PDA

View Full Version : An open letter from a 2008 to all 2007s

soapmistress
05-02-2008, 09:12 PM
:D Thank you, oh how I thank you! Let me count the ways... :D

Thank you for being the matches which have lit this house on fire. The sparks you kindled lit the path for those who followed. We are here now, happily fanning these flames of freedom.

Thank you for being brave when your numbers were small. Maybe you're older, or smarter or faster than us. But we know that we are here to stay.

Thank you for painstakingly documenting the journey. Thank you for lovingly crafting this big, badass tent. Thank you for your sweat, your tears and your spraypaint and your faxes and Youtubes and Diggs and Stumbles and Nolans.

When we caught the freedom fever, afraid that the best thing we've discovered may have already been too late, you were there. As we scoured the airwaves, perplexed, looking for just some morsel of recognition for Ron, we fumed "Where do we go? Where do we go to find out what nobody wants us to find out about?"

We hungered for more, and went to the internet, and you fed us. It was all there, waiting for us to come home to. Our appetite was no less than yours was, and we gratefully feasted on the chronicled bounty you'd left us, like a trail of breadcrumbs going backwards in time to where it all began.

I just now saw the Grand Central Station video for the first time. I just want to say that we honor you. And make no mistake - we are home, and home we'll stay.

Onward!

P.S. Three cheers for more TV sized Ron and less Youtube sized Ron!!! I could get used to this!

WV Freedom Fighter
05-02-2008, 09:24 PM
Great post!

amy31416
05-02-2008, 09:25 PM
You're welcome. I'd like to be modest and say it wasn't all me, but, it really was pretty much all me.

Trevor Lyman can suck eggs. ;)

Onward is right!

P.S. You make soap, right? So, about all that sweat. . .

ronpaulhawaii
05-02-2008, 09:27 PM
nice!

I like seeing all the new blood filter in. Makes me feel kinda like this...

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb19/mkauai/HPIM0978.jpg

soapmistress
05-02-2008, 09:34 PM
That little bitty baby in the background is next! ;)

Cowlesy
05-11-2008, 06:26 AM
It just goes to show that every single day new people find this board, and we need to welcome them and show them what a terrific source of information not just on Ron Paul, but on a variety of topics this board can be!

anaconda
05-14-2008, 01:00 PM
:Thank you for being brave when your numbers were small.

Thank you for the sweet post, soapmistress. And welcome!

But guess what? YOU are in on the ground floor of the Revolution. Our numbers are still very small. Just see what happens when the 2009's are thanking the 2008's and the 2007's!

On behalf of the Revolution I would like to take this opportunity to thank the 1776's!

LittleLightShining
05-14-2008, 01:13 PM

Thank you for being the matches which have lit this house on fire. The sparks you kindled lit the path for those who followed. We are here now, happily fanning these flames of freedom.

Thank you for being brave when your numbers were small. Maybe you're older, or smarter or faster than us. But we know that we are here to stay.

Thank you for painstakingly documenting the journey. Thank you for lovingly crafting this big, badass tent. Thank you for your sweat, your tears and your spraypaint and your faxes and Youtubes and Diggs and Stumbles and Nolans.

When we caught the freedom fever, afraid that the best thing we've discovered may have already been too late, you were there. As we scoured the airwaves, perplexed, looking for just some morsel of recognition for Ron, we fumed "Where do we go? Where do we go to find out what nobody wants us to find out about?"

We hungered for more, and went to the internet, and you fed us. It was all there, waiting for us to come home to. Our appetite was no less than yours was, and we gratefully feasted on the chronicled bounty you'd left us, like a trail of breadcrumbs going backwards in time to where it all began.

I just now saw the Grand Central Station video for the first time. I just want to say that we honor you. And make no mistake - we are home, and home we'll stay.

Onward!

P.S. Three cheers for more TV sized Ron and less Youtube sized Ron!!! I could get used to this!

+1

Here's my contribution (http://www.kodakgallery.com/PhotoView.jsp?UV=291216203414_41351785515&collid=59073732415.81285091515.1210792101101&photoid=62294091515&folderid=0&view=1&page=1&sort_order=&albumsperpage =&navfolderid=2008) to the next generation.

Bruno
05-14-2008, 01:17 PM

Onward!

I second that emotion! Thanks to all!

Hurricane Bruiser
05-15-2008, 02:43 PM
It is good to see new blood join the forces of us committed to Constitutional government and a return of liberty and freedom to this country. I've been more busy with my work than I care too and so keep the flame alive people! I love the success I am seeing. The almost $2,000 I poured into this campaign is showing that it was not in vain.