PDA

View Full Version : Ron to be on "The Situation Room" tonight

BigFatRock
05-02-2008, 11:31 AM
From the Daily Dose campaign blog -

Dr. Paul will be appearing on “The Situation Room w/ Wolf Blitzer” tonight at 4:10 pm ET, with a replay at 6:10 pm ET. He could be the lead story, so make sure to tune in at 4:00 pm just in case.

The One
05-02-2008, 11:31 AM
Requests for youtube begin in 3.....2.....1.......

Pauliana
05-02-2008, 11:36 AM
YOUTUBE or it didn't happen!

;)

hillertexas
05-02-2008, 11:36 AM
1.... youtube patrol mobilize!

bucfish
05-02-2008, 11:37 AM
I will be watching!

tonyr1988
05-02-2008, 11:37 AM
If no one else gets it up, I'll try - but I'll probably be leaving town around 5, so it won't be done until I get back. :(

kigol
05-02-2008, 11:39 AM
awesome

Phantom
05-02-2008, 11:42 AM
Nothing on ronpaul2008.com about this but I will be watching.

Thanks for the heads up BigFatRock.

SeanEdwards
05-02-2008, 11:45 AM
Gonna do my Nostradamus act and predict the words that will come out of Wolf Blitzer's mouth:

"His book is the #1 bestseller on Amazon right now. Amazing, amazing results!"

Then Cafferty will whine because nobody bought his crappy book.

szczebrzeszyn
05-02-2008, 11:46 AM
does it run online? :)

RideTheDirt
05-02-2008, 11:52 AM
Sounds great!
Maybe some sheep will wake up and become sheepherders and spread the message that has inspired so many to do just that.We should be responsible for our own lives and who we elect to office.The elected officials should also be responsible to the people who they are chosen to represent.If it is all a sham our country cannot, and will not last. Well, at least as a so called "democracy"(where the average turnout is 50%, so accordingly 25% rule this land and the rest are told their votes don't count)

Mopsus
05-02-2008, 11:56 AM
In our sad world of elitism, our hero and champion's name is "Dr. Paul." He should consistently be referred to as such.

No disrespect intended on my part

Please observe the respect due to the man who has been beaten down by corporatism for 30+ years.

rational thinker
05-02-2008, 12:03 PM
Whomever YouTubes, please place the Digg link in the description box.

salsero96
05-02-2008, 12:05 PM
Where is the Situation Room?

Highland
05-02-2008, 12:06 PM
Where is the Situation Room?

CNN

speciallyblend
05-02-2008, 12:23 PM
Ron Paul needs to clairfy the NV Conventon situation loud and clear and call out the corrupt gop tactics. If he fails to do this,then we will get the same ole BS questions. He must be firm and bring out the truth ,so there is no question on the gop's dirty tactics..

JK/SEA
05-02-2008, 01:57 PM
is CNN having satellite problems?..picture is scrambled as of 1pm pacific time.

salsero96
05-02-2008, 01:59 PM
CNN

Thanks!

Cinderella
05-02-2008, 01:59 PM
its working for me...i cant wait...they need to hurry im going to the circus tonight!

Cinderella
05-02-2008, 02:01 PM
damn right he refuses to endore john mccain!!! hes running for president gosh damnit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thechitowncubs
05-02-2008, 02:03 PM
was he on yet?

Cinderella
05-02-2008, 02:05 PM
is this going to be an interview? or will they just be talking about his book??

Cinderella
05-02-2008, 02:05 PM
not yet cub

thechitowncubs
05-02-2008, 02:08 PM
not yet cub

thanks, they better have it on before i go to work

SeanEdwards
05-02-2008, 02:09 PM
Wolf said Ron is going to be on to talk about his new book, why he hasn't dropped out of the GOP race, and his surprising comment regarding Obama.

Cinderella
05-02-2008, 02:11 PM
i love how mccain was like "lets give americans a break over the summer and not have gas tax"...not in those words but close

homah
05-02-2008, 02:11 PM
Wolf said Ron is going to be on to talk about his new book, why he hasn't dropped out of the GOP race, and his surprising comment regarding Obama.

A big ugh at the part in bold. I bet they ask "does this mean you plan to support Obama after you drop out?"

TER
05-02-2008, 02:22 PM
awesome interview!

rajibo
05-02-2008, 02:23 PM
Great interview and great piece on the Book Bomb.:)

Melissa
05-02-2008, 02:23 PM
awesome interview!

