PDA

View Full Version : Rate my flyer please.

shadowhooch
08-22-2007, 10:37 AM
I created this one-page flyer in Word. Here is the jist of what it looks like. I wanted an all-encompassing handout about Ron Paul. And I love bulletpoints. Any recomendations or mis-statements I made? Anything important I left out? Thanks for any input!

RON PAUL
FOR PRESIDENT 2008

QUALIFICATIONS:
Military Veteran: Flight surgeon in the US Air Force & Air National Guard (‘63-68).
Healthcare Industry Experience: Medical Doctor having delivered over 4,000 babies.
Politics: Currently serving his 10th term in Congress as a US Representative.
Economics: Well-versed and has authored several books and countless articles on economic philosophy.

VOTING RECORD (known as Dr. No in Congress):
Never voted to raise taxes. Repeatedly named “Taxpayers Best Friend” in Congress.
Never voted for an unbalanced budget.
Never voted to raise congressional pay and returns a portion of his office budget each year.
Never taken a government-paid junket.
Never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.
Never voted for a restriction on gun ownership.
Does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.
Only Republican who voted against the Iraq War in 2002 citing that it would have unforeseen consequences and distracts from the real goal of fighting terrorism and getting Bin Laden.
Voted against the Patriot Act and against every bill contrary to or prohibited by the US Constitution.
Voted against regulating the internet.
Ron Paul is a proven, dependable conservative who is for smaller government, less spending, less taxes, and more freedom and privacy for the individual.

GOALS:
Stop nation-building and policing the world. Bring our troops home from Iraq and the 140 other countries they are currently stationed in to protect our own borders.
Cut the out-of-control government spending. The US currently spends close to a Trillion dollars each year overseas to maintain our “empire”. This should be spent on OUR infrastructure instead.
Decrease the size and scope of the Federal government. Problems are better addressed at the State and local levels than going through layers of Federal bureaucracy.
Institute sound economic practices. Stop the central bankers’ “inflation tax” they create when they print more money to cover government shortfalls. It only serves to debase the currency.
Let Americans keep more of their money. With decreased spending and scope of the Federal government, we can end the IRS and the Federal income tax.
Secure our borders and end illegal immigration. Enforce Visas, say no to amnesty, and end “birthright” citizenship.
Protect our Constitutional rights. Support freedom, the rights of individuals and limit government interference in private lives.
Uphold American Independence and Sovereignty. We must withdraw from any organizations and trade deals that infringe upon the freedom and independence of the United States of America.
Restore Healthcare. Allow full $ for $ tax credits on medical expenses, restore the doctor-patient relationship instead of going through the government-created middleman (HMOs), and encourage free market competition to decrease prices – see Lasik Eye surgery as a prime example.

TAKE ACTION AND VOTE IN THE PRIMARIES!

RONPAUL2008.COM ronpaullibrary.org

IRO-bot
08-22-2007, 10:41 AM
I would say one of the best ones I have seen. It covers all the issues that people find important.

nayjevin
08-22-2007, 10:48 AM
it is very good, and to the point

Economics: Well-versed and has authored several books and countless articles on economic philosophy.

you might mention his tenure on the house banking committee:

While serving in Congress during the late 1970s and early 1980s, Dr. Paul’s limited-government ideals were not popular in Washington. In 1976, he was one of only four Republican congressmen to endorse Ronald Reagan for president.

During that time, Congressman Paul served on the House Banking committee, where he was a strong advocate for sound monetary policy and an outspoken critic of the Federal Reserve’s inflationary measures.

and that....

He presently serves on the House Committee on Financial Services and the House Committee on Foreign Affairs.

also, i would recommend including these links:

See Ron speak on YouTube:
www.youtube.com/ronpaul2008dotcom

Read what Ron writes about the issues:
www.ronpaullibrary.com

amga49
08-27-2007, 11:34 AM
Hi, great flyer. Could you perhaps email me the word file so that I can print this flyer and post it around my neighborhood?

Man from La Mancha
08-27-2007, 11:36 AM
Smart no abortion or guns mentioned. Nice job

M.Bellmore
08-27-2007, 11:53 AM
Good job! I

contacted one student newspaper in MI and they allow 8 1/2 x 11 flyers as inserts (costs $375 for their 6000 paper circulation). I was thinking the founding fathers flyer on one side and either your flyer or some sort of candidate comparison one on the other.

