PDA

View Full Version : Update on Maine Convention - Day 2 - 1:30pm

hillertexas
05-03-2008, 11:55 AM
http://www.politickerme.com/wallyedgeme/1478/twelve-national-delegate-slots-grabs

Twelve national delegate slots up for grabs
By Wally Edge

As the convention begins to wind down, republicans will be selecting 12 more delegates to attend the national convention in St. Paul.

The Ron Paul campaign is trying to win a few more delegates, but so far has been fairly out gunned by a well organized McCain operation.

The McCain team has distributed a list of delegates and alternates that they are pushing. The flyer urges convention goers to support those folks listed on the flyer.

The flyer also states " these loyal GOP supporters have pledged their support to our nominee Sen. John McCain and can be counted on to act in the best interest of the maine Republican Party at the national convention."

http://www.politickerme.com/jessicaalaimo/1479/convention-update-130-pm

Convention update: 1:30 p.m.
By Jessica Alaimo

Delegates are working through lunch to discuss the party platform. Next they will elect national delegates and hear from Fox News contributor Cal Thomas.

U.S. Sens. Susan Collins and Olympia Snowe spoke – wasn’t much we haven’t heard before but it got the crowd excited. Snowe spoke of her support for Collins’ reelection, and her plans to help Republicans across the state get elected.

The senators both urged party unity as the Democrats continue to fight over their pick for a presidential nominee.

Collins brought up a comment PolitickerME’s own Wally Edge made on a recent post. “Commentator Wally Edge said he expected this convention to be contentious,” Collins said. “Has he seen what’s going on with the Democrats?”

Both senators urged support for John McCain. Collins drew contrasts between herself and likely opponent Tom Allen on a number of issues.

Check back later for video on all speeches.

Jeremy
05-03-2008, 12:23 PM
did they do the RP vid yet?

hillertexas
05-03-2008, 12:36 PM
did they do the RP vid yet?

No word of that (that I can find)

Matt Davidson
05-03-2008, 01:02 PM
I'm dying to know if you guys have a delegate slate printout to counter the mccain approved nonsense. Those are a MUST HAVE for conventions like this for future reference.

rodo1776
05-03-2008, 01:07 PM
what was the final vote for Republican National committeewoman? There was an RP woman running right? What was the vote total on that? Anyone have that?

Could be an indicator of how many votes we have. Sorry if this has already been posted. Can't find it anywhere

Eric21ND
05-03-2008, 01:10 PM
I'm dying to know if you guys have a delegate slate printout to counter the mccain approved nonsense. Those are a MUST HAVE for conventions like this for future reference.
Can you post an example of this?

Join The Paul Side
05-03-2008, 01:44 PM
That's pretty slick of them to push flyers of their neocon delegates. I see since Nevada they've been doing their homework. Seems we need new battle strategies for future conventions. :(

Bradley in DC
05-03-2008, 01:49 PM
what was the final vote for Republican National committeewoman? There was an RP woman running right?
Could be an indicator of how many votes we have.

Maybe, maybe not. While the RNC National Committeeman (and woman) get votes on the nominee at the convention, it is ex officio from their other role.

Also, in DC (no idea about anywhere else), the three "party leader" delegates have to vote for the winner of our primary (yes, totally different sets of rules here).

Just questions, no answers here, sorry. :o

rodo1776
05-03-2008, 01:57 PM
Bradley I understand your point. BUT DOES ANYONE HAVE THAT VOTE? What was the final for RNC woman in Maine?