PDA

View Full Version : ronpaulforums.com: do you remember?

mdh
05-02-2008, 03:07 PM
Truther wars? The day Hot Topics was created and was dubbed the truther dungeon? When Wayne went off and started his own forum?

When the server was crashing most evenings because of the load from this forum?

When djloti started ronpaulradio.com? We never thought he'd run off and sell the domain out from under us.

The other spoof forums, like fredthompsonforums, where our people went to lampoon neoconservatism?

Late December/Early January, when all of the cool people were in New Hampshire? The ensuing drama?

The Baltimore debate and the Philly rally, when I was on-site for rpiradio.com with live coverage?

When we were young and innocent?

I do. If you don't, then you fail.
Post your own memories here.

OhioMichael
05-02-2008, 03:09 PM
Isn't it a little early to start waxing emo about the good old days, considering that we are experiencing a resurgence of enthusiasm?

DrYongrel
05-02-2008, 03:10 PM
I remember the November 5th drama. I must admit that I was one of the many naysayers. I'm still not entirely sure it was the best idea to associate Ron Paul with that movie. Can't argue with success though.

I remember when the /b/tard came over from 4chan and posted pictures of himself wearing nothing but red chuck taylors.

mdh
05-02-2008, 03:11 PM
Isn't it a little early to start waxing emo about the good old days, considering that we are experiencing a resurgence of enthusiasm?

Maybe, but my motivation is more that of wanting to alienate newcomers. Every Johnny-Come-Lately and his six cousins seem to want in on this movement, but really, it belongs to us old-timers. The newbies should be paying us a tithing. In blood.

Kludge
05-02-2008, 03:13 PM
Truther Wars,
Ghemminger,
Dr. Steve Parent,
Randy...,
"ZOMG JEWS SUCK!",
"Why Paul's a racist",
"Fuck Libertarians!!!",
"Lawlszerz!!!!!",
"Come to my website, I make gud tshirts."

Yeah... I miss the "good ole days" >.>

ronpaulhawaii
05-02-2008, 03:15 PM
Truther wars? The day Hot Topics was created and was dubbed the truther dungeon?

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb19/mkauai/Strawman.jpg

mdh
05-02-2008, 03:16 PM
The Steve Parent thing is really new, lol.

Hemminger going batty is kind of recent, too. I remember George when he was a normal, rational guy. Then he lost his job, that seemed to do a number on his mental state.

I remember when Hemminger broadcast Leno via cellphone during the taping on rpiradio, hours before it aired. That was classic.

The One
05-02-2008, 03:17 PM
Maybe, but my motivation is more that of wanting to alienate newcomers. Every Johnny-Come-Lately and his six cousins seem to want in on this movement, but really, it belongs to us old-timers. The newbies should be paying us a tithing. In blood.

That has got to be the dumbest fucking thing I've heard today. You want to alienate newcomers??? You don't want them "in on this movement?" I'm speechless.....I am without speech.

SeanEdwards
05-02-2008, 03:18 PM
I was there! I have to admit, Seekliberty finally wore me down to the point where I simply quit arguing with him. That was quite an accomplishment. I rarely encounter people more stubborn than myself.

mdh
05-02-2008, 03:18 PM
That has got to be the dumbest fucking thing I've heard today. You want to alienate newcomers??? You don't want them "in on this movement?" I'm speechless.....I am without speech.

Yeah, OK Mr. January 2008 join date. I see what your agenda is. The newbie agenda.

Kludge
05-02-2008, 03:19 PM
I'm speechless.....I am without speech.
-

That has got to be the dumbest fucking thing I've heard today.
-

torchbearer
Truther Wars,
Ghemminger,
Dr. Steve Parent,
Randy...,
"ZOMG JEWS SUCK!",
"Why Paul's a racist",
"Fuck Libertarians!!!",
"Lawlszerz!!!!!",
"Come to my website, I make gud tshirts."

Yeah... I miss the "good ole days" >.>

And that was only about 5% of the total craziness.

You forgot.
Saul and shutting down GOP call centers
All out phone and fax assaults on organizations in Iowa for excluding ron.
blowing up the phone of the SC GOP
sending flower to Laura
Tea Bagging our Representative and the President.

mdh
I was there! I have to admit, Seekliberty finally wore me down to the point where I simply quit arguing with him. That was quite an accomplishment. I rarely encounter people more stubborn than myself.

Yeah, I miss Wayne. Where's he at? I haven't seen much out of Randy lately either.

torchbearer
05-02-2008, 03:20 PM
Remember that hottie Rachel?
She was the junkie that grew into a super-staffer?

She is the arch-type of this movement.

And still we have only scratched the surface of last years revolutions beginnings...

torchbearer
05-02-2008, 03:20 PM
Yeah, I miss Wayne. Where's he at? I haven't seen much out of Randy lately either.

and QUICKMIKE!

CAKochenash
05-02-2008, 03:21 PM
please don't remind me of the server crashes.

Every time Ron would even think about opening his mouth, you could count on the forums being down.

YUCK!:p

Margo37
The Flower Bombs and debate nights when you couldn't keep up with the commentary or the threads. Regular days when you couldn't keep up, too much to read. Voting (once) in so many online polls and watching the RP graphs.

The One
Yeah, OK Mr. January 2008 join date. I see what your agenda is. The newbie agenda.

If you can't see the level of retardation in what you're saying then I don't know how to help you. How the hell do you expect to grow a movement if you don't want nemcomers? Again, dumbest fucking thing I've heard today.

mdh
05-02-2008, 03:22 PM
Saul and shutting down GOP call centers

Saul of the molemen Anuzis!

All out phone and fax assaults on organizations in Iowa for excluding ron.

