05-05-2008, 06:15 PM
so.. who is starting the site?
any more ideas
my suggestions:
revolutioncongress.com
congressrevolution.com

idiom
05-05-2008, 06:35 PM
It will also increase the apparent size of RP's faction in the House amongst the toher congressmen. Their ears should perk up everytime RP's name is mentioned, and they should make a point of reading and co-sponsoring his bills.

Popularity rubs off.

PatriotG
05-05-2008, 06:42 PM
I have no reason to believe that they won't simply toss the book in the garbage.

However, helping sales is win-win, so I say go for it.

This is one reason why I love RP Supporters.
The Idea is great.

I also agree with the above. RP is an outcast of sorts.
Most of these clowns will justl chuck it in the recycle bin.
They could give two s--ts about what RP thinks.

But that being said, Ill donate what the hell....

syborius
05-05-2008, 08:58 PM
Great way to bring more attention to the cause...great publicity. Each members needs to personally feel the impact RP is having. When they receive a book it will probably be discussed in the office, etc, and on the hill. Good idea.
Each state legislature should probably get one as well, now that would truly be a monumental undertaking, but I can only imagine the net effect it would have on the country.

Joseph Hart
05-05-2008, 09:11 PM
If yall need a graphic artist, I'm here. Also have great ideas to fund the site!

parke
05-05-2008, 09:43 PM
I bet we could negotiate a better deal from the publisher if we did a chip in. This is an awesome idea.

Somebody in Washington needs to get off the Koolaid..

Joseph Hart
05-05-2008, 09:51 PM
Heres a design that I never used, we can change it to this topic's focus http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd129/Organjic/LDBoost.jpg

rmholla
05-05-2008, 09:57 PM
As a veteran I love the idea of sending copies of the book (along with other care package items) to soldiers. We could also donate copies to all of the Veteran's homes and military hospitals.

Also, we should target state and local government officials.

My local meet up group bought a bunch of Freedom to Fascism videos to hand out. They work very well.

-

Omnis
05-05-2008, 10:00 PM
I was sitting here and thought this would be a great effort.

What if we did a chip in to get the manifesto shipped to every person who "holds office"? Imagine if some of them just read "a bit of it" and maybe started THINKING.

Any thoughts?

No, because it would just sit in their offices.

The litmus test is seeing which Congressmen and -women VOLUNTARILY read the book and begin to abide by the principles it outlines. When they don't, it's time we work to get them out of there.

newyearsrevolution08
05-05-2008, 10:31 PM
So who out there can think of a decent domain name to get which I can pay for AND who can design the site to allow for this idea to take shape?

I do think the manifesto IS going to be the literature to continue discussing even after Ron Paul is long gone from us. I have read and listened to the book and it is amazing and I take something new from it each and every time.

I think if we can get each of congress to at least receive a copy or send it to their home if possible then they will at least REALIZE how much this revolution has taken shape and how it will continue with or without ron paul because there will be many more ron paul candidates for YEARS TO COME to take his place in ALL ASPECTS of government whether local, federal, presidential or whatever.

Who knows maybe a few of the congressmen and women might just need the INFORMATION before they make their decision and the book does explain things pretty well. I think it explains it well enough to get all points across.

Any web designers?
Any domain name ideas?
Anyone able to do the backend script for this effort?

icon124
05-05-2008, 10:35 PM
I'm down. I'll buy a few books to give my friendly house of reps :)

newyearsrevolution08
05-06-2008, 12:29 AM
We could odds are get the 500+ books paid for and shipped just from those right here in the forums. We can then let Ron Paul know about it and make sure he asks each and everyone one of them what they thought of the book. I can hope to think that from this effort SOME congressmen at least think OUTSIDE their normal thought process and maybe JUST maybe we can get some of the current ones to go BACK to the constitution and apologize for straying already.

I can hope BUT hell who knows, maybe this can get some news buzz. Maybe we ALL send them on the same day or something to make sure there are a TON getting the books.

RonPaulFever
05-06-2008, 12:31 AM
I'm loving this idea....can we get a chipin going? I'll donate at least ten bucks.

maiki
05-06-2008, 04:54 AM
See poll on this subject, to get a headcount on board members in on this project.

constituent
05-06-2008, 05:48 AM
hell yea. i thought we should do this w/ carol paul's cookbook and the oprah show (slamming them w/ a pallet of books that she couldn't ignore ... hehehehe)

i think it'd be great to see this done. particularly if there were a way for people to write personal letters to be enclosed in each one of them.

from the artistic standpoint, i still hold to the pallet of books method.

Have a central storehouse where all books are shipped (guarded by a trusted member of the grassroots) and then stuffed with the personalized letters. From there, they are loaded on a pallet and bulk shipped to be dropped at the doors of the capital.

If we were real slick, we'd get a truck arranged and do it ourselves. If the bikers could get as close as they could, i don't see how hard it would be for some quick footed gr'rs to drop off a pallet of books in the wee morning hours.

qwerty
05-06-2008, 05:58 AM
bump!

newyearsrevolution08
05-06-2008, 07:53 AM
I think this would more then take off if a site was put together with or without a poll on this one I think. Plus we can continue adding to the list and so on anyways which means we can always have new people to get the book to.