Rivington Essex
08-27-2007, 12:07 PM
I would rate it B+.

I would leasd with a section on Winning:

Ron Paul beat Rudy Giuliani and John McCain in New Hampshire and Iowa.
He won straw polls in Alabama, Pennsylvania, and Washington.
Ron Paul has the most friends on MySpace.
Ron Paul is the most searched-for candidate on Google.

I keep saying this on the board; We have two assets, the internet and the straw poll victories. Everyone likes a winner. This is actually a proven (unfortunately). People follow the herd.

The win, win, win message sounds like I am massaging the numbers a bit… and I am. But it is all true. In NY giving out flyers I have informally tested getting people attention and saying stuff like “freedom,” “he wants to eliminate the IRS” and he wants to dump the FED” and all receive blank stares. When we say “Ron Paul wins in Alabama” or anything else, people take our flyer. People want to know who is winning.

America likes a winer.

LibertyEagle
08-27-2007, 12:21 PM
When you get finished putting this together, would you please post it in "Campaign Material"?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45

fj45lvr
08-27-2007, 01:14 PM
nice job

I think the phrase "let ameicans keep more of their money" needs some help because I don't believe that Paul thinks the Fed Gov. is our Parent granting what we can and connot "keep" as all powerful.....for the people by the people.

maybe "Advocating a stop to the federal government consuming so much our earnings"

the "keep" thing really is a burr under the saddle.

fj45lvr
08-27-2007, 01:20 PM
Actually Paul describes much of what happens to our money being consumed by the Federal Gov. as THEFT......so in this sense we would be advocating the Federal gov. as being able to "keep" what they have stolen?? it sounds like this is tacit approval.

lucius
08-27-2007, 01:25 PM
Good job!

Kregener
08-27-2007, 01:31 PM
Never voted for a restriction on gun ownership.

No mention of guns?

I would submit that if you actually want 80 million gun owners to sit up and notice Ron Paul, his staunch 2nd Amendment advocacy should be mentioned at every opportunity!

It is THE issue with more people that I know than I can count.

billm317
08-27-2007, 01:47 PM
nitpicking a bit here
are the periods at the end of each point grammatically correct?

McDermit
08-27-2007, 02:31 PM
This is great, TONS of info packed into one easy to read flyer.

shadowhooch
08-27-2007, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the input all.

I made a few very minor changes.

If anyone knows how to attach a word file, I would attach it to this post for everyone to use or change. Just let me know if someone does.

The main thing I wish my flyer would have is a picture of Ron Paul. But I'm not that good at this stuff.

Thunderbolt
08-27-2007, 04:48 PM

Thunderbolt
08-27-2007, 04:54 PM

Thunderbolt
08-27-2007, 04:56 PM

Thunderbolt
08-27-2007, 05:08 PM

Thunderbolt
08-27-2007, 05:14 PM

quickmike
08-27-2007, 05:18 PM
I think its a terrible flyer........................reason?

Its gonna make all the other republican candidates look like liberals.

Good job!!

CurtisLow
08-27-2007, 05:47 PM
Great job on the flyer!

amga49
08-27-2007, 06:41 PM
Thunderbolt: I saved the picture on my computer by right clicking on it and clicking save image.

Shadowhooch: If you can email me at amga49@gmail.com and attach the new updated word file of your flyer then I could try my best to add the picture that Thunderbolt recommended onto it. I will then try to post the flyer with the new picture here for everyone to view and/or use.

0zzy
08-27-2007, 06:44 PM
Stop nation-building and policing the world. Bring our troops home from Iraq and the 140 other countries they are currently stationed in to protect our own borders.

Might not mention the 140 countries. The Iraq/middle east will go over well, but the 140 countries will make them think he's crazy + he can't do it in 8 years span (but he wants to phase it out I know)

Kuldebar
08-27-2007, 06:46 PM
Might not mention the 140 countries. The Iraq/middle east will go over well, but the 140 countries will make them think he's crazy + he can't do it in 8 years span (but he wants to phase it out I know)

I think having troops in 140 countries is crazy. And, yes bringing troops home from countries we aren't at war with is rather straightforward.