+1

damien88
05-02-2008, 02:24 PM
wooohooo book bomb

speciallyblend
05-02-2008, 02:24 PM
i cant believe what i just heard about the book bomb,forget about informing people of the unethical nvgop, geez ,overall good,but wolf tried to tie in the communist manifesto,can you believe that crap????

SeanEdwards
05-02-2008, 02:25 PM
It was just on and it was good.

Except Wolf didn't say "Amazing, amazing".

They mentioned the book being #1 on Amazon, and debuting at #7 on New York Times bestseller list. I bet the GOP assholes are grinding their teeth in frustration.

FreeTraveler
05-02-2008, 02:25 PM
Obligatory YouTube Request

speciallyblend
05-02-2008, 02:27 PM
wolf tried to tie in the communist manifesto?? amazing amazing

homah
05-02-2008, 02:27 PM
A better than average interview from CNN. Aside from the ticker saying "Ron Paul *still* hasn't dropped out of the GOP race" and the internet reporter making #7 on the NY Times Bestseller list sound like a failure, not bad.

homah
05-02-2008, 02:29 PM
wolf tried to tie in the communist manifesto?? amazing amazing

That part really didn't come across as negative to me. He just said when most people think of the word "manifesto" they are reminded of the communist manifesto. Then, RP had a chance to explain that a manifesto is simply a declaration of ones political intentions/views.

speciallyblend
05-02-2008, 02:31 PM
That part really didn't come across as negative to me. He just said when most people think of the word "manifesto" they are reminded of the communist manifesto. Then, RP had a chance to explain that a manifesto is simply a declaration of ones political intentions/views.

i'm just saying it was a pathetic question,how about ask about nevada convention where we WON:) and talk about the negative gop doings

homah
05-02-2008, 02:33 PM
i just saying it was a pathetic question,how about ask about nevada covention where we WON:) and talk about the negative gop doings

yeah, it's a pretty silly question, along with the classics such as why haven't you dropped out, when are you going to endorse mccain, etc. at least the book got some more exposure, though. :)

Yom
05-02-2008, 02:47 PM
And no one got the youtube? Come on people, I know one of you out there must have it! :D

Razmear
05-02-2008, 02:51 PM
Waiting for YouTube, I had CNN on but we had company visit about 5 minutes before he came on so I still missed most of it.

eb

phree
05-02-2008, 02:52 PM

I agree.

If I interviewed Dr. Paul I would ask the same question so that he could address it early. Some of you are so ready to lash out at anyone and anything.

What concerned me the most about this interview is that RP gave the MSM a sound bite they can use to promote Obama. Sometimes I wish Dr. Paul was just a little more "slick".

voytechs
05-02-2008, 03:08 PM
YouTube coming. I just sat down and I record everything. So as soon as I find it on my DVR I'll post it, about 20 minutes my estimate.

eok321
05-02-2008, 03:14 PM
YouTube coming. I just sat down and I record everything. So as soon as I find it on my DVR I'll post it, about 20 minutes my estimate.

Good man, you record everything??

You must have to sift through some amount of bullshit for the cause.

A true patriot!

FreeTraveler
05-02-2008, 03:15 PM

That means you've got 16 minutes left, dude. :D

frasu
05-02-2008, 03:16 PM
bump for tube

voytechs
05-02-2008, 03:27 PM
Good man, you record everything??

You must have to sift through some amount of bullshit for the cause.

A true patriot!

No I don't sift through it all, I rely on everyone else telling me about something interesting like with this thread. Actually I don't watch any of it ever! If someone mentions it, I can probably find it. I record all the morning and evening news shows on CNN and MSNBC (F.U. Frank and Fox News) After the hard drive fills up the oldest shows are deleted automatically to make room for new ones. But I do have about 2 or 3 weeks worth of stuff back.

Video is about 8 minutes in length. I'm reducing its size a little since I record in hi quality (just in case I record a gem) and it must be under 100meg for YouTube.

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
05-02-2008, 03:38 PM
No I don't sift through it all, I rely on everyone else telling me about something interesting like with this thread. Actually I don't watch any of it ever! If someone mentions it, I can probably find it. I record all the morning and evening news shows on CNN and MSNBC (F.U. Frank and Fox News) After the hard drive fills up the oldest shows are deleted automatically to make room for new ones. But I do have about 2 or 3 weeks worth of stuff back.