An in Person drop off would be a great ideas as well, another great time to "Drop off" books is during the march in July also.....

All we really need is someone who is willing to do the design and script for the site whether it be a detailed site or something basic really isn't important as long as it gets the job done.

I can always add to the site and manage it anyways with the day to day upkeep anyways. I do agree the personalization is key with something like this BUT the best words to GET to anyone is the manifesto itself and not my letter to a congressmen because Ron Paul wrote it all out pretty well in the book itself.

I think the letter might "hit the effort home" then without the letter + maybe something one of us writes MIGHT speak to one of them and might encourage them to pick up the book and read it.

Who knows, since he is "edgy" (which is sad to think the constitution is edgy) maybe they will WANT to read it just to see what else Ron Paul has to say and in the end might STILL get them thinking about everything.

---------------

With the amount of buzz this topic has gotten since it started I do think this should end up being stickied in the grassroots section to help locate a designer and coder for this effort. Even if it is a "Thrown together" effort it still seems like an effort many of us here want to do.

Sticky Me......

gilliganscorner
05-06-2008, 08:39 AM
Would it be a silly idea to somehow coordinate "book bombing" the Congress/Senate folks with the March on DC, on July 12th?

Perhaps the chipin could take out an ad in the Washington Post (or other suitable media) inviting the politicians out to the March and set up a booth where these folks can be directed to to obtain their copy. We could keep a big list that is easy to see which folks said "Accepted" or "Declined". We would be courteous, informed, and spend time with the politicians and tell them passionately but politely why we are there and why we support the good doctor. "We are not just the Internet, but real people who are not all "eyepatch/tinfoil-hat/Star Trek t-shirt (worst...sequel...ever) wearing conspiracy moonbats that slurp on fruit punch laced with LSD....in other words, 'Cerebral Paulsies". ;)

For those politicians who do not show up, we could snail mail a copy to their office

Given in another thread that RP will be there personally (assuming it is true) he could sign them...

I don't know...is this idea even worth expanding upon or would the logistics/security be a nightmare??

Cheers...

Andrew76
05-06-2008, 09:09 AM
Ok, if I can offer another two cents... Here's where it seems we are:

1) Many want to do this and are willing to donate money and/or time in some fashion.

2) A website, something simple, maybe even one page, where a chipin would be located, and perhaps a money thermometer, and a statement of intent, something like: "Our purpose is to send a copy of Ron Paul's book, "Revolution: A Manifesto," to all U.S. congressmen, senators, et al. It is our hope that each and every copy will be read, and it's contents seriously considered."

3) Now we must figure out the logistics. How, literally, will we get each copy paid for, and out to each representative? And if we want to include a personal letter in each one, how will we do that as well?

So it seems that number "3" is where we're really stuck, as a website is just a matter of time/domain name.

Ordering 500+ books, paying for them, having them all sent to a various locations at which individual letters will be stuffed into them seems to me to be an almost impossibly complicated task, let alone the packaging and mailing aspect.

My thinking is that if one particular group of folks in one particular location in the U.S. would volunteer (I'm sure many meetups would volunteer) to a) recieve all the books b) package them and c) address them and arrange a UPS pickup (which UPS will do), that this would be the most efficient plan: All books, one location, team of people/Ron Paul volunteers packaging, addressing, arranging a UPS pickup.

Furthermore, it seems that only a situation like this would allow personalized/individualized letters to be packaged with the books.

So, who has some warehouse space we can send 500+ books to? ;)

newyearsrevolution08
05-06-2008, 09:13 AM
No chip in,

a book by book basis would be simplest and allow people to send to a specific person and write something. This would also allow it to be grassroots and simple and no one having to take on a bulk responsibility.

Have something simple where people can select people off of a list to buy and ship a book to including a personal note as well.

It is easier if everyone took care of shipping their 5-10 books instead of them all going to me for instance to then ship out. This also is great for anyone who already has a few copies and wants to send one out to help the cause. They can choose a senator, congressman, active duty military or whomever and do it.

All that would be needed is the design and a script to be able for people to add people to specific groups (congress, senate, army, navy) as well as be able to click the person and "buy and ship" the manifesto option which would then remove the person from the page so only one gets shipped. I do think it would be great for people to have to input tracking information even if it is just the tracking number and we have to hand enter it. This would be great to see it showing on ups as "delivered" at the various places.

Only thing I can see going bad is people being able to add themselves to get a free book or something so there would need to be a "mod" function as well as the "buy and ship" maybe having someone click it on all of the people to mess with the system. Maybe they need to submit tracking for it to count or something.

Andrew76
05-06-2008, 09:44 AM
No chip in,

a book by book basis would be simplest and allow people to send to a specific person and write something. This would also allow it to be grassroots and simple and no one having to take on a bulk responsibility.

