eok321
05-02-2008, 06:00 PM
Cheers!

Paulitical Correctness
05-02-2008, 06:00 PM
:)

jrskblx125
05-02-2008, 06:03 PM
that biatch at the end pissed me off.... talking about #7 on NYT like she can do better lol... dumb broad

0zzy
05-02-2008, 06:07 PM
that biatch at the end pissed me off.... talking about #7 on NYT like she can do better lol... dumb broad

Mind calming down? He could do better, is this a disputable fact? #7 is not #1. She said we are #1 on Amazon and #7 on NYT Best Seller, not quite at #1 yet though! And people go, "biatch...pisse[s] me off...dumb broad", semma semma.

brunner
05-02-2008, 06:14 PM
Cool. They mentioned the book bomb (http://www.ronpaulbookbomb.com/).

Magicman
05-02-2008, 06:20 PM
Mind calming down? He could do better, is this a disputable fact? #7 is not #1. She said we are #1 on Amazon and #7 on NYT Best Seller, not quite at #1 yet though! And people go, "biatch...pisse[s] me off...dumb broad", semma semma.

Yeah, #7 on New York Times and that was before all the massive promotion within past 2 days.

I suspect it will be within top three within next few weeks.

Rhys
05-02-2008, 06:33 PM

well, "these are the same supporters" that get sick of the cocky little attitudes from these hacks. We've pledged to get pissed, "at least one" time.

the book bomb had little to do with anything. we didn't need to bomb this book. we all wanted it anyway, and it came out at a certain time. that's like saying a harry potter book bomb cause the shit sells well. They just wanted to give their hottie little asain web girl (cause asains love geeky shit, duh) a peice since she's hot and been "following this web story". Following it where? "On youtube, of course."

brunner
05-02-2008, 07:05 PM
the book bomb had little to do with anything. we didn't need to bomb this book.

I agree that the book would have been very, very popular without the book bomb. But do you think that the book going from being unranked to #3 on Amazon in less than 48-hours after the official launch of the Book Bomb was just a random coincidence?

Rhys
05-02-2008, 07:09 PM
I agree that the book would have been very, very popular without the book bomb. But do you think that the book going from being unranked to #3 on Amazon in less than 48-hours after the official launch of the Book Bomb was just a random coincidence?

I think it helped. The book's been marketed for weeks though. People knew it was coming out and they knew they wanted it. Many people were probably "called to action" by the viral bomb, but it didn't create the buzz or reach all the buyers. It's kinda diminishing to think we have 100% market reach. I also wonder which was more succesful at promoting which, the book for the bomb, or the bomb for the book.

Soccrmastr
05-02-2008, 07:10 PM
;)

StilesBC
05-02-2008, 07:50 PM
I didn't even know there was a book bomb.

sophocles07
05-02-2008, 07:53 PM
Is Wolf Blitzer a COMPLETE
FUCKING
IDIOT?

"Wutz ur biggest praublem with Jahn Muhcain?"

Theocrat
05-02-2008, 07:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULlIMbvY7P8

Did anyone notice in the beginning of the video how Wolf Blitzer alluded to the Communist Manifesto as a comparison to the title "A Manifesto" on Congressman Paul's book? Was it a subliminal message to deter others from purchasing the book? Who knows...

Rhys
05-02-2008, 07:56 PM
Did anyone notice in the beginning of the video how Wolf Blitzer alluded to the Communist Manifesto as a comparison to the title "A Manifesto" on Congressman Paul's book? Was it a subliminal message to deter others from purchasing the book? Who knows...

if it changes the world in the same way, I'm happy.

sophocles07
05-02-2008, 07:56 PM

Seriously, what the hell was that? Blitzer fucking sucks.

sophocles07
05-02-2008, 07:57 PM
if it changes the world in the same way, I'm happy.

You shouldn't be. On the one hand, it relates it to revolution; on the other, it alienates a lot of morons who think of him as akin to a Communist evil etc etc.

wgadget
05-02-2008, 07:59 PM

The implication that only his followers are buying his book was also a put-down, IMO.

wgadget
05-02-2008, 08:01 PM
I think it helped. The book's been marketed for weeks though. People knew it was coming out and they knew they wanted it. Many people were probably "called to action" by the viral bomb, but it didn't create the buzz or reach all the buyers. It's kinda diminishing to think we have 100% market reach. I also wonder which was more succesful at promoting which, the book for the bomb, or the bomb for the book.

Well, I bought 11 books, and never even went to the book bomb site. So put that in your pipe and smoke it, cnn bimbo!

:D

wgadget
05-02-2008, 08:02 PM
You shouldn't be. On the one hand, it relates it to revolution; on the other, it alienates a lot of morons who think of him as akin to a Communist evil etc etc.

But evil sells...LOL. Maybe they'll peek into the book at the library and get hooked.

idiom
05-02-2008, 08:23 PM
ROFL.

So my dad contacts me on skype and says: did you see John Paul on CNN?

Ah he is coming round at last.

RonPaulalways
05-02-2008, 08:29 PM
They're always going to try to make it sound like only a small dedicated group, distinct from the general population, supports Ron Paul. They want to create the reality: the facts on the ground, as to who is a outsider and who is a mainstream politician/commentator/etc:

http://people.ronpaul2008.com/campaign-updates/2008/02/13/underreporting-ron-paul/

Tom Rosenstiel of the Project for Excellence in Journalism:

"For a variety of reasons, some of them are obvious and some of them are mysterious, Ron Paul gets less coverage than he does raise money, and he gets less coverage than he gets votes. We can go on and on about this. There is no doubt, it’s an objective fact, that the press has decided Ron Paul is not a viable candidate."

ABC did an extensive interview with him and didn't air it, rather making it a 'web exclusive'.

Larry King did an extensive interview with him the night before the Iowa caucus, and decided to not air it, rather making it a 'web exclusive'.

The fact is, Ron Paul was systematically sidelined by the media, indicating biased against some or all of his political message. It almost certainly is due to his small government message, which threatens many interests.

The situation has improved though, because the media recognizes that it is a revolution, but you still get quips suggesting it's a fringe movement that is buying up all the books, rather than great numbers of regular people in the general population waking up to the principle that made America great.

Rhys
05-02-2008, 09:52 PM
ROFL.

So my dad contacts me on skype and says: did you see John Paul on CNN?

Ah he is coming round at last.

ur dad uses skype? fancy