PDA

View Full Version : The Nevada Convention is the greatest thing ever!

dude58677
05-02-2008, 10:30 AM
It shows that we really aren't just a campaign but we are very serious about a revolution and change.:)

rational thinker
05-02-2008, 10:31 AM
What happened? I've been lost the last couple of days.

dude58677
05-02-2008, 10:35 AM
What happened? I've been lost the last couple of days.

Among 600 Ron Paul supporters voted for national delegates before the NVGOP called it off to save John McCain the embarassment.

rational thinker
05-02-2008, 10:39 AM
So did we win?

dannno
05-02-2008, 10:48 AM
So did we win?

No, they called an indefinite recess part way through, without voting on it, and just left the building.

constituent
05-02-2008, 10:49 AM
No, they called an indefinite recess part way through, without voting on it, and just left the building.

in other words,

http://imagesource.art.com/images/-/Screw-You-Guys--C11755105.jpeg

ClockwiseSpark
05-02-2008, 10:50 AM
We didn't win. We will most likely not get any delegates from NV.
Yeah totally awesome. :rolleyes:

Dave39168
05-02-2008, 10:57 AM
I was also very encouraged by what happened in Nevada. It shows that this movement is very strong and that the media ignoring us is not going to make us go away. I was disappointed by the way the NVGOP handled it, but that was to be expected. definately NOT the greatest thing ever... but it does show that we are force to be reckoned with and that we don't plan to back down.

sratiug
05-02-2008, 11:03 AM
We didn't win. We will most likely not get any delegates from NV.
Yeah totally awesome. :rolleyes:

I think we will get them all.

ClockwiseSpark
05-02-2008, 11:07 AM
I think we will get them all.

Apparently you didn't watch the live feed from the meeting last night.

The convention will not reconvene and the voting will be done by mail-in ballots.

Join The Paul Side
05-02-2008, 11:13 AM

The convention will not reconvene and the voting will be done by mail-in ballots.

Ummm, I thought that's what the Neo-cons want to do, and everybody at the meeting objected. So I don't think it's set in stone with mail in ballots yet. :cool:

acptulsa
05-02-2008, 11:17 AM

May I have your attention please. There are Ron Paul Republicans loose in public and speaking the truth. Please stay indoors and wear ear protection. We will collect your ballots and your money later. That is all.

torchbearer
05-02-2008, 11:23 AM
Ummm, I thought that's what the Neo-cons want to do, and everybody at the meeting objected. So I don't think it's set in stone with mail in ballots yet. :cool:

Yeh, the delegates get to decide how the vote is done, not the chairman or the committee.

Ron Paul's people need to grow some balls and call a convention, give a date and time... make a call, and dare all the delegates who want to vote to show up.

If quorum is achieved, then you can have a legit vote, and Beers and his lackeys don't have to be there for it to be legit, because the convention is about the delegates. The Chairs job is the keep order and to move things along, that is it.

Beers does not have to set the convention, the delegates can do it.

ClockwiseSpark
05-02-2008, 11:28 AM

The neocons also wanted to call an illegal recess so they didn't lose.

kigol
05-02-2008, 11:28 AM
It shows that we really aren't just a campaign but we are very serious about a revolution and change.:)

yup :)

Ninja Homer
05-02-2008, 11:36 AM

Not entirely true...

I just watched it all at:
http://www.stickam.com/viewMovieGallery.do?uId=175225555

Bob Beers was pushing the idea of mail-in ballots, but it hasn't been decided yet that this is what they're going to do.

Even if this is what they decide to do, Ron Paul supporters could hold their own convention, as long as they have a quorum. They can buy the list of delegates from the Nevada GOP for $10,000, and start contacting them all.

They need 674 delegates to make a quorum. It sounds like there were about 600 Ron Paul supporters as delegates, so they alone don't have enough for quorum. However, keep in mind that it isn't just Ron Paul delegates and McCain delegates. Romney won the straw poll by a large margin in Nevada, and you have to assume that not all of them support McCain, and some of the 750 or so delegates who aren't Ron Paul supporters would be willing to show up at this convention to make a quorum.

I think that there has to be at least an attempt at pulling this off, and it would be best if they did it quick, so they can fall back on focusing on a mail-in vote (or whatever the NV GOP comes up with).

Another way to go after this would be with lawyers. Votes were cast at the convention, and those votes should be upheld.

MozoVote
05-02-2008, 05:35 PM
Even if I try to imagine "the shoe on the other foot" - if I was a member of the NVGOP executive committee and scheming to get McCain delegates - I don't think I could argue for throwing out the ballots already cast. It makes the NVGOP look like incompetants, to say that they could not hold a clean vote at their own convention! :eek:

At least the mail-in voting makes *some* sense financially.

acroso
05-02-2008, 05:52 PM
We should have a money bomb for Beer's opponent if he screws us.

mmink15
05-02-2008, 06:00 PM
Even if this is what they decide to do, Ron Paul supporters could hold their own convention, as long as they have a quorum. They can buy the list of delegates from the Nevada GOP for $10,000, and start contacting them all.

They need 674 delegates to make a quorum. It sounds like there were about 600 Ron Paul supporters as delegates, so they alone don't have enough for quorum. However, keep in mind that it isn't just Ron Paul delegates and McCain delegates. Romney won the straw poll by a large margin in Nevada, and you have to assume that not all of them support McCain, and some of the 750 or so delegates who aren't Ron Paul supporters would be willing to show up at this convention to make a quorum.

I think that there has to be at least an attempt at pulling this off, and it would be best if they did it quick, so they can fall back on focusing on a mail-in vote (or whatever the NV GOP comes up with).

Another way to go after this would be with lawyers. Votes were cast at the convention, and those votes should be upheld.

Why not start a Chip-In for the 10 grand. Let's score a solid grassroots victory on this one. This may be a bad question but, has the official campaign responded?

brooklyn
05-02-2008, 07:48 PM
I'm waiting for a reply from RP hq in LV to find out more and whether we can move on this.