PDA

View Full Version : TOMORROW! Support Ron Paul and Bill at Global Marijuana March

Magicman
05-02-2008, 07:03 PM
This is Ron Paul's Bill to Remove Federal Penalties for use of Marijuana. WE MUST EDUCATE PEOPLE AT THE RALLY AND TELL THEM IT'S NOT THE DEMOCRATS BUT RON PAUL TRYING TO PUSH THIS BILL! This way they can call congress people and get this BILL PASSED! BRING YOUR FLYERS, COPIES OF THIS BILL AND YOUR RON PAUL SIGNS

Please send this as a group message and put on the calender.

Detailed Summary

H.R. 5843 is described as an "Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adults". The bill has been introduced by US Congressman Barney Frank (D-MA) and co-sponsored by US Presidential candidate Ron Paul (R-TX). If passed, this legislation would legalize the possession, use and non-for-profit of up to 100 grams (3.5 ounces) of Marijuana. Under this legislation, adults who consume Marijuana would no longer face arrest, prison or civil fines.

This bill will not affect federal laws prohibiting the sale of Marijuana for profit, nor the import, export and cultivation of Marijuana. It will also not alter the legal status of Marijuana as a Schedule 1 drug according to the Controlled Substances Act.
Status of the Legislation

Latest Major Action: 4/17/2008: Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the Committee on the Judiciary, and in addition to the Committee on Energy and Commerce, for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the jurisdiction of the committee concerned.

http://a683.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/10/l_d2f6a8362b086831467d10b79516d61a.jpg

JOIN US AT HIGH NOON ON MAY 3RD 2008 AT TOMPKINS SQUARE PARK IN THE EAST VILLAGE FOR THE ANNUAL NEW YORK/GLOBAL MARIJUANA MARCH. THIS IS THE NYC CONTRIBUTION TOWARDS THE GLOBALLY COORDINATED MARIJUANA LEGALIZATION MARCHES HAPPENING WORLD WIDE. COME AND LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD. THE MARCH STARTS AT 1:45P.M. AT TOMPKINS SQUARE PARK UP 1ST. AVE. TO THE UNITED NATIONS BUILDING AND DAG HAMMARSKJOLD PLAZA BETWEEN 46TH & 47TH ST. AND BETWEEN 1ST & 2ND AVE. AT 2:30P.M. FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CALL: 212-677-7180

Jeremy
05-02-2008, 07:05 PM
this really has nothing to do with the plant other than that the government has abused their power because of it

amy31416
05-02-2008, 07:11 PM
Personally, I have no interest in smoking the stuff, but how did they manage to outlaw it in the first place? Ridiculous.

It's a damned plant.

ClayTrainor
05-02-2008, 07:32 PM
Marijuana laws are very ridiculous.

I personally do smoke myself and i have friends with criminal records simply because they had pot on them when a cop searched their car. Not even enough to sell, just personal use.

Im a canadian too... American drug laws are simply WAY out of control.

Canada's could be alot better, but we do have it pretty good compared to most.

Perry
05-02-2008, 07:40 PM
I was gonna go but I think I'll just stay at home in my mothers basement and sit on the couch and watch tv:D.

Joseph Hart
05-02-2008, 08:19 PM
Personally, I have no interest in smoking the stuff, but how did they manage to outlaw it in the first place? Ridiculous.

It's a damned plant.

When we were at war with Mexico. Started using other resources for rope and such instead of trading with Mexicans, then finally banned hemp. It should have been temporary.

Magicman
05-03-2008, 12:21 PM
Today!