PDA

View Full Version : Mike Huckabee 'til the end?

123tim
05-03-2008, 07:46 AM
I was Reading an article about Ron Paul still being in the race. I also read that Mike Huckabee would be on the ballot in N.C.

I was sort of surprised by this because Mike Huckabee dropped out a week or two after getting his name on the ballot in Pennsylvania.

I assumed that Pennsylvania would be the last state to have Mike Huckabee on the ballot. Obviously I was wrong.

The article was very similar to ones that I read in Pennsylvania before our election. The wording says nothing about Mike Huckabee dropping out, and is crafted to imply that Mike Huckabee is doing exactly same thing as Ron Paul. It said something close to "Ron Paul is still campaigning and will be one of several choices for Republican candidate including Mike Huckabee"

When I was handing out delegate sheets at the polls, a woman stopped to talk to another. She was saying that Mike Huckabee "must" still be in the race. She said that she called her husband to tell him this.

It's sad that our fellow Americans don't know enough about what's going on to know who is still running. It's sadder still that the media is so deceptive and manipulative.

My question is this....Will Mike Huckabee be on every remaining State ballot?
Is there any Republican ballot that he will not be on?

acroso
05-03-2008, 07:47 AM
They got the signatures necessary to be on the ballot long ago. Once that is done, your name is on.

Jeremy
05-03-2008, 07:48 AM
I'm pretty sure he won't be on future ones like SD

123tim
05-03-2008, 07:50 AM
They got the signatures necessary to be on the ballot long ago. Once that is done, your name is on.

Bummer. I assumed that the later states would be collecting signatures later than us. I guess that I was wrong about that.

DrAmy31415
05-03-2008, 08:01 AM
A correction: The title should be "Mike Huckabee until the end of time." Meaning the apocalypse, for those of you who are heathens and don't understand such concepts.

Thank you.

DrAmy

HollyforRP
05-03-2008, 09:06 AM
A correction: The title should be "Mike Huckabee until the end of time." Meaning the apocalypse, for those of you who are heathens and don't understand such concepts.

Thank you.

DrAmy

I hope you are using a proxy "dr" ;)

NCGOPer_for_Paul
05-03-2008, 09:06 AM
Huckabee is not on the Montana ballot, that much I know.

Under the rules of NC, Huckabee can still win national delegates from NC.

I convinced two anti-McCain Huckabee supporters at a Mecklenburg Executive Committee to stand for National Delegate for Mike Huckabee if he wins a high enough percentage in the primary. (If Huckabee gets 5%, I'd much rather have real Huckabee delegates than McCain-bots who will "vote" for Huckabee because they have to.)

DrAmy31415
05-03-2008, 09:23 AM
I hope you are using a proxy "dr" ;)

What is this "proxy" of which you speak? If it isn't a medical device, I have little use for it. ;)

With sincere regard,

DrAmy

rprprs
05-03-2008, 09:26 AM

WHY? If a candidate formally withdraws, how difficult can it be to come up with some mechanism to strike their name from the ballot?

Allowing it to remain only serves to further confuse an already-confused electorate.

I voted in PA and was disturbed to see Huckabee on the ballot even there. Whether they were protest votes or not, Dr. Paul's 16% could have been substantially larger had Huck's name not been there.

freedom-maniac
05-03-2008, 09:43 AM
What is this "proxy" of which you speak? If it isn't a medical device, I have little use for it. ;)

With sincere regard,

DrAmy

What's up Doc?

DrAmy31415
05-03-2008, 09:45 AM
What's up Doc?

Mr. Maniac,

Am I to assume that your question is a rhetorical one?

Most agreeably yours,

DrAmy

kigol
05-03-2008, 09:51 AM
:(

James Madison
05-03-2008, 10:07 AM
He was on the Republican ballot in Indiana along with RP and Romney.

123tim
05-04-2008, 06:21 AM
One thing that I was thinking as I was standing at the polls (Too late of course) was that I should have put signs in front of each polling station saying something like "Mike Huckabee is on the ballot but out of the race" I think that the officials would have even let me put one inside of the building.

Maybe I should make a separate post about doing this?

skyorbit
05-04-2008, 06:46 AM
I'm pretty sure he won't be on future ones like SD

Wrong. Our Ballot actually has 5 slates of delegates. Ron Paul, McCain, Undeclared, Romney,Huccabee.

Now Ron Paul, McCain, and Undeclared are the only 3 that have a full slate of delegates running. But as long as people show up at the state convention wanting to be delegates, they're on the ballot. (Huccabee had 3 and Romney had 1) What that means is that if Huccabee or Romney get 20% of the vote. They'll make up the rest of the 5-6 delegates by the party just appointing people.

Huccabee and Romney, neither one, had submitted a notice to remove their name prior to the caucuses. Even after the caucuses they had untill March 25th to do so but neither did.

It should be pretty obvious to people though. Ron Paul and MCCain have a full list of delegates listed on the ballot. Romney and Huccabee just have 2 or 3 so you'd think the voters would know they're both out.

Tracy

123tim
05-04-2008, 08:07 PM
Wrong. Our Ballot actually has 5 slates of delegates. Ron Paul, McCain, Undeclared, Romney,Huccabee.

Now Ron Paul, McCain, and Undeclared are the only 3 that have a full slate of delegates running. But as long as people show up at the state convention wanting to be delegates, they're on the ballot. (Huccabee had 3 and Romney had 1) What that means is that if Huccabee or Romney get 20% of the vote. They'll make up the rest of the 5-6 delegates by the party just appointing people.

Huccabee and Romney, neither one, had submitted a notice to remove their name prior to the caucuses. Even after the caucuses they had untill March 25th to do so but neither did.

It should be pretty obvious to people though. Ron Paul and MCCain have a full list of delegates listed on the ballot. Romney and Huccabee just have 2 or 3 so you'd think the voters would know they're both out.
Tracy

I hope that you're right about voters knowing that the others are out Tracy. However from my experience in PA this was not the case. Some papers were printing articles saying that Mike Huckabee and Ron Paul were in the same boat and doing the same thing. :( It's hard to believe that we have to contend with this.

nate895
05-04-2008, 08:14 PM
He was on the PA ballot because you need to withdraw your name 1-3 months before the election, depending on the state. He was on NC's because the party decides who's on the ballot in NC. I'm not sure about the other states, but he probably won't be on many ballots coming up.