Have something simple where people can select people off of a list to buy and ship a book to including a personal note as well.

It is easier if everyone took care of shipping their 5-10 books instead of them all going to me for instance to then ship out. This also is great for anyone who already has a few copies and wants to send one out to help the cause. They can choose a senator, congressman, active duty military or whomever and do it.

All that would be needed is the design and a script to be able for people to add people to specific groups (congress, senate, army, navy) as well as be able to click the person and "buy and ship" the manifesto option which would then remove the person from the page so only one gets shipped. I do think it would be great for people to have to input tracking information even if it is just the tracking number and we have to hand enter it. This would be great to see it showing on ups as "delivered" at the various places.

Only thing I can see going bad is people being able to add themselves to get a free book or something so there would need to be a "mod" function as well as the "buy and ship" maybe having someone click it on all of the people to mess with the system. Maybe they need to submit tracking for it to count or something.

Well, that would be simple, but two things strike me as difficult. One, if it's all up to individuals to send books to their respective representatives, not to put anyone down, but it's a guarunteed way of ensuring that many people will sign up to do so, but not send the book. We'd have to take their word that they'd buy the book, write the note, and send it out.

Second, the website idea with the "adding people to groups," and "buy and ship" option would literally require setting up an online bookstore, not just a registration website, if I'm understanding you correctly. Otherwise, if it's just a site that shows "who has dibs on which representative," then your back to the honor system, which again, I'm not entirely against, I'm just for a 100% success rate of all 500+ books being paid for and sent out to each and every representative.

However, I agree that if we could stress to everyone who volunteers how important this task is, the "honor system," of doing things would be quite simple as well.

And to be sure, in my scenario, I don't mean that one person would recieve, package and mail all the books. It would be a central location which would recieve all the books, and a group of volunteers to process them, and UPS will literally pick them all up from that same central location and send them off. The hard part in that scenario would be a) paying for all the books b) where would we be able to buy 500+ books in one order? c) getting money to the volunteer group to pay for shipping 500+ books via UPS.

Hmm....

newyearsrevolution08
05-06-2008, 08:14 PM
They only count once they enter the tracking information, or at least that is the simplest way I see being able to MAKE SURE the "honor" system is being used correctly. It can be as simple as it needs to be or as difficult as it needs to be.

Either way, its in the idea phase but getting a single person to do this large effort versus some people bored and being able to ship 5 books here and there will work.

I am looking at this as an ongoing effort and not to be done a.s.a.p. before November, now if we can get all the books out by then THEN great.

I see this idea more of an evolving effort that allows people to send to various people and it would be an "honor" system of sorts MINUS having to enter the tracking to make sure it got shipped AND was sent to the correct address anyways.

Then if there is ever an issue of "if" they are getting shipped, if there is no tracking then it was not shipped.

Any thoughts either way is very welcomed, if anyone wants to develop "their idea" of this and it works then GREAT. Any thoughts, efforts or general discussion on how to get this ball moving and not spinning in circles...

My thoughts

1. simple
2. independent of anyone who can "cash in" on this
3. ability to write a personal note
4. ability to add a person to the list based on groups
5. mod ability to delete any "new adds" as well as ability to "confirm shipping"
6. any possible profit no matter how small would go 100% to buying more books to ship
7. allows a person to buy and ship as many or as little books as they want including to active duty military, congress and so on

Maybe there could be a "confirmed books shipped" ticker next to different peoples names, for instance I can see MANY people wanting to ship the manifesto to ONE specific person whether to prove a point or just to make sure they GET A BOOK. SO there might be over the years a spot where George W. Bush has 17 confirmed shipped books to date. This would allow people to first KNOW other CONFIRMED books have been shipped BUT they can do the same IF THEY WANT.

There might be plenty of people who would like to send their "personalized letter" and manifesto to those who are helping destroy our country and odds are many of those people will get multiple copies which I think would further stress the point that WE ARE NOT GOING AWAY and will be taking this nation back with or without them.

Mahkato
05-06-2008, 08:59 PM
Maybe everyone who's going to the D.C. march should bring along dozen copies of the book and leave them all on the front steps. It would be pretty awesome to see Congressmen trying to make their way past stacks and stacks of Ron Paul books.

newyearsrevolution08
05-07-2008, 12:09 AM
Also imagine leaving them in all hotels and motels like the book of mormon and bible as well? There really is a need to get this book out to everyone. If you have read it then you will 100% understand WHY Ron Paul is NOT wrong on any level.

I think having local ron paul book reading clubs, giving them as gifts to all relatives and friends and so on is something that should continue for years to come.

newyearsrevolution08
05-07-2008, 12:56 AM
We need domain name ideas for this effort. If you have a great name for this effort then pm me as soon as possible OR write about it here in this thread.

We will get this going, I also want to see what the costs of the audio version are as well so we can possible send BOTH or allow a person to buy one or both if wanted.

I myself learn better with the audio version BUT others enjoy reading BUT just a thought.

This is where all the discussion for this effort is now going

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=136337

and is now called "REVOLUTION BY MAIL"