Video is about 8 minutes in length. I'm reducing its size a little since I record in hi quality (just in case I record a gem) and it must be under 100meg for YouTube.

Thank you from the bottom of my bottomless heart, man!

tajitj
05-02-2008, 03:43 PM
CNN will put is on the site. They will not miss the chance to have thousands of hits to watch.

ams5995
05-02-2008, 03:44 PM
"sounds like the communist manifesto!!!!!!"

....coming from the COMMUNIST NEWS NETWORK CNN lolololol

crazyfacedjenkins
05-02-2008, 03:45 PM

People like you are the reason I don't own a TV, one less bill.

Fields
05-02-2008, 03:55 PM
youtube?

voytechs
05-02-2008, 04:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULlIMbvY7P8

Digg it:
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_on_CNN_Situation_Room_Book_Bomb

0zzy
05-02-2008, 04:04 PM
slow

OptionsTrader
05-02-2008, 04:09 PM

Digg it:

Thanks.

voytechs
05-02-2008, 04:09 PM
slow My wife came in and delayed me for about 10 minutes (speech nothing else for those with dirty minds.)

hillertexas
05-02-2008, 04:15 PM
dugg

frasu
05-02-2008, 04:20 PM

Digg it:

thanks a lot sir

Phantom
05-02-2008, 04:21 PM
Thanks voytechs

RSLudlum
05-02-2008, 04:23 PM
seems our 'publicity' plans have worked quite well so far in this campaign, lets see if the advertising agencies that try to copy/use our ideas in the future can do the same ;)

So what's the next idea we're cooking up besides storming the Convention??? :D

soapmistress
05-02-2008, 04:23 PM
Ha!!! My dad just came over and I made him watch it with me. He's a McCain voter. Afterwards he said "Well, he's the minority but he's absolutely right."

VICTORY IS MINE!!!

He called me a nutjob about 2 months ago.

voytechs
05-02-2008, 04:33 PM
seems our 'publicity' plans have worked quite well so far in this campaign, lets see if the advertising agencies that try to copy/use our ideas in the future can do the same ;)

So what's the next idea we're cooking up besides storming the Convention??? :D

The Delegate Bomb :D

We're gonna bomb McWar with Ron Paul delegates back to stone age!!!

goldstandard
05-02-2008, 04:35 PM
That was a decent interview. Thank you very much.

homah
05-02-2008, 04:36 PM

Digg it:

Should have entitled it "Ron Paul endorses Barack Obama"...guaranteed #1 on Digg. :rolleyes:

Join The Paul Side
05-02-2008, 04:38 PM
"sounds like the communist manifesto!!!!!!"

....coming from the COMMUNIST NEWS NETWORK CNN lolololol

Fuck Wolf. That slight little "sounds like the communist manifesto!!!!!!" injection was meant to turn people off to the book. Normally I like Wolf but today he is garbage. :mad:

phree
05-02-2008, 08:27 PM
Fuck Wolf. That slight little "sounds like the communist manifesto!!!!!!" injection was meant to turn people off to the book. Normally I like Wolf but today he is garbage. :mad:

The title is meant to make people talk. Don't be silly, you don't name something "manifesto" and not expect it to get attention like this, that's the point. Didn't you listen to RP explain it?

constitutional
05-02-2008, 08:39 PM
"Why haven't you officially dropped out?"
"Other Republican candidates have endorsed McCain, why haven't you already?"
"But don't you wanna see a Republican in the White House?"
"What's your biggest problem with Sen. McCain?"
"It seems Congressman, the other two Democratic Candidates come more close to your view..."
"If you had to pick from the three candidates, who would it be?"
"There is no way you can endorse McCain, right?"
"I see the manifesto... title... reminds me of communist manifesto. Tell me what's the point of the title?"
"Your ideas are popular with your base...there are thousands--millions people. Why hasn't your ideas transformed into policies?"
"These are the same online RP supporters that had us talking about RP money bomb."

wow... just wow.

Zera
05-02-2008, 08:54 PM
What can you expect? They won't take him seriously until we give them something really huge to talk about. Getting a high number on the NYT Best Seller will help, but completely taking back the party would be bigger.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
05-02-2008, 09:08 PM
"It seems Congressman, the other two Democratic Candidates come more close to your view..."
"I see the manifesto... title... reminds me of communist manifesto. Tell me what's the point of the title?"
"Your ideas are popular with your base...there are thousands--millions people. Why hasn't your ideas transformed into policies?"
"These are the same online RP supporters that had us talking about RP money bomb."

wow... just wow.

sounds like an agenda to me.