Iowans for Tax Relief and Iowa Christian something-or-other. ITR/ICA. I remember that. Josh and a bunch of others were outside the locale pwning them.

blowing up the phone of the SC GOP

You know, I had a lot to do with that... hahahah

DrYongrel
05-02-2008, 03:23 PM
I seem to remember running Fox's fax machines out of paper.

Kludge

Randy disappeared shortly after the Truther Wars.... Wayne started his own truther/nutrition forum and does some type of web-zine on nutrition "truth". He pops in here occasionally.

Paulitical Correctness
Tracking down UA because people feared for his life was pretty epic.

mdh
05-02-2008, 03:24 PM
If you can't see the level of retardation in what you're saying then I don't know how to help you. How the hell do you expect to grow a movement if you don't want nemcomers? Again, dumbest fucking thing I've heard today.

People with 2008 join dates should be b& from this thread. Don't go spreading your Newbie World Order agenda in these parts, kid.

DrYongrel

And then him getting a $100 ticket for "filing a false report" when the cops showed up at his door.

Kludge
The "Fuck you, Frank" campaign.

kigol
hmmm

MelissaWV

With all the "waxing emo" about other threads, I think it's fair to take a step back and remember how long some people have been in it together, through good and bad, while ramping up the effort even further :) It might also give people new to the forums (yes I think there's still some out there) the impression we're more than just divisive monkeys flinging poo and advertising our own ventures.

Edit: And mdh damn hon... so hostile to us newbies :(

I remember DRIVING YOU to meet people to go to NH with!
I remember dealing with starving while you went to Baltimore!
I remember going with you to a Pittsburgh rally!
I remember finally getting a moment or two to register on this site after working my tush off so you could make thousands of posts ;)

CAKochenash
05-02-2008, 03:25 PM
ew ew ew...i was there for the entire Michigan GOP stunt. Beginning to end.

That specific event was a huge eye opener for me. It really showed me just how much power is in unity...

SeanEdwards
05-02-2008, 03:25 PM
The "Tucker Carlson: friend or foe?" controversy.

CAKochenash
05-02-2008, 03:27 PM

I don't recall this at all. Don't even remember hearing about it.

Anyone care to brief me??

Kludge
The "Tucker Carlson: friend or foe?" controversy.

Glenn Beck: Friend or Foe

Keith Olberman: Friend or Foe

Reason.... or Treason?

amy31416

Heh, I'm what, November? But I lurked for awhile, and according to my YouTube account, the first vid I favorited was 11 months ago--I gots proof that I'm sort of an old-timer!

Wait, that's a good thing? Right?

mdh
Randy disappeared shortly after the Truther Wars.... Wayne started his own truther/nutrition forum and does some type of web-zine on nutrition "truth". He pops in here occasionally.

That's unfortunate. I heard Randy and Bradley met with much love and mutual adoration in rl.

I remember when he was going to ride cross-country with Michael but then pussied out after a few days.

ew ew ew...i was there for the entire Michigan GOP stunt. Beginning to end.

That specific event was a huge eye opener for me. It really showed me just how much power is in unity...

Yeah... we've always been able to pwn. Now we turn this pwnage towards the political establishment in a new way.

hmmm

With all the "waxing emo" about other threads, I think it's fair to take a step back and remember how long some people have been in it together, through good and bad, while ramping up the effort even further :) It might also give people new to the forums (yes I think there's still some out there) the impression we're more than just divisive monkeys flinging poo and advertising our own ventures.

DrYongrel
05-02-2008, 03:28 PM

UtahApocalypse left a quasi-suicide note on the forums, then logged off. We proceeded to find every trace of him on the web, called the cops of his town, told them his address and name, etc.

JK/SEA
05-02-2008, 03:29 PM

Don't sweat the small stuff. I consider myself a newbie, and gee, guess what? i'm a Washington State delegate who just paid his registration fee for State Convention this month, in cash, at the WA. state Republican headquarters, in Bellevue, WA.

This is a forum, and true enough, there has been some pretty great things come from it, but the fight is in the streets now, and i'm right in the middle.

eok321
Maybe, but my motivation is more that of wanting to alienate newcomers.

Ban this moron!

rpfan2008

this revolution doesn't belong to us (nor to Dr Paul)..we belong to the revolution.

BuddyRey
05-02-2008, 03:30 PM
Why look back toward the past? The future is full of so much more promise!

Though, I do look back fondly on Ghemminger's Rick Rolls, and my debates with some of y'all when I was a struggling libertarian greenhorn and general nooblet.

amy31416
05-02-2008, 03:30 PM
Oh, and for nostalgia's sake: Llepard's USA Today ad and it's creation. Watching the donation widget on 11/5 and 12/16. Going onto ronpaulcharts daily and making sure we were beating Huck. Hunter, Tancredo and especially Giuliani dropping out.

Ahh, sweet memories.

CAKochenash
05-02-2008, 03:31 PM
UtahApocalypse left a quasi-suicide note on the forums, then logged off. We proceeded to find every trace of him on the web, called the cops of his town, told them his address and name, etc.

Oh.

For the record. I am very mentally stable at this time. Please, no cops.:D

Good lookin out though.

dsentell
05-02-2008, 03:32 PM
and QUICKMIKE!

Oh how I miss quickmike and his words of wisdom . . .

Remember "F_ _ _ You Frank!"

Worrying about crashing the RP2008 website with donations. . . .

The anticipation before every debate . . . .

The anger at the end of every debate . . . .

The flower delivery to the Leno show . . . .

The RP Iowa Mosaic . . . .

The Utahapocalypse suicide scare . . . .

New youtube videos every day . . . .

"Remember, remember the 5th of November" . . . .

Kludge
OOOH! OOOH! I remember Yongrel's rick roll (was it a rick roll...?) on a "truther" thread where he claimed to have finally switched sides ("I've finally swallowed the red pill" were his words, I believe). Good number of people congratulated Yongrel before the joke was used up.

