PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Interview With CardPlayer Magazine

TheEngineer
05-03-2008, 10:01 AM
Presidential Candidate Ron Paul Talks About UIGEA
www.cardplayer.com/poker-news/article/11942/presidential-candidate-ron-paul-talks-about-uigea

Protector of Personal Freedoms, Helping End the UIGEA

Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul is one of those rare politicians who seems to be in office for reasons other than ego or personal gain.

Closer to being a Libertarian than a contemporary Republican, he has served more than 10 years representing Texans in the House of Representatives since 1976 (he’s been in office since 1997, but served two other times). He believes the government should stay as far out of Americans’ lives as possible and sees the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act (UIGEA) as a dangerous precedent in the battle to regulate the Internet.

Paul is an outspoken opponent of the UIGEA and is a co-signer of Congressman Barney Frank’s bill that would prevent Federal employees from implementing the rules of the UIGEA, which would essentially kill it. He has been critical of the UIGEA during committee hearings about the bill......

TheEngineer
05-03-2008, 10:02 AM
digg at http://digg.com/politics/Presidential_Candidate_Ron_Paul_On_Internet_Poker_ Laws

TheEngineer
05-03-2008, 10:02 AM
LOL at:

CP: If asked, would you accept the VP nomination?

RP: Probably not, but I’m quite certain I won’t be asked. That’s not going to happen, because [John] McCain’s views and mine coincide hardly at all. He’s taken positions that are much closer to the Democratic party’s, and he’s certainly not a stickler for the Constitution like I am.

Bruno
05-03-2008, 10:13 AM
Another great interview.

TheEngineer
05-04-2008, 02:35 PM
Another great interview.

Yes, it was very solid, for sure. I'm glad Dr. Paul is standing up for liberty.