TruthAtLast
05-02-2008, 09:23 PM
i thought that was a nice interview and Ron Paul covered the topics very well. He didn't emphasize his "radical" (to some) ideas that can turn people off. Instead he held his ground and really got the message across that unity for the sake of unity is meaningless and empty. "We need to believe in something" was a great line. Granted, he was thrown some softballs there but I love when Ron Paul appears more mainstream. It warms people up to him and they realize "hey, this guy doesn't seem so crazy. Let me give him a second look"

I have found that people have such a knee-jerk reaction to some of Ron Paul's beliefs that it is almost too much to take in. Some people need to be brought in slowly and figure out why these beliefs make sense on their own.

With interviews like this where the media isn't completely marginalizing him or outright making fun of him it changes the whole dynamic of perception about him and his views. It is amazing that once the media just gives him the benefit of the doubt, the sheeple start to look at him differently.

I think that interview, while short, greatly helped the cause.

Trigonx
05-02-2008, 09:55 PM

wow... just wow.

Wow is right...

Bruno
05-02-2008, 10:22 PM
i thought that was a nice interview and Ron Paul covered the topics very well. He didn't emphasize his "radical" (to some) ideas that can turn people off. Instead he held his ground and really got the message across that unity for the sake of unity is meaningless and empty. "We need to believe in something" was a great line. Granted, he was thrown some softballs there but I love when Ron Paul appears more mainstream. It warms people up to him and they realize "hey, this guy doesn't seem so crazy. Let me give him a second look"

I have found that people have such a knee-jerk reaction to some of Ron Paul's beliefs that it is almost too much to take in. Some people need to be brought in slowly and figure out why these beliefs make sense on their own.

With interviews like this where the media isn't completely marginalizing him or outright making fun of him it changes the whole dynamic of perception about him and his views. It is amazing that once the media just gives him the benefit of the doubt, the sheeple start to look at him differently.

I think that interview, while short, greatly helped the cause.

Well said!

soapmistress
05-02-2008, 10:41 PM
Now CNN has this on the ticker as "Ron Paul won't back McCain, Likes Obama's Foreign Policy"

PUKE

so so so out of context

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/05/02/paul-not-ready-to-endorse-mccain-likes-obamas-foreign-policy/

resistoppression
05-02-2008, 11:53 PM
from cnn...

"Even though Rep. Ron Paul has never officially ended his long shot presidential bid, he’s ready to weigh in on the three remaining major candidates for the White House."

disgusting...just notice some of the words they always use with dr.paul.

"long shot"

inferring hes a minor candidate, etc. :mad:

ClayTrainor
05-02-2008, 11:56 PM
from cnn...

"Even though Rep. Ron Paul has never officially ended his long shot presidential bid, he’s ready to weigh in on the three remaining major candidates for the White House."

"long shot"

Not worth getting upset over bro,

just keep doign what we're doing.

We're winning, there's really no stopping us...

0zzy
05-03-2008, 12:00 AM
from cnn...

"long shot"

Long shot, referring to his long-shot status to get from the position he is in today to POTUS.

TER
05-03-2008, 12:01 AM
Not worth getting upset over bro,

just keep doign what we're doing.

We're winning, there's really no stopping us...

bump

America is starting to wake up. This was not going to happen overnight. Sometimes you need to take baby steps...

Alawn
05-03-2008, 12:23 AM
They will use this to super hype/lie that he loves Obama so he must not be a Republican and Obama must be super cool.

Bruno
05-03-2008, 01:13 AM
They will use this to super hype/lie that he loves Obama so he must not be a Republican and Obama must be super cool.

Well, they will still be talking about him, that is good, it keeps him in the public eye. Then another reporter can ask him to clarify, and he will make sure to do so, which will lead to more publicity, etc.

syborius
05-03-2008, 01:20 AM
nice interview from CNN, when RP is well rested he is very clear and concise and comes across as a strong statesman. This was definitely a good interview....and unequivocally shows RP is still in the race to the finish line. wooohooo

JohnDevilman
05-03-2008, 05:20 AM
Thank you for the YouTube link. I enjoyed that.