Paulitical Correctness
The $430K widget!

The One
Don't sweat the small stuff. I consider myself a newbie, and gee, guess what? i'm a Washington State delegate who just paid his registration fee for State Convention this month, in cash, at the WA. state Republican headquarters, in Bellevue, WA.

This is a forum, and true enough, there has been some pretty great things come from it, but the fight is in the streets now, and i'm right in the middle.

Dude, I'm not personally offended. I have street cred....I didn't join RPF until waaaay after I got involved. I just can't believe someone would guard the movement with some ***** jealousy and say they don't want new people getting in on it. Unbelievably fucking stupid.....I can't even put into words how stupid that is.

DrYongrel
05-02-2008, 03:33 PM
Ban this moron!

Oh hush.

mdh
05-02-2008, 03:33 PM

Ban this moron!

July 2007 but you support the Newbie World Order agenda? I decry thee, infiltrator!

this revolution doesn't belong to us (nor to Dr Paul)..we belong to the revolution.

But Dr. Paul's heart belongs only to Carol.

Why look back toward the past? The future is full of so much more promise!

Though, I do look back fondly on Ghemminger's Rick Rolls, and my debates with some of y'all when I was a struggling libertarian greenhorn and general nooblet.

Because the past was great!

Kludge
05-02-2008, 03:34 PM
Oh hush.

Yongrel.... Who's that in your avatar?

SeanEdwards
05-02-2008, 03:34 PM

UtahApocaylpse would, every couple of weeks or so, make some dramatic emo post and announce he was leaving the forums forever. Then somebody found his myspace page, and there was some comment there that led them to believe he was contemplating suicide. So, next thing you know, there's an epic thread of people mobilizing to track the guy down in the real world, calling local cops in his home town, basically freaking out.

I mocked the entire notion, and was promptly slammed for being insensitive and an ass. Pretty usual fare for this board actually, and of course I was right, like always. ;)

SeanEdwards
05-02-2008, 03:35 PM

DrYongrel
05-02-2008, 03:35 PM
Yongrel.... Who's that in your avatar?

Doctor Who.

Kludge
05-02-2008, 03:36 PM
of course I was right, like always. ;)

Don't be an ass.

Kludge
05-02-2008, 03:37 PM
Doctor Who.

Ahh..... I preferred House ;)

eok321
05-02-2008, 03:39 PM
O.k MDH

Wtf are you tellin people who joined recently to go away for?

Thats Retarded to say the least!

torchbearer
05-02-2008, 03:39 PM
how about this one:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1370/1449985644_89daa50863_o.jpg

mdh
05-02-2008, 03:41 PM
Doctor Who.

I still think Christopher Eccleston was a superior Doc to David Tennant, though Tennant is growing on me a bit. I think he'll turn out alright for the role over time.

Kludge
05-02-2008, 03:41 PM
O.k MDH

**That's retarded to say the least!

torchbearer
05-02-2008, 03:42 PM
Then the fly-bys...
Ron Paul Air Force in full force
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2056/2117232434_0bcb3c66fe_o.jpg

mdh
05-02-2008, 03:43 PM
O.k MDH

I would have hoped that someone with a July 2007 join date would show a little more loyalty to fellow old-timers. I guess we *sniffle* can't even expect that much anymore. Go pander to the Newbie World Order elsewhere, though, not in my old-timer love thread. Thanks.

Paulitical Correctness
Can you believe we got a freakin' blimp?

LOL!

CAKochenash
hmmm brent sanders......sounds familiar...

Didn't he drop out?

eok321
05-02-2008, 03:44 PM
**That's retarded to say the least!

Please explain?

torchbearer
05-02-2008, 03:44 PM
and these were cool:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2203/2116453149_3aa60b7089_o.png

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2161/2116453309_f5cce0df6e_o.png

torchbearer
05-02-2008, 03:45 PM
hmmm brent sanders......sounds familiar...

Didn't he drop out?

Nope, he's going to win his City Councilman race!

It was good meeting you in D.C.!

amy31416
05-02-2008, 03:45 PM
I still think Christopher Eccleston was a superior Doc to David Tennant, though Tennant is growing on me a bit. I think he'll turn out alright for the role over time.

And you promote old skool?

Tom Bakker, dammit.

Meatwasp
05-02-2008, 03:46 PM
[QUOTE=mdh;1431994]Truther wars? The day Hot Topics was created and was dubbed the truther dungeon? When Wayne went off and started his own forum?

When djloti started ronpaulradio.com? We never thought he'd run off and sell the domain out from under us.

The other spoof forums, like fredthompsonforums, where our people went to lampoon neoconservatism?

Late December/Early January, when all of the cool people were in New Hampshire? The ensuing drama?

The Baltimore debate and the Philly rally, when I was on-site for rpiradio.com with
live coverage?

Those were yesterdays dry leaves and a new grouth is coming on.

torchbearer
One last one for the road:
thumbs up!
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2265/2126157274_0902689cf9_o.jpg

eok321
I would have hoped that someone with a July 2007 join date would show a little more loyalty to fellow old-timers. I guess we *sniffle* can't even expect that much anymore. Go pander to the Newbie World Order elsewhere, though, not in my old-timer love thread. Thanks.

So you copped on to on the system a little bit earlier than others.

Give yourself a medal and stop alienating new supporters.

Kludge
Please explain?

You used a contraction. In the English language, not only are contractions generally frowned upon by Academia, but also must be denoted through use of an apostrophe where the words "merge". i.e. can't (can not), won't (will not), don't (do not).

We also do not capitalize common nouns in modern English. This was not the case many years ago, when the English would capitalize words of importance. We now generally only capitalize proper nouns and words at the beginning of a sentence.

DrYongrel
05-02-2008, 03:47 PM
So you copped on on the system a little bit earlier than others.

Enough righteous indignation. He's just trying to generate a little brotherly love among the old-timers.

ronpaulhawaii
05-02-2008, 03:48 PM
UtahApocaylpse would, every couple of weeks or so, make some dramatic emo post and announce he was leaving the forums forever. Then somebody found his myspace page, and there was some comment there that led them to believe he was contemplating suicide. So, next thing you know, there's an epic thread of people mobilizing to track the guy down in the real world, calling local cops in his home town, basically freaking out.

I mocked the entire notion, and was promptly slammed for being insensitive and an ass. Pretty usual fare for this board actually, and of course I was right, like always. ;)

I was pedelling my bike when I got pulled into that with a phone call, and ended up having to get UA on the phone to sort it out, what a day that was.

Kludge
05-02-2008, 03:49 PM
Ahhhh... I remember the big push on the forums to ban vulgarities because people didn't think vulgarities would be tolerated if we were inside the house of Paul.

MelissaWV
05-02-2008, 03:50 PM
mdh damn hon... so hostile to us newbies :(

I remember DRIVING YOU to meet people to go to NH with!
I remember dealing with starving while you went to Baltimore!
I remember going with you to the Pittsburgh rally (and having to drive you to OH afterwards for a wedding in the morning)!
I remember finally getting a moment or two to register on this site after working my tush off so you could make thousands of posts ;)

I remember also when mdh's idea of helping the cause involved images along the lines of:

http://www.tidbits.com/tb-issues/lang/fr/tronchoscope/images/fete_apple_expo2002.jpg

And then he matured (okay somewhat) and became a real delegate, a volunteer, a Chairman, an organizer, and an all around impressive guy.

(Nothing's showing, please don't assault me with the "OMG she's topless and drinking is bad" brigade) ***Actual topless woman involved may vary.

CAKochenash
05-02-2008, 03:52 PM

Sounds like this dood:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69M_1ow_yEg

The One
05-02-2008, 03:53 PM
Enough righteous indignation. He's just trying to generate a little brotherly love among the old-timers.

His stated goal:

"Maybe, but my motivation is more that of wanting to alienate newcomers. Every Johnny-Come-Lately and his six cousins seem to want in on this movement, but really, it belongs to us old-timers. The newbies should be paying us a tithing. In blood."

IRO-bot
05-02-2008, 03:53 PM
Great times. Whatever happened to old Ghemminger?

Kludge
05-02-2008, 03:54 PM

Hammered - > Ban Hammered.

SeanEdwards
05-02-2008, 03:55 PM
Don't be an ass.

But that's what I do!!!

:D

SeanEdwards
05-02-2008, 03:58 PM
Sounds like this dood:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69M_1ow_yEg

Ok, that freakin sucked. I want 3 minutes of my life back. LOL

mdh
05-02-2008, 03:59 PM
So you copped on to on the system a little bit earlier than others.

Go away, newbie sympathizer. You are like the Jane Fonda of newbies.

His stated goal:

"Maybe, but my motivation is more that of wanting to alienate newcomers. Every Johnny-Come-Lately and his six cousins seem to want in on this movement, but really, it belongs to us old-timers. The newbies should be paying us a tithing. In blood."

Hell yeah, boy.

I remember also when mdh's idea of helping the cause involved images along the lines of:

http://www.tidbits.com/tb-issues/lang/fr/tronchoscope/images/fete_apple_expo2002.jpg

And then he matured (okay somewhat) and became a real delegate, a volunteer, a Chairman, an organizer, and an all around impressive guy.

(Nothing's showing, please don't assault me with the "OMG she's topless and drinking is bad" brigade) ***Actual topless woman involved may vary.

My naked girls have traditionally been better looking. Also, better quality beer.

Seriously though, you gotta party hard if you wanna be a party to a political party.

I sure do an awful lot of exercising my liberty, though!

b&

Paulitical Correctness
05-02-2008, 04:00 PM
I remember reading through that super secret ultimate campaign strategy thread. Pages and pages of posts. For nothing.

And it's not really that old or memorable, but anyone remember makkabee?

Ron Paul's cyberbrownshirts.
In response to my blog poking fun at Ron Paul in a fairly gentle way, his supporters have poured out from under their bridges, posted my address and phone number on their websites, reported on my planned movements (they've let supporters know I'll be at SheVaCon) and have vowed to contact my superintendant to get me fired.

LOL.

mdh
05-02-2008, 04:02 PM
Speaking of porn, I remember way back in the day when people would randomly post porn threads before they made it more difficult to register an account on here.

Paulitical Correctness
05-02-2008, 04:04 PM
Speaking of porn, I remember way back in the day when people would randomly post porn threads before they made it more difficult to register an account on here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq-mnWDi5rw

IRO-bot
05-02-2008, 04:07 PM
b&

You make me laugh.

Kludge
05-02-2008, 04:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq-mnWDi5rw

I saw that the day it came out :D

Slugg
05-02-2008, 04:08 PM
Truther wars? The day Hot Topics was created and was dubbed the truther dungeon? When Wayne went off and started his own forum?

The Baltimore debate and the Philly rally, when I was on-site for rpiradio.com with live coverage?

When we were young and innocent?

I do. If you don't, then you fail.
Post your own memories here.

I was here for the Ames straw poll, cheering my head off.

I remember when the site was hacked

I remember when Aavaroth converted my family.

I remember watching at least three different PACs form and succeed at getting real press/money.

Someone should archive the entire boad and turn the best threads into a book.

Bradley in DC
05-02-2008, 04:09 PM

Perhaps they're related? I know I used to spar (about what anymore I can't remember) with people here who are now my friends (and have slept on my couch). :D

I've had the pleasure of meeting lots of people here in person in different cities--I had the honor of having lunch with Randy just a few weeks ago.

My favorite moment was others following the first thread of the banking committee hearing with Dr. Paul grilling Bernanke with you. I will always cherish that.

forsmant
05-02-2008, 04:30 PM
This thread is retarded

mdh
05-02-2008, 04:32 PM
This thread is retarded

no u

Kludge
05-02-2008, 04:32 PM
This thread is retarded

What's that sound?

That's the sound of me dis-associating fun with your name.

Slugg
05-02-2008, 04:35 PM
This thread is retarded

Don't hate -

Par-tis-i-pate

torchbearer
05-02-2008, 05:16 PM
how about this one:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1370/1449985644_89daa50863_o.jpg

What no comment on the first time we realised we had the power to raise a lot of money?
Last week of quarter two? That is when we first realised how many of us there really are..... tons....

That is the power of the internet.

Cowlesy
05-02-2008, 05:23 PM
What no comment on the first time we realised we had the power to raise a lot of money?
Last week of quarter two? That is when we first realised how many of us there really are..... tons....

lol good one. Bydlak pooped his pants that we put together $500k, so they raised it to $1.0 million, though now I feel like he'd say it was "fundraising prowess".

Anyone think if I ship my 10 copies of the Manifesto down to D.C. I can persuade Dr. Paul to sign them? I hate giving away un-autographed copies.

MelissaWV
05-02-2008, 05:26 PM
Cowlesy

I would think you'd have better luck contacting someone to rendezvous with him at one of the upcoming appearances, just my two cents :)

Cowlesy
05-02-2008, 05:28 PM
Cowlesy

I would think you'd have better luck contacting someone to rendezvous with him at one of the upcoming appearances, just my two cents :)

I talked to him a bit at the Sabrin fundraiser, but the books came TUESDAY (fundraiser was Monday).

eok321
05-02-2008, 05:33 PM
This was classic

http://disinter.wordpress.com/2007/06/30/huge-turn-out-for-ron-paul-in-iowa/

June 30, 2007

It appears that more than 1,000 Ron Paul supporters showed up for a rally that occured after the Iowa Christian Alliance/Iowans for Tax Relief candidates forum, which refused to invite Dr. Paul, ended.

Not bad considering only about 600 showed up, out of over 1,200 expected, for the big government, war monger forum which included 6 candidates.

UPDATE: Other hands-on accounts found here and here.

UPDATE 2: Press release from the Ron Paul campaign:

Ron Paul Speaks to 1,000 in Iowa

DES MOINES, IOWA – Presidential candidate Ron Paul held a rally today celebrating life and liberty at the Hy-Vee Hall in Des Moines, Iowa. The event was held immediately after and next door to a Republican candidates forum sponsored by the Iowa Christian Alliance and Iowans for Tax Relief.

Dr. Paul was the only GOP candidate excluded from the forum, so his campaign organized an event of its own. Despite being planned in less than a week, Dr. Paul’s event singlehandedly outdrew the other forum and its six participating candidates by several hundred attendees.

“Today, Ron Paul demonstrated how deeply his message of freedom and limited government is resonating across the nation,” said campaign manager Lew Moore.

Dr. Paul, addressing a packed room, received thunderous applause many times and as well as several standing ovations. Observers believe that this event was the biggest rally for a Republican candidate in Iowa during this campaign cycle.

“Ron Paul has generated more grassroots excitement and support than any other candidate in the race,” continued Moore. “The campaign is building on this momentum around the country as we drive toward the nomination.”

angelatc
05-02-2008, 05:38 PM

And this led to what was perhaps my greatest disappointment in the forums:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=20138

I was sooooo ready for the YouTube.

mdh
05-02-2008, 05:40 PM
And this led to what was perhaps my greatest disappointment in the forums:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=20138

I was sooooo ready for the YouTube.

I remember that!

torchbearer
05-02-2008, 05:43 PM
I remember that!

And that's what makes you an old timer.
You will always be charter.
Cheers for still hanging in there!

Now someone find quickmike!

mmink15
05-02-2008, 05:45 PM
NO mention of the billionaire fiasco through ten pages. That thread had a couple hundred responses within an hour I think, then alot of forum members fell for it a second time when an update was posted.

While I have always enjoyed the forums, the lasting memories of this campaignfor me involve my local meetup group, my trip to NH with OLFD, and seeing Dr Paul in Gettysburg a couple of weeks ago. I hope in twenty years I can look back on this time in my life and feel like it was the beginning of something substantially good for this nation.

Ninja Homer
05-02-2008, 06:09 PM
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the Anita Andrews snafu yet. If you remember that, you're officially an old timer.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=14827
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=16826

DrYongrel
05-02-2008, 06:10 PM
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the Anita Andrews snafu yet. If you remember that, you're officially an old timer.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=14827
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=16826

Oh lawdy, that was a long time ago.

Rhys
05-02-2008, 06:11 PM
lol I remember reading all your posts for months and not joining cause yall was crazy. then I became crazy too! I remember thinking you really lost your marbles when you tried to raise $10 million. I didn't think that much would be raised total, let alone in 2 days.

Rhys
05-02-2008, 06:14 PM
oh yeah, mdh.... I THINK you're joking. I'm gonna go with that. lol

mdh
05-02-2008, 06:21 PM
I liked Anita Andrews. In all honesty, I took some good thinking away from her training session.

Paulitical Correctness
05-02-2008, 06:21 PM
lol I remember reading all your posts for months and not joining cause yall was crazy.

You're all pretty freakin' normal to me, because I frequented GLP for all things Ron Paul before discovering this place.

Rofl.

Cowlesy
05-02-2008, 06:23 PM
I liked Anita Andrews. In all honesty, I took some good thinking away from her training session.

Same here. She was a little out there but her tactics made sense from my vulcan'esque perspective.

amy31416
05-02-2008, 06:23 PM
The most amazing aspect to me is that there was a 12+ page thread and it didn't turn into a giant spitting match.

I can see why you guys wax poetic about the olden days sometimes. :)

Ninja Homer
05-02-2008, 06:24 PM
May 10th is RonPaulForum's 1st anniversary. We should have an online party or something.

DrYongrel
05-02-2008, 06:25 PM
May 10th is RonPaulForum's 1st anniversary. We should have an online party or something.

Absolutely.

hypnagogue
05-02-2008, 06:31 PM
It's one thing to sit down with the newcomers and tell stories of the good old days and it's quite another to tell them to get the hell out so you can have your little club. 0 stars for this thread.

Sweman
05-02-2008, 06:32 PM
I remember an article in some newspaper covering a Ron Paul rally where the author interviewed the guy in the shark suit, asking him him if he was a Ron Paul supporter. His answer was something like "no, those guys are crazy. I'm just a guy in a shark suit."

JK/SEA
05-02-2008, 06:36 PM
It's one thing to sit down with the newcomers and tell stories of the good old days and it's quite another to tell them to get the hell out so you can have your little club. 0 stars for this thread.

Its all in good fun.

I actually was a hardcore 'visitor' for several weeks around the time of the Nov.5th money bomb before i finally logged in later, but that time does not apply to my 'real' time in here.

JK/SEA
05-02-2008, 06:37 PM
//

mdh
05-02-2008, 06:44 PM
Same here. She was a little out there but her tactics made sense from my vulcan'esque perspective.

It's kind of funny, 'cause I was totally Mr. Hardcore Skeptic (as usual) prior to actually meeting her, but once I did I was impressed. All's well that ends well.

Don't be a newbie world order agenda sympathizer.

angelatc
05-02-2008, 06:55 PM

it was very bizarre. People who had not been there were freaking out claiming some sort of neocon infiltration. But when those people finally attended an event they realized things weren't nerfarious and actually were worth protecting... leaving those who hadn't been yet to suspect massive brainwashing....until those people attended an event.....

Then she left (or was fired.)

After we lost NH, people were suddenly posting about missing her influence.

UtahApocalypse
05-02-2008, 07:04 PM
I remember the most on RPF 3 main things....

1. The Ames ad. Those who don't know about it you will have to find the story, and the ad. It was a amazing point of time for these forums.

2. Planning for "Ron Paul Riders" what starter as a crazy thought to walk across the country became a actual bike ride. Micheal was able to make the entire trip.

3. My 'Suicide' note. Not really a great memory but one of the epic threads on these forums. Was great to realize how many people care about each other here, even if I got some trouble out of it.

klamath
05-02-2008, 07:05 PM
Does anyone remember the first money bomb that wasn't called a money bomb then? The end of June 2007 drive but no one knew how much we were raising so we had the endless speculation threads on how much it was going to be for the quarter.

OhioMichael
05-02-2008, 07:07 PM
This thread is awesome.

I regret being the first to reply with skepticism.

Thanks to all who launched the blimp, the internet campaign, and especially those who are running for office.

To those who have laid the foundation...

We all appreciate it! Thanks!

kaleidoscope eyes
05-02-2008, 07:09 PM
Money Bomb nights/days were ALWAYS a hoot! Widget watching, enjoying people's drunken revelries as the graph went through the ceiling, ahhhhh.... such commradarie. The anticipation of waiting for midnight, or rather 5 minutes past midnight, ya know, just in case!
LOL

Soccrmastr
05-02-2008, 07:09 PM
Ive got a late join date but am long time lurker 0.o.

amy31416
05-02-2008, 07:13 PM
I remember the most on RPF 3 main things....

1. The Ames ad. Those who don't know about it you will have to find the story, and the ad. It was a amazing point of time for these forums.

2. Planning for "Ron Paul Riders" what starter as a crazy thought to walk across the country became a actual bike ride. Micheal was able to make the entire trip.

3. My 'Suicide' note. Not really a great memory but one of the epic threads on these forums. Was great to realize how many people care about each other here, even if I got some trouble out of it.

I'm glad you've recuperated from item #3 and have stuck around. Takes some chutzpah.

flames2dust77
05-02-2008, 07:27 PM

oh.my.fucking.gawd.

You can't be serious. If you are being serious; you are truly the most ignorant person I have seen in this forum..and there are alot of them running around. This is not some exclusive country club...it's a movement. We need people...LOTS of people.

I am completely blown away by your statement.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z184/heroofdyrst/facepalm.jpg

DrYongrel
05-02-2008, 07:29 PM
oh.my.fucking.gawd.

You can't be serious. If you are being serious; you are truly the most ignorant person I have seen in this forum..and there are alot of them running around. This is not some exclusive country club...it's a movement. We need people...LOTS of people.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z184/heroofdyrst/facepalm.jpg

He's not being serious.

mdh
oh.my.fucking.gawd.

This is an exclusive club. I think your post really shows us that you're not a part of the awesome in-crowd clique. Ron Paul has always been about being a part of something wonderful. That something is an exclusive clique which not just anyone can join. Those of us who rule the in-crowd are opposed to the newbie world order agenda.

mdh
He's not being serious.

Maybe I'm not, but why spoil a perfectly good joke that people are silly enough to be all whacky-serious about? That only makes it ten times more funny.

amy31416
05-02-2008, 07:32 PM
oh.my.fucking.gawd.

No worries F2D, he's just being egotistical for grins. Plus, they're sorta like the baby boomers of the revolution and I guess we're more like Gen X. Anyone after 08 is Gen Y.

DrYongrel
Maybe I'm not, but why spoil a perfectly good joke that people are silly enough to be all whacky-serious about? That only makes it ten times more funny.

True. I've had my fair share of those over the months. I'll butt out :D

kaleidoscope eyes

you wascally wabbit. ;P

Cowlesy
05-02-2008, 07:33 PM
1.) Mr. Harris ("mdh") is 100% kidding no matter what sort of character he is being right now.

2.) "Facepalm" always make laugh-out-loud for at least over 60 seconds.

I don't know why.

Ninja Homer
05-02-2008, 07:35 PM
Anybody remember RPF 1.0?

http://web.archive.org/web/20070513093638/http://ronpaulforums.com/

DrYongrel
05-02-2008, 07:35 PM
2.) "Facepalm" always make laugh-out-loud for at least over 60 seconds.

I don't know why.

And that's why we love ya.

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/3261/picardflipoj5.jpg

Facepalm is a gateway meme.

Cowlesy
05-02-2008, 07:37 PM
And that's why we love ya.

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/3261/picardflipoj5.jpg

Facepalm is a gateway meme.

I hate you.

hahahahaha

flames2dust77
05-02-2008, 07:37 PM
This is an exclusive club. I think your post really shows us that you're not a part of the awesome in-crowd clique. Ron Paul has always been about being a part of something wonderful. That something is an exclusive clique which not just anyone can join. Those of us who rule the in-crowd are opposed to the newbie world order agenda.

ur sarcasm has been noted. :cool:

mdh
05-02-2008, 07:38 PM
I still think "At least I don't plaster on the makeup like a trollop, you cunt" is meme-worthy. Start hitting /b/ with it, kids.

DrYongrel
05-02-2008, 07:39 PM
I still think "At least I don't plaster on the makeup like a trollop, you cunt" is meme-worthy. Start hitting /b/ with it, kids.

Oh god, the horror.

"So I here u liek trollopz"

american.swan
05-02-2008, 07:44 PM
I remember back in the day my post wouldn't go unnoticed.

(I registered a grand total of FIVE DAYS after mdh)

The forum started May 10th 2007? Cool, how many people registered in May 2007?

amy31416
05-02-2008, 07:44 PM

I have no idea what you're talking about with /b/, but I fear it has something to do with 4chan or something.

Despite that, "trollop" is a good word. So is smarmy. And heinous.

rational thinker
05-02-2008, 07:46 PM
mdh, I was thinking about making a similar thread a couple of weeks ago.

Anyways, I started lurking this forum heavily since June, but I didn't register until I noticed that we have become a force to be reckoned with, which was after Nov. 5th money bomb.

As for memories, I miss those days when we used to rule Digg with an iron fist. I remember when we would literally want a one hour money bomb and we'd hit the front page within 45 minutes. Ahhh... good times, good times.

mdh
05-02-2008, 07:49 PM
I have no idea what you're talking about with /b/, but I fear it has something to do with 4chan or something.

http://img.4chan.org/b/

Duh.

mdh
05-02-2008, 07:57 PM
I had to.

http://img.4chan.org/b/res/65557149.html

I just had to.

DrYongrel
05-02-2008, 07:58 PM
I had to.

http://img.4chan.org/b/res/65557149.html

I just had to.

hahahahahahahahahhahahaha

DrYongrel
05-02-2008, 08:00 PM

I was but a wee little lurker back in last May.

soapmistress
05-02-2008, 08:00 PM

Oooh. And snarky!!!

*runs out of room before someone slaps a NOOB sticker on her back*

Paulitical Correctness
05-02-2008, 08:01 PM
Make fun, buddy.

amy31416
http://img.4chan.org/b/

Duh.

I guess that's an affirmative! Thanks for sharing, lovely.

rational thinker
I'm not your buddy, guy.

rational thinker
05-02-2008, 08:02 PM
Do you guys remember our calls into the Washington Journal every morning on CSpan and we would flood it with Ron Paul talk.

Paulitical Correctness
05-02-2008, 08:03 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2043/2075845066_d91f1e694b_o.gif

amy31416
05-02-2008, 08:03 PM
Oooh. And snarky!!!

*runs out of room before someone slaps a NOOB sticker on her back*

Noob schmoob. You make soap. You use harsh chemicals. The rest of 'em are chem noobs.

We can blow shit up, if we so choose.

mdh
05-02-2008, 08:04 PM
Hey, I'm down with chemistry. I've got this great recipe you make with sudafed.

amy31416
05-02-2008, 08:08 PM
Hey, I'm down with chemistry. I've got this great recipe you make with sudafed.

Oh NO you di-int!

hillertexas
05-02-2008, 08:15 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2101/2460019353_c9f7c13186.jpg?v=0

hillertexas
05-02-2008, 08:24 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2165/2460862148_8a4a902376_o.jpghttp://farm3.static.flickr.com/2327/2460862198_f02abc42a2.jpg?v=0
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2256/2460862272_2054f41f71.jpg?v=0http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2346/2460867404_d104118602.jpg

torchbearer
05-02-2008, 09:11 PM
I'm not your buddy, guy.

I'm not your guy, pal!

Ninja Homer
05-02-2008, 09:22 PM

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/memberlist.php?&order=ASC&sort=joindate&pp=30

It looks like 729 registered in May '07. The real question is, how many of them are still around?

Kludge
05-02-2008, 09:25 PM
Mmmmmmm.... The WoW project. I joined up right around the time that was going.

I think Dr. Paul was officially crowned "King of teh internetz" that day.... For better or worse.

Dustancostine
05-02-2008, 10:06 PM
What about this:

http://ronpaulmosaic.com/ad/ames_ad_ron_paul_140dpi.jpg

Highland
05-02-2008, 10:10 PM
I remember the November 5th drama. I must admit that I was one of the many naysayers. I'm still not entirely sure it was the best idea to associate Ron Paul with that movie. Can't argue with success though.

I remember when the /b/tard came over from 4chan and posted pictures of himself wearing nothing but red chuck taylors.

Yongrel...we love Dr. Who...Rand Paul grew up on it also...he told us about it in SC.

mdh
05-03-2008, 12:41 PM
Bump for today

constituent
05-03-2008, 01:00 PM
frankly, my favorite moments were pre-ron paul forums when it was just an internet free for all....

scouring the web for ANYTHING!!!!

then ronpaulnation.com, the original ron paul wiki site, and many many others...

forums moments i'd have to say the debates and the day josh got back from IA and got the server back up after everyone had been wiggin' about it all over the internets for like three days (lol). chronicling that would make a very interesting internet archiving project.

constituent
05-03-2008, 01:02 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2346/2460867404_d104118602.jpg

i love that, "when i'm in trouble i run to the evil gingerbread gnome."

signature material

hillertexas
05-03-2008, 01:04 PM
i love that, "when i'm in trouble i run to the evil gingerbread gnome."

signature material

LOL...love it.

Shink
05-03-2008, 01:19 PM
Oh, and for nostalgia's sake: Llepard's USA Today ad and it's creation. Watching the donation widget on 11/5 and 12/16. Going onto ronpaulcharts daily and making sure we were beating Huck. Hunter, Tancredo and especially Giuliani dropping out.

Ahh, sweet memories.

Giuliani dropping out was one of the coolest moments that came to pass.

I also recall much bitching about those of us who dared talk about 'conspiracy' yet very few were willing to say the New World Order conspiracy was bullshit (and Ron himself is one who openly discusses it and his solutions for stopping them).

Randy owning some Jesuit troll, Diana. And anyone else who got snippy or whiny or seemed to not genuinely support Ron. :P

Wars with and against moderators and rules here.

Cat herding.

Physically being there when Ron held his alternate event when that tax forum excluded him, our crowd UTTERLY DWARFING all the others combined. That was amazing.

Ron taking everyone's lunch in debates, shitting in the lunchboxes, and returning it to the owners with a PostIt note reading, "pwned."

Ron farting on Bernanke on national TV several times, always to cheers and controversy.

One word: BILLIONAIRE.:mad::D:):rolleyes::p

torchbearer
05-03-2008, 01:20 PM
For about 2 months I posted on both ronpaulforum and ronpaulforums
Then basically decided this was the better place for information.

The only time i went back to ronpaulforum was when this forum would go down.
And that used to be everytime there was a debate or streamed rally.
Ugh, the frustration.
New people take it for granted that this site stays up like it does...

Then came the chatroom! You should see that place during a debate!

constituent
05-03-2008, 01:24 PM
Then came the chatroom! You should see that place during a debate!

in all fairness, the original ron paul radio chat was where it was at.

torchbearer
05-03-2008, 01:26 PM
in all fairness, the original ron paul radio chat was where it was at.

yeh, but we were using that IRC way before it was used for ron paul radio.,
I think it was MDH that hooked it up for us in advance, so when this site went down we could still chat.

I couldn't understand how it all worked, but it was pulling in from many different channels or something like that...

constituent
05-03-2008, 01:28 PM
alright... i found this picture that sums up at least 25% of the posts on this forum (and incorporates video games!) and the campaign in general.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2007/20070129.jpg

just substitute mario party with republican party and you've got a match... or the mainstream media, that works too!

torchbearer
05-03-2008, 01:36 PM
or this one:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2249/2117233514_e1024b28eb_o.jpg

torchbearer
05-03-2008, 01:38 PM
And then you have that high-tech device fox news uses to gauge what people think during a debate:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2419/2116564874_9e7a9774f7_o.jpg
The F-U Frank model made by ID-10-T.

constituent
05-03-2008, 01:38 PM
or this one:

so we're up to 64 and 1/2% of the total posts.... what was the other 40 something % like?

aravoth
05-03-2008, 01:41 PM
After the Whole Saul Anadouchebag thing, Mark Levin asked his audience to call Ron Paul and tell him he couldn't win. So we called in and literally shut down the last hour of his entire radioprogram, lol, He just played patriotic music and would quip, "keep calling libs" once in a while. Rofl, I loved that.

torchbearer
05-03-2008, 01:43 PM
Does Larry still loves us? I miss him.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2082/2052852658_3ee3631414_b.jpg

constituent
05-03-2008, 01:44 PM
http://www.jaipa.or.jp/UCE/img/spam.gif

torchbearer
05-03-2008, 01:45 PM
and this one just because i got flickr open.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2315/2116452425_f2f77be623_o.gif

Roxi
06-29-2008, 04:59 PM
its been a while since this old thread was trudged up.... good times..... my additions

aravoths first few videos
ames straw poll
the mosaic
ronpaulrally.org
4th of july last year

to name a few

kombayn
06-30-2008, 02:10 AM

You do that and you lose people to the message. Not everyone is going to agree with Ron Paul on every issue. But it's about promoting the Bill of Rights to not be infringed upon.

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 05:33 AM
Does Larry still loves us? I miss him.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2082/2052852658_3ee3631414_b.jpg

A kind supporter posted me that USA Today clipping.

Along with tea bags, stickers, and various gems.

They adorn my Den walls, and encourage debate amongst my Aussie citizens.

Thank you Ron Paul, for opening my mind...

Dary
06-30-2008, 05:46 AM
If they haven’t already been posted...

I remember when we busted the Cal Thomas website admin for tweaking the website’s poll results.

I remember the Spam food drive in SC.

phree
06-30-2008, 06:30 AM
I remember when a brilliant supporter recognized early on that many RP supporters had the maturity and discipline of juvenile chimps. That visionary created this under-appreciated thread:
Grassroots Guerrilla Code of Conduct (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=50830)

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 06:33 AM
I remember when a brilliant supporter recognized early on that many RP supporters had the maturity and discipline of juvenile chimps. That visionary created this under-appreciated thread:
Grassroots Guerrilla Code of Conduct (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=50830)

I am a proud Neanderthal, on the road to re-habilitation.

Not.