PDA

View Full Version : A message to our foreign meetups

Sematary
08-22-2007, 10:32 AM
I know you are out there and we appreciate your efforts. Here's an idea for you...

Go to your local airports where flights coming from the states originated and hold up signs, pass out literature to Americans who are visiting. Just a thought.

ronpaulhawaii
08-22-2007, 10:49 AM
Or write letters to the editor to American newspapers expressing the worlds hope that we put a sensible man in office.

Or sign wave in front of the US embassy.

Or organize a massive rally for "Hope for the World"

definetely do the airport/tourist zone thing though. It's a great idea and we need all the help we can get.

maxmerkel
08-22-2007, 11:29 AM
i live in heidelberg, germany near the campell barracks :
* United States Army Europe Headquarter
* NATO Allied Land Component Command Headquarters
* V. US Army Corps
* 7th Army
i thought about handing out flyers too, but :
i don't want to end up as collateral damage while telling american soldiers in a bad german accent whom they should elect president next year :eek:

Dustancostine
08-22-2007, 11:34 AM
Do you have any American friends there?

maxmerkel
08-22-2007, 11:54 AM
if i had i would have converted them already ;)

ok, i'll definitely think about it, but its getting late and soccer starts soon, i have to leave to still find some place in the pub ...
England - Germany for the first time in the *New* Wembley Stadion
a must see ;)
Their last game in the *old* wembley stadion was 2000, of course against germany, we kicked them out of the world cup qualification, hehe, that was their very last game in the old wembley stadion, they are still mad at us :p :p

Dustancostine
08-22-2007, 03:18 PM
Good luck in your match.

Brasil Branco
08-22-2007, 03:20 PM
I actually think that may get me arrested in Heathrow... no joke, but worth a shot.

mdh
08-22-2007, 03:48 PM
OP, awesome idea...

Military bases, too.

Sematary
08-22-2007, 11:46 PM
* V. US Army Corps
* 7th Army
i don't want to end up as collateral damage while telling american soldiers in a bad german accent whom they should elect president next year :eek:

Talk to them at the bars.;)

ronpaulhawaii
08-23-2007, 06:57 AM
* V. US Army Corps
* 7th Army

I would think that the myth of The American president being the "Leader of the Free World" empowers you to have a say in our election. Plus you don't have to "tell" them anything. Just state your hope that America returns to a sense of decency that Ron Paul represents.

I actually think that may get me arrested in Heathrow... no joke, but worth a shot.

While foriegners getting arrested for stumping for RP would make for some interesting news stories, the sacrifice it would entail are a worry. I applaud your willingness to consider it, however there are probably safer tourist areas to operate in.

Another idea would be a massive "petition" signed by y'alls ;) countrymen, delivered to the embassies, and covered by the media. In it you could state that what happens in America affects the entire world and that a Ron Paul Presidency would promote peace and prosperity for us all.

Lastly, I would mention that without foriegn help, we might have lost the original revolution. We still remember that. Any help you can give in this one will be equally appreciated

with much aloha,

m

DjLoTi
08-23-2007, 07:01 AM
lol max. Germany is badass. I miss it.

Anyone in another country, let me know if you'd like to have a radio show. I'd like to have someone from another country to have a show, to give us another perception and tell people what a Ron Paul presidency would mean to you. Email me at DjLoTi@ronpaulradio .com

Brasil Branco
08-23-2007, 07:29 AM
While foriegners getting arrested for stumping for RP would make for some interesting news stories, the sacrifice it would entail are a worry. I applaud your willingness to consider it, however there are probably safer tourist areas to operate in.

I think I can do it more subtley- I guess I could go to the airport and hold up a sign with "Ron Paul" on it and wait at the arrivals. I'm in Vienna right now, and the problem is there's not a lot of traffic directly from the United States- most have to transfer from Paris or Frankfurt- so it's difficult to tell when Americans will arrive.

Heathrow would probally be better, since it's the largest airport in the world (I think), but I won't be able to do anything until October, and even then- actually getting to Heathrow is the biggest pain in the ass imaginable. It is possibly one of the most unpleasant places the earth has to offer. I would rather be on a plane full of crying babies than go through security in Heathrow. I'll see if the London meetup is going to do anything around then.

I'll see about Vienna, that might be easier.

gtjwkq
08-23-2007, 07:54 AM
I know you are out there and we appreciate your efforts. Here's an idea for you...

Go to your local airports where flights coming from the states originated and hold up signs, pass out literature to Americans who are visiting. Just a thought.
That is a genius idea, I loved it!

"Vote for Ron Paul when you go back to USA or your country may end up like ours!"

maxmerkel
08-23-2007, 08:14 AM
I would think that the myth of The American president being the "Leader of the Free World" empowers you to have a say in our election. Plus you don't have to "tell" them anything. Just state your hope that America returns to a sense of decency that Ron Paul represents.

ok i'll give it a try this weekend, just hand out some flyers and talk to people. (i wonder where because since 9/11 there is a fence around the military villages and you have to show some sort of id to get in ....)

there was an alternation of the official campaign flyer, a more "liberal" one, i can't find it right now, does anybody have the link ?

i also plan to burn some audio cd's for people that sound interested so that they can get to know his positions while driving in their car or so, what interviews should i use ? i was thinking of the New Hampshire public radio interview and the Kaiser Family Foundation interview ? or should i use shorter soundbyte interviews ? tucker/lou dobbs/mike gallagher/mikelson and stuff like that ? any thoughts on this ?

---
btw, germany of course won against england (2:1) in wembley, they didn't beat us over there for 32 years hehe

Brasil Branco
08-23-2007, 08:26 AM
Alliright guys, it's settled- going with my friend to the airport tomorrow.

Will report on how it goes :)

Sematary
08-23-2007, 08:52 AM
Alliright guys, it's settled- going with my friend to the airport tomorrow.

Will report on how it goes :)

nice

ronpaulhawaii
08-23-2007, 09:55 AM
Wow... The world joins in...

I am humbled by the sheer greatness of our cause and the willingness of our supporters to do whatever they can.

Thank you and I wish you success and enjoyment in the process. I'd go look up some flyers for you but am sitting in a dentists chair at the moment (eek!!!)

OURPLAN
08-23-2007, 10:21 AM
Good luck at the airport, and don't get arrested!

Give us a full report:)

ghemminger
08-23-2007, 10:28 AM
Wow this is exciting.....lol Foriegn nationals can donate to Grassroots efforts....I'd appreciate any support at marchacrossamerica or Ron Paul Radio right now...

It does cost much money and time to run grassroots campaigns

Brasil Branco
08-23-2007, 10:33 AM
Will do!

Maybe I should bring some material in case anyone asks who he is- does anyone have some links to flyers I can print out and use?

Edit: Ahh, thanks Hawaii!

surf
08-23-2007, 10:36 AM
Max, As a German i'm sure you know that the best export from America for Germany would be a good goalie (i'd take Howard, Friedel, and Hahnemann over Lehman any day). Obviously the same could be said for England. Good win.

I take that back, a goalie is second, Ron and Freedom are first.

-i'm still angry about Torsten Frings

ronpaulhawaii
08-23-2007, 11:25 AM
Will do!

Maybe I should bring some material in case anyone asks who he is- does anyone have some links to flyers I can print out and use?

Edit: Ahh, thanks Hawaii!

The Tri-folds from HQ

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/get-involved/

or these can be modified to fit the location

http://files.meetup.com/507876/who%20is%20Ron%20Paul%20%20flyer.pdf

It's great to be working with you.

This may call for a Luau in DC 2009 and you'll all be invited:D

Nefertiti
08-25-2007, 07:28 AM
Please read the FEC rules about foreign nationals getting involved in campaigns. I think some of what is being encouraged here is ILLEGAL:

http://www.fec.gov/pages/brochures/foreign.shtml

If we really are consistent in our support of Ron Paul's policy of non-interventionism overseas we shouldn't be encouraging those overseas to be intervening in our own elections. It's hypocritical and could damage the campaign. And believe me, going to airports overseas and waving signs at Americans about Ron Paul will in many cases scare Americans away from Ron Paul because they will believe he is being supported by foreign agents and therefore can't possibly be for the best interest of Americans.

Sematary
08-25-2007, 07:34 AM
Please read the FEC rules about foreign nationals getting involved in campaigns. I think some of what is being encouraged here is ILLEGAL:

If we really are consistent in our support of Ron Paul's policy of non-interventionism overseas we shouldn't be encouraging those overseas to be intervening in our own elections. It's hypocritical and could damage the campaign. And believe me, going to airports overseas and waving signs at Americans about Ron Paul will in many cases scare Americans away from Ron Paul because they will believe he is being supported by foreign agents and therefore can't possibly be for the best interest of Americans.

I don't believe anyone here is asking a foreign nation to do anything. We ARE asking foreign INDIVIDUALS to share their resources with us so WE can do what WE want as individuals. Remember - no connection to the campaign - no worries.

Brasil Branco
08-25-2007, 07:36 AM

I am an individual- why not stop being a hypocrite and respect my freedom to support a candidate, even if he is from another country. Don't I have my liberties???!

ronpaulhawaii
08-25-2007, 08:33 AM

Speaking as a lazy, uneducated, twerp;) , my read of the link above does not prohibit anyone from participating in individual grassroots activities such as being discussed. Furthermore, as has been pointed out many times in many ways:

1-We are not RP. IMHO, discouraging someone from excercising their individual liberty is hypocritical in itself. And as a side note, the use of word "intervening" above is a bit liberal and just a rhetorical device.

2- This is an information war we are involved in, the chances of hurting the campaign must be weighed with the chances of helping. I seriously doubt anyone would see these activities as perpetuated by "foreign agents" (another rhetorical device). IMHO these activities could possibly help Americans and should be encouraged